Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 408

Thread: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.[W:324]

  1. #351
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,265

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.[W:324]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    There's nothing in the linked article from the OP to conclude that the WH knew of the video that was initially blamed for starting the Benghazi attack or that the WH knew of the attack beforehand.

    WH officials contacting Goggle/YouTube officials blasting them for airing the video isn't proof they knew about it before it aired.
    They knew the Cairo embassy had just been attacked, and the knew it was a Jihadist group calling for the release of the blind sheik that was responsible for it.

    And someone in the Cairo embassy sent out a disconnected apology during the attack about a You tube video.

    And later that night Hillary sent out a press release during the Benghazi attack that referenced a video.

    One day after the Benghazi attack the State Department informed the Lybian Govt that it was Ansar al Sharia who was actually responsible for the Benghazi terrorist attack.

    4 Days later Susan Rice heads out to the Sunday talk shows to perpetuate the lie about a video.

    Hillary Clinton mentioned the video again standing in front of four coffins that contained the remains of 4 Americans who lost their lives in Benghazi.

    So no one is buying the WH's lie anymore.

  2. #352
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    I can also agree with some of the sentiments you shared. I have no faith that any investigation by any party or committee in Washington DC will get to the bottom of anything. However the idea someone must link you to an online source where someone demanded an investigation of an embassy attack between 2001 and 2009? Does not hold water. As they say, that dog don't hunt as an excuse or rationale for why the Benghazi attack is different from previous ones. First off every embassy attack in that time period was investigated; they all are no matter what year they occur in. This is just standard procedure.

    In the case of Benghazi the early attempts to spin the attack and the possible coverup that resulted in the aftermath? Stand out in stark contrast to pretty much every attack ever mounted against a US Embassy before it. Had previous embassy attacks found the White House so obviously involved in trying to alter the facts about the attack, just prior to a election? Are you saying such a occurrence would not have had calls for investigation and cries of coverup? Particularly when at such length after the attack, previously withhold subpenaed material that includes disturbing and possibly damning information and evidence contrary to the White House spin has just been forced from the administration by court order? Because that claim or stance is absurd on its face.
    what i'm saying is that my opinion is that the vast majority of Republicans who are pushing the Benghazi story are doing so for political reasons. because of this, i won't spend much time with any poster who can't show me that he or she supported serious inquiries into the embassy attacks which occurred during the Bush administration.

  3. #353
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,837
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    what i'm saying is that my opinion is that the vast majority of Republicans who are pushing the Benghazi story are doing so for political reasons. because of this, i won't spend much time with any poster who can't show me that he or she supported serious inquiries into the embassy attacks which occurred during the Bush administration.
    Threats and attacks on embassies are sadly routine. I spent 18 years in eight assignments serving in them. It is the lethality of Benghazi that puts it in a different category.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    what i'm saying is that my opinion is that the vast majority of Republicans who are pushing the Benghazi story are doing so for political reasons. because of this, i won't spend much time with any poster who can't show me that he or she supported serious inquiries into the embassy attacks which occurred during the Bush administration.
    The reason the White House acted as they did is for political reasons. Right before an election too. Since all embassy attacks are investigated as a matter of routine, why should anyone need to show you that they redundantly supported that which has already occurred? Which embassy attack that occurred in the Bush years is it that you are claiming was not investigated seriously? Which you say unless posters at DP prove to you they supported or did not, at the time, means you won't engage in the here and now about Benghazi for?

    So because you say the media is all about politics, and the republicans and the White House are all about politics too? Unless a poster can prove to you that they supported the investigations of prior embassy attacks, even though their support or opposition is meaningless because the investigations occur regardless, you won't spend much time with us DP members? Well if I understand your message, uhm, ok.
    Last edited by Filthy McNasty; 05-26-14 at 10:45 PM.

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Threats and attacks on embassies are sadly routine. I spent 18 years in eight assignments serving in them. It is the lethality of Benghazi that puts it in a different category.
    Care to share some of those nations you were in?

  6. #356
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,837
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Care to share some of those nations you were in?
    Sorry, but that's against the rules. Continents only: Africa and Europe.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #357
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    The reason the White House acted as they did is for political reasons. Right before an election too. Since all embassy attacks are investigated as a matter of routine, why should anyone need to show you that they redundantly supported that which has already occurred? Which embassy attack that occurred in the Bush years is it that you are claiming was not investigated seriously? Which you say unless posters at DP prove to you they supported or did not, at the time, means you won't engage in the here and now about Benghazi for?

    So because you say the media is all about politics, and the republicans and the White House are all about politics too? Unless a poster can prove to you that they supported the investigations of prior embassy attacks, even though their support or opposition is meaningless because the investigations occur regardless, you won't spend much time with us DP members? Well if I understand your message, uhm, ok.
    was there a link there that i missed? should be easy enough to prove that you demanded a full and thorough investigation of a Bush era embassy attack. do so in a PM if you don't want to reveal your identity on another site. then i'll respond.

  8. #358
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's a mighty sizable claim you got there. Care to back it up?

    Anyway, your strawman (that being that I personally cared about it) is a particularly bizarre red herring. After a while you just kind of expect that if somebody bad mouths Islam somebody's going to set a flag on fire or something.
    You hadnt even heard of that video til it was deliberately offered as a lie about the attack. But you go ahead on and pretend that you did.

  9. #359
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You hadnt even heard of that video til it was deliberately offered as a lie about the attack. But you go ahead on and pretend that you did.
    Care to back that up?

    When you have to resort to mind reading you've lost.

  10. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Sorry, but that's against the rules. Continents only: Africa and Europe.
    Fair enough. Would it be safe to say since you spent time in Africa, where Benghazi is, and in Europe, where some possible response to Benghazi would be based-that you might have more insight into this than the forums lefties who get their news from The Daily Show?

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •