Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 408

Thread: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.[W:324]

  1. #271
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    I wouldn't limit the scope of investigation to just 2001-09. The two Beirut bombings in the early eighties are certainly mentionable. The Iran Hostage Crisis is too. The simultaneous embassy bombings on 8/7/98 could be examined.
    i have no problem with investigating an embassy attack. what i do have a problem with is selecting one attack for two years of saturation coverage in order to to use it as a tool against a political opponent.

  2. #272
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The problem is that they kept claiming it was the result of a video when all the evidence said otherwise. The State Department and the Commander in Chief should know better than to guess at what's going on anyway.
    Correct, but seems that this about all those 2 could manage between the two of them.

    How many times has Obama and his admin now stated that the first they've heard of something going on in their own administration was from the news reports?

    Starting to get tiring, all this dodging and weaving, and lack or accountability.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    They also kept qualifying the statement by adding "according to the best information we have now". We now know that was a reference to the CIA who wanted that story to be told simply to cover themselves for not catching the terrorists planned attack, or whatever. That is what you guys find so sinister? The CIA covering itself for screwing up? You'd think you would have been used to it after GW. Are you sure it isn't that Romney lost the election? He did so deal with it.

    No, I think it's the administration that really screwed up in this case. Didn't the non-politically edited by campaign staff CIA talking points call out which terrorist group it was, and that even Al Qaeda might be also involved?

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Personally, I am not going to keep silent about how badly this white house handled Benghazi just because many on the left are going to label my comments as "partisan". It would be different if it were not for the fact that the white house has been stonewalling every investigation about Benghazi. They have been basically trying to ride it out by stammering: "Move on....there is nothing to see here". The problem is.....in the very least, the administration outright lied to the American public for two solid weeks following the attacks and as of yet, none of the terrorists who committed the act have been captured or killed. Nevermind the partisan politics....I just want answers.
    Exactly. Well said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Now Obama is promising to get to the bottom of the VA deaths as he did about Fast and Furious, the IRS and Benghazi, Hurricane Sandy relief delays and so on.

    Obama: Shinseki stays for now, but VA misconduct will be punished - CNN.com

    Does anyone still believe this incompetent?

    Nope. I'm thinking not, and I think it'll be the Democrats who'll have to suffer the consequences this coming November and the following election as well.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  3. #273
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Just because you accept it, makes it all acceptable? I hardly think so. Shouldn't we be raising expectations and demanding our leaders meet or exceed those expectations? I sure think so.
    I never said I accepted it, or that it was acceptable.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #274
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I never said I accepted it, or that it was acceptable.
    OK, guess I didn't hear what I thought I heard in your post. No problem.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i have no problem with investigating an embassy attack. what i do have a problem with is selecting one attack for two years of saturation coverage in order to to use it as a tool against a political opponent.
    That's not being entirely fair to the situation given the context.

    The Obama administration, like many before it, will/have/are stonewalling Congress in a variety of ways.

    Generally, when someone won't turn something over it is because they have something to hide.

  6. #276
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i have no problem with investigating an embassy attack. what i do have a problem with is selecting one attack for two years of saturation coverage in order to to use it as a tool against a political opponent.
    So better to have given up with the administration's stonewalling? Just think if there hadn't been continued pressure on this? Hardly.

    From my view, the administration cast it's lot when it started with all the dodging, weaving, various blame memes to cover up their incompetence, and above all, the values that dictate political expediency over the truth and accountability, you know, substance over optics, and not vice-versa?
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  7. #277
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    That's not being entirely fair to the situation given the context.

    The Obama administration, like many before it, will/have/are stonewalling Congress in a variety of ways.

    Generally, when someone won't turn something over it is because they have something to hide.
    so why shouldn't we devote two years of saturation coverage to the other attacks? there might have been coverups, and we wouldn't have any way of knowing.

    you know why, and every participant in these threads knows, too.

  8. #278
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    So better to have given up with the administration's stonewalling? Just think if there hadn't been continued pressure on this? Hardly.

    From my view, the administration cast it's lot when it started with all the dodging, weaving, various blame memes to cover up their incompetence, and above all, the values that dictate political expediency over the truth and accountability, you know, substance over optics, and not vice-versa?
    before i respond to you or anyone else, i require this :

    please link me to a thread in which you demanded an investigation of any of the embassy attacks which occurred during the Bush administration. anywhere on the net. ready, set, go.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    so why shouldn't we devote two years of saturation coverage to the other attacks? there might have been coverups, and we wouldn't have any way of knowing.

    you know why, and every participant in these threads knows, too.
    I'm all for uncovering government (*any* government or administration on the planet) wrongdoing, illegality, controversy, contradictions, lies, deceit, propaganda, disinformation, etc. I'm not a partisan. No party has my loyalty or allegiance. I will say this though: investigating American deaths is surely a better exercise of time for Congressmen/women & Senators than worrying about the name of a pro football team.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: White House Contacted Youtube DURING Benghazi Attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    before i respond to you or anyone else, i require this :

    please link me to a thread in which you demanded an investigation of any of the embassy attacks which occurred during the Bush administration. anywhere on the net. ready, set, go.
    It really doesn't matter what you "require". If you want to debate past embassy attacks start a thread on it rather than trying to hijack this one.

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •