Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99

Thread: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

  1. #1
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Mark Cuban of Dallas Mavericks discusses own prejudices, how he handles them - ESPN Dallas
    Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, attempting to make a nuanced point about society's challenges dealing with racism, acknowledged having his own "prejudices and bigotries" during an interview with Inc. magazine that has gone viral.

    "In this day and age, this country has really come a long way putting any type of bigotry behind us, regardless of who it's toward," Cuban said Wednesday. "We've come a long way, and with that progress comes a price. We're a lot more vigilant and we're a lot less tolerant of different views, and it's not necessarily easy for everybody to adapt or evolve.

    "I mean, we're all prejudiced in one way or another. If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it's late at night, I'm walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there's a guy that has tattoos all over his face -- white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere -- I'm walking back to the other side of the street. And the list goes on of stereotypes that we all live up to and are fearful of. So in my businesses, I try not to be hypocritical. I know that I'm not perfect. I know that I live in a glass house, and it's not appropriate for me to throw stones."
    And......here we go.

    Here come the lazy victim-card addicts running for another dose of "my life is a disaster because of rich white men."

    Cuban is 1000 percent right, but he's getting skewered. These days, we turn the Trayvons and Rodney Kings into little angels for the purpose of hanging white men from the closest tree.

    Now, Cuban's our new Racist for the Day. I'm sure Donald Sterling is grateful for him taking the baton.

    White people just need to learn to live with double standards and shut the hell up.

  2. #2
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Mark Cuban of Dallas Mavericks discusses own prejudices, how he handles them - ESPN Dallas


    And......here we go.

    Here come the lazy victim-card addicts running for another dose of "my life is a disaster because of rich white men."

    Cuban is 1000 percent right, but he's getting skewered. These days, we turn the Trayvons and Rodney Kings into little angels for the purpose of hanging white men from the closest tree.

    Now, Cuban's our new Racist for the Day. I'm sure Donald Sterling is grateful for him taking the baton.

    White people just need to learn to live with double standards and shut the hell up.
    I fail to see anything racist about what he said. I guess we aren't allowed to mention color. What a joke. He'll survive. And, frankly, I doubt that he gives two ****s.

    Edit:

    I do have to say, though, that if I'm out walking at night and see a black kid with a hoodie on, I'm probably not going to cross the street. But I understand the point he was trying to make.

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I fail to see anything racist about what he said. I guess we aren't allowed to mention color. What a joke. He'll survive. And, frankly, I doubt that he gives two ****s.

    Edit:

    I do have to say, though, that if I'm out walking at night and see a black kid with a hoodie on, I'm probably not going to cross the street. But I understand the point he was trying to make.
    Depends on the street, I imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Cuban is an idiot that don't know when to keep his mouth shut.

  5. #5
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Mark Cuban of Dallas Mavericks discusses own prejudices, how he handles them - ESPN Dallas


    And......here we go.

    Here come the lazy victim-card addicts running for another dose of "my life is a disaster because of rich white men."

    Cuban is 1000 percent right, but he's getting skewered. These days, we turn the Trayvons and Rodney Kings into little angels for the purpose of hanging white men from the closest tree.

    Now, Cuban's our new Racist for the Day. I'm sure Donald Sterling is grateful for him taking the baton.

    White people just need to learn to live with double standards and shut the hell up.
    Any support for your claim that Cuban is being attacked by anything more than a few nutsacks on the internet?

    It looks like the majority are saying his remarks are reasonable albeit a bit clumsy
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #6
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Any support for your claim that Cuban is being attacked by anything more than a few nutsacks on the internet?

    It looks like the majority are saying his remarks are reasonable albeit a bit clumsy
    He's being trashed by black sports journalists this morning.

    Here's one: https://twitter.com/bomani_jones

    Cuban is concerned about the slippery slope of forcing someone to sell their business over comments made privately in their own home.

  7. #7
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I Edit:

    I do have to say, though, that if I'm out walking at night and see a black kid with a hoodie on, I'm probably not going to cross the street. But I understand the point he was trying to make.
    If I am out walking at night, alone, and I see just about any male, any color, any clothes, I am probably going to cross the street. Not because of prejudice, but because I am a small older middle-aged woman, and just about any man is going to be my superior, when it comes to physical strength.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Cuban is an idiot that don't know when to keep his mouth shut.
    Mark Cuban may be a lot of things. An idiot? He's not.

  9. #9
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    He's being trashed by black sports journalists this morning.

    Here's one: https://twitter.com/bomani_jones

    Cuban is concerned about the slippery slope of forcing someone to sell their business over comments made privately in their own home.
    Bomani Jones?

    How horrible!! Everyone knows that once Bomani Jones (ie some guy with a Twitter account) targets you, you're history!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #10
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,995
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    If I am out walking at night, alone, and I see just about any male, any color, any clothes, I am probably going to cross the street. Not because of prejudice, but because I am a small older middle-aged woman, and just about any man is going to be my superior, when it comes to physical strength.
    That's prejudiced.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •