Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 99

Thread: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

  1. #61
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,033

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    Bomani Jones on is back and forth with Mark Cuban | Dan Patrick ShowDan Patrick Show


    Jones is pointing out that Cuban suffers from a common bias, that black people are scary just being. The white people he mentioned had to be decorated with tats and have shaved heads.
    Or maybe this is part of it.......

    Lil Jon

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-11-17 @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    127

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Cute defense mechanism.
    "Defense mechanism"? I haven't expressed an opinion or claimed a position to defend.

  3. #63
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Cute racism.
    I suggest you read the book "Outliers" written by Malcolm Gladwell. Among other topics, Mr. Gladwell goes into great detail on why, for instance, cultures like in South Korea have the worst records in flight. Why, for instance, cultures of the Pacific Rim are better in math. Why, for instance, cultures like those in West Virginia and Tennessee have had long, bloody feuds...

    I assume you're actually more interested in punishing the white, conservative culture than raising up the African-American culture.
    Last edited by cabse5; 05-22-14 at 11:45 PM.

  4. #64
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Very good point.
    Except he was describing a Treyvon Martin type individual which why he later apologized to his parents. He was describing a look with the clothing. He certainly wasn't saying a black man in a button-up shirt and slacks would make him cross the street.
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating.
    Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in "Crime: New Frontier - Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue" by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in US News & World Report (10 March 1996)
    If Jessie Jackson isn't racist for saying what I believe was a truthful comment on his part, why would Cuban be?

  6. #66
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    If Jessie Jackson isn't racist for saying what I believe was a truthful comment on his part, why would Cuban be?
    Because Cuban is white.
    Hail to the King baby!

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    Bomani Jones on is back and forth with Mark Cuban | Dan Patrick ShowDan Patrick Show


    Jones is pointing out that Cuban suffers from a common bias, that black people are scary just being. The white people he mentioned had to be decorated with tats and have shaved heads.

    Clearly we need to ban all hoodie from existence its the hoodie that turns them into murdering and raping criminals.

    See a black man like trayvon can say all kinds of racial slurs and nothing is said. But a white man says sure just cross the street and its look at that racist ass cracka.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    I suggest you read the book "Outliers" written by Malcolm Gladwell. Among other topics, Mr. Gladwell goes into great detail on why, for instance, cultures like in South Korea have the worst records in flight. Why, for instance, cultures of the Pacific Rim are better in math. Why, for instance, cultures like those in West Virginia and Tennessee have had long, bloody feuds...

    I assume you're actually more interested in punishing the white, conservative culture than raising up the African-American culture.
    I don't need to read a book to know that you're a racist. Also, Gladwell would be disappointed that you're using him to perpetuate racism.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    I agree 100% with Cuban and so do as do all the anti-Cubans posting here as they too would change sides of the street. If three or four houses on your all white residential block were sold to blacks every single person would think the values of the homes could plunder. If you live in a middle class neighborhood and suddenly learn there is a low income apartment complex project going to be built near by you your thoughts would be think your property values could plunder. The great American lie perpetuated against all Americans is there is no difference between the races and that is an insult to all races. Americans should try to live together but not as one but as several separate entities that simply respect one another and stand for each one's right to a decent life. Which would you prefer, one who outwardly declares racial superiority or one who declare racial equality as long was they did not have to live in the same neighborhood?

  10. #70
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I don't need to read a book to know that you're a racist. Also, Gladwell would be disappointed that you're using him to perpetuate racism.
    Just keep those reparations coming, huh? If you're white, what are you? If you're non-white..

    Instead of insulting me, why don't you obtain some knowledge by reading Gladwell's book? You want the African-American culture to succeed, don't you?
    Last edited by cabse5; 05-23-14 at 10:12 AM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •