Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99

Thread: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

  1. #11
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    That's prejudiced.
    Then so be it. Put it in the New York Times.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #12
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    He's being trashed by black sports journalists this morning.

    Here's one: https://twitter.com/bomani_jones

    Cuban is concerned about the slippery slope of forcing someone to sell their business over comments made privately in their own home.
    nope you are wrong:

    Bomani Jones ‏@bomani_jones 2m
    i NEVER said he was racist RT @ryan_fatula: do you think he's racist or just pointed out important deep rooted societal issues?

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Mark Cuban may be a lot of things. An idiot? He's not.
    Don't be confused just because he is rich. He is always letting his mouth get him in trouble.

  4. #14
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    What's crossing a street going to do for you? Seriously if someone has an intention to harm you a road between the two of you isn't going to do much to stop him.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  5. #15
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Bomani Jones?

    How horrible!! Everyone knows that once Bomani Jones (ie some guy with a Twitter account) targets you, you're history!!
    He has a very successful radio show with Dan LeBetard on ESPN and Sirius XM, along witih 176,000 followers on Twitter.

  6. #16
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Don't be confused just because he is rich. He is always letting his mouth get him in trouble.
    I watch him on Shark Tank. He's actually brilliant. He's in a business where his mouth is his PR firm. I'd be interested to see quotes that have gotten him in trouble. I doubt his definition of "in trouble" agrees with yours.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    nope you are wrong:

    Bomani Jones ‏@bomani_jones 2m
    i NEVER said he was racist RT @ryan_fatula: do you think he's racist or just pointed out important deep rooted societal issues?
    Then why did Cuban and he have it out on Twitter?

    He's just backing down now.

  8. #18
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    He has a very successful radio show with Dan LeBetard on ESPN and Sirius XM, along witih 176,000 followers on Twitter.
    And from the looks of it, his 176K followers aren't attacking Cuban for being a racist and neither did Bomani.

    http://www.danpatrick.com/2014/05/22/bomani-jones/
    “People have come to a conclusion that Mark Cuban is a racist,” Jones said, “which is certainly not true.

    Jones also said he appreciated what Cuban said: “I do think, however, him copping to bias is important.”
    Jones thinks that was a message that we needed to have after the Donald Sterling scandal. “I appreciated Cuban saying we have our own things to deal with,” Jones said.

    Jones, however, had an issue with the comments that make black people seem “scary.”
    Last edited by sangha; 05-22-14 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #19
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Then why did Cuban and he have it out on Twitter?

    He's just backing down now.
    can you show what the hell you are talking about.

  10. #20
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Mark Cuban talks about prejudice

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Then why did Cuban and he have it out on Twitter?

    He's just backing down now.
    Because they disagree

    Surprisingly, people can do that without calling each other racists.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •