Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Critics call Obama funding plan for health insurer losses a 'bailout'

  1. #1
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    521

    Critics call Obama funding plan for health insurer losses a 'bailout'

    Critics call Obama funding plan for health insurer losses a 'bailout'*-*Los Angeles Times

    Still releasing more regulations to try to cover up the fiasco that is the ACA. I can't see how anyone doesn't see that the ACA is just a scam for the insurance and health industries. Building a clause into the law after the fact in which it says if the insurance companies don't raise rates and lose money, taxpayer funds will cover them is sickening. How is anyone still an Obama supporter?

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Critics call Obama funding plan for health insurer losses a 'bailout'

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSaindo View Post
    Critics call Obama funding plan for health insurer losses a 'bailout'*-*Los Angeles Times

    Still releasing more regulations to try to cover up the fiasco that is the ACA. I can't see how anyone doesn't see that the ACA is just a scam for the insurance and health industries. Building a clause into the law after the fact in which it says if the insurance companies don't raise rates and lose money, taxpayer funds will cover them is sickening. How is anyone still an Obama supporter?
    I'm sure it was meant to fail so the government could save us by having a single payer system - like the VA.

  3. #3
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Critics call Obama funding plan for health insurer losses a 'bailout'

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    I'm sure it was meant to fail so the government could save us by having a single payer system - like the VA.
    The GOP has repeatedly voted against attempts to shore up underfunded VA programs. It's how they function. Campaign on how the government doesn't work, and then do their best to make sure that becomes reality.
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-22-14 at 09:59 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Critics call Obama funding plan for health insurer losses a 'bailout'

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSaindo View Post
    Critics call Obama funding plan for health insurer losses a 'bailout'*-*Los Angeles Times

    Still releasing more regulations to try to cover up the fiasco that is the ACA. I can't see how anyone doesn't see that the ACA is just a scam for the insurance and health industries. Building a clause into the law after the fact in which it says if the insurance companies don't raise rates and lose money, taxpayer funds will cover them is sickening. How is anyone still an Obama supporter?
    This bailout is Obama playing politics-he's trying to calm insurance companies in exchange for NOT dramatically increasing premiums-which is due to happen BEFORE this falls election.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Critics call Obama funding plan for health insurer losses a 'bailout'

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The GOP has repeatedly voted against attempts to shore up underfunded VA programs. It's how they function. Campaign on how the government doesn't work, and then do their best to make sure that becomes reality.
    The problem at the VA is not funding. The problem is that it is run by government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •