Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 136

Thread: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I can tell you for a fact that OBAMA WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!!!!!
    Yes, it is easier to fund raise while sitting down blaming Republicans and smiling a Big cheesy grin.

    Although he won't like CNN bringing up all he had to say about what he knew and wanted done, from 2007 ad 2008 after he was sworn in.

  2. #122
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,513
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yes, it is easier to fund raise while sitting down blaming Republicans and smiling a Big cheesy grin.

    Although he won't like CNN bringing up all he had to say about what he knew and wanted done, from 2007 ad 2008 after he was sworn in.
    Or the fact that there was a massive coverup and flat out intentional distortion of the facts. Where is Obama's outrage about that?

    . . .Six months ago, CNN turned loose its own investigative reporters and aired stories about excessive waits in several facilities across the country. Again, the VA and the White House had little to say.

    Then a month ago, CNN (along with the Arizona Republic) broke the story from the Phoenix VA that managers there have allegedly been cooking their books to provide false assurances. Veterans awaiting care were dying. The administration seemed to brush the story aside and Shinseki refused repeated requests from CNN for an interview.

    Recent days have been a political nightmare for the VA. Hauled before Congress to testify, Shinseki testified that evidence suggested only "isolated incidents" in the system. That same day CNN was reporting that there were allegations of misdeeds in at least six centers across the country. The next day the VA itself said there were 10 centers under investigation. By this week, the official number had mushroomed to 26. And weeks after the fact, the VA has rescinded a bonus it gave earlier this year to the boss of that Phoenix operation.

    In the weeks ahead, the administration now says, investigators will come up with reports and maybe some folks will be forced out. We will see. In the meantime, veterans are still waiting to hear of decisive action to end their long delays in care.

    When troubles arise in which Americans are needlessly dying, citizens like to think of the president as the fireman-in-chief. He is there in the White House, his team ever vigilant, and at the first sign of danger, he leads his team into action. At his side is the Cabinet officer with responsibility. Sadly, that is not what happened here. . . .
    Gergen: Obama, Shinseki stories on VA medical care don't add up - CNN.com
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  3. #123
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,513
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    And as a long-time observer of how these things go, I am watching for what they'll come up with as a 'wag the dog' issue to get this off the front pages. Where is a good George Zimmerman or Sandra Fluke story when you need one?
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Or the fact that there was a massive coverup and flat out intentional distortion of the facts. Where is Obama's outrage about that?

    . . .Six months ago, CNN turned loose its own investigative reporters and aired stories about excessive waits in several facilities across the country. Again, the VA and the White House had little to say.

    Then a month ago, CNN (along with the Arizona Republic) broke the story from the Phoenix VA that managers there have allegedly been cooking their books to provide false assurances. Veterans awaiting care were dying. The administration seemed to brush the story aside and Shinseki refused repeated requests from CNN for an interview.

    Recent days have been a political nightmare for the VA. Hauled before Congress to testify, Shinseki testified that evidence suggested only "isolated incidents" in the system. That same day CNN was reporting that there were allegations of misdeeds in at least six centers across the country. The next day the VA itself said there were 10 centers under investigation. By this week, the official number had mushroomed to 26. And weeks after the fact, the VA has rescinded a bonus it gave earlier this year to the boss of that Phoenix operation.

    In the weeks ahead, the administration now says, investigators will come up with reports and maybe some folks will be forced out. We will see. In the meantime, veterans are still waiting to hear of decisive action to end their long delays in care.

    When troubles arise in which Americans are needlessly dying, citizens like to think of the president as the fireman-in-chief. He is there in the White House, his team ever vigilant, and at the first sign of danger, he leads his team into action. At his side is the Cabinet officer with responsibility. Sadly, that is not what happened here. . . .
    Gergen: Obama, Shinseki stories on VA medical care don't add up - CNN.com

    Yeah, and lets not forget Shenseki also was the General that Criticized Bushed over Iraq and publically got into it with Rumsfeld. Yet BO Kept him/The Repub around.....huh?

  5. #125
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    These were not mistakes. This was a concerted effort of subterfuge for $$. I'm not talking about demanding resignations. I'm talking about serving walking papers.
    Serving beatings would be more appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Actually we should present it for what it was.


    Republicans criticized how most of Sanders' bill was paid for with unspent money from the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq and the winding down of American military involvement in Afghanistan. The GOP says those are not real savings because no one expected those dollars to be spent as those wars ended.
    The GOP and Bush promised a short sanitary war in Iraq. It turned out to be the longest war ever fought in US history. So where did the GOP get the money to pay for it? Now the VA predicts it may be providing health care for wounded vets just from the Iraq and Afghan wars alone for at least the next forty years or more. If the GOP doesn't want to pay for the wounded vets with the extra money then where does the GOP think the money should come from? Its either cut funds for the poor or take it right out of a babies mouth it doesn't matter to them as long as they don't have to pay for it or take responsibility for the damage they've caused.

  7. #127
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yes, it is easier to fund raise while sitting down blaming Republicans and smiling a Big cheesy grin.

    Although he won't like CNN bringing up all he had to say about what he knew and wanted done, from 2007 ad 2008 after he was sworn in.
    Come on, Wolf Blitzer would never do that.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #128
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Obama has got his best tiger teams on this...and you can bet they are doubling down to fix this just like they did with healthcare. Were going to come out of this with the greatest VA system the world has ever seen because Barack is on the case now...
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  9. #129
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    I just got two doctor appointments in June on the same exact day, mental health and physical health.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  10. #130
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Obama on VA allegations: 'I will not stand for it'

    Uhg, I've seen things like this before. Letting veterans die and then covering it up is absolutely disgusting. I don't give Obama a pass on this one because he knew what was going on and I think he definitely could have put a stop to it.

    At the same time, everybody should be aware of the fact that this is what our government does. Everybody fills their pockets with cash and then somehow we don't have enough resources to properly manage federally funded programs. I've seen it with education, with housing for those with disabilities, and here it is with veteran care. The real culprit isn't the White House, as easy as it might be to believe that it is. The real culprit is our congress and the people at the top of the food chain who take their direction from congress.
    A working class hero is something to be

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •