Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

  1. #1
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Conservative political commentator and author Dinesh DíSouza, who made the film ď2016: Obamaís America,Ē pleaded guilty to violating U.S. campaign finance law by using straw donors to exceed federal limits.
    DíSouzaís guilty plea came on the day he was to begin trial on felony charges that he illegally reimbursed two close associates for contributing a total of $20,000 in 2012 to U.S. Senate candidate Wendy Long, a New York Republican. Federal law limits campaign contributions to $5,000 per individual in an election cycle.

    DíSouza, of San Diego, had claimed that he was singled out for prosecution because of his views opposing President Barack Obama. The Federal Election Commission usually files civil claims in cases such as his, DíSouza said. Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara called the claim of selective prosecution baseless.


    ďWe will investigate and prosecute violations of federal law, particularly those that undermine the integrity of the democratic electoral process, without regard to the defendantís political persuasion or party affiliation,Ē Bharara said in a statement. ďThat is what we did in this case and what we will continue to do.Ē


    Read more @: D

    The cries of he was "selectively singled out" from the Conservatives in 4...3...2...1....
    Anyways his documentary was a conspiracy hack show, his books are terrible, and he is a crook.


  2. #2
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: D

    The cries of he was "selectively singled out" from the Conservatives in 4...3...2...1....
    Anyways his documentary was a conspiracy hack show, his books are terrible, and he is a crook. [/FONT]
    I bet the full of the Republocrats are masters at circumventing the donation limit laws.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: D

    The cries of he was "selectively singled out" from the Conservatives in 4...3...2...1....
    Anyways his documentary was a conspiracy hack show, his books are terrible, and he is a crook. [/FONT]
    So is the thread about the conviction, or about his books suck, because he's a Conservative? BTW, have you even read any of his books? Be honest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So is the thread about the conviction, or about his books suck, because he's a Conservative? BTW, have you even read any of his books? Be honest!
    Yes. Excerpts from Obama's America, and Life After Death.
    This is about him pleading guilty.


  5. #5
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,735

    Re: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes. Excerpts from Obama's America, and Life After Death.
    This is about him pleading guilty.
    He should have stayed with Laura Ingraham



  6. #6
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    He should have stayed with Laura Ingraham
    He should of never made that terrible conspiratorial documentary.


  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So is the thread about the conviction, or about his books suck, because he's a Conservative? BTW, have you even read any of his books? Be honest!
    I read some summaries about his books, but was not interested enough in them to actually read them myself. I did see the movie and while there many things I could say about the film, that it was about a conspiracy film? Hints to me this poster has no actual first hand knowledge about any of this and is regurgitating someone else's thoughts on the subject. Aside from that if D'Souza plead guilty then in my book he is. I was lead to believe he had another film about to be released. It will be interesting to see what comes of that and what effect this has on its conclusion.

  8. #8
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    I read some summaries about his books, but was not interested enough in them to actually read them myself. I did see the movie and while there many things I could say about the film, that it was about a conspiracy film? Hints to me this poster has no actual first hand knowledge about any of this and is regurgitating someone else's thoughts on the subject. Aside from that if D'Souza plead guilty then in my book he is. I was lead to believe he had another film about to be released. It will be interesting to see what comes of that and what effect this has on its conclusion.
    In my opinion, there's only one book worth reading, and that is Illiberal Education.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    In my opinion, there's only one book worth reading, and that is Illiberal Education.
    Never read it but I did browse a summary of it. I've already got a large pile of "to read" books stacking up, so I doubt I'll actually ever do that.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: DíSouza Pleads Guilty to Violating U.S. Campaign Finance Law (3)

    Apply the same standard to Obama and see if it's the case of being targeted...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •