Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #81
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    The word calendar's word of the day is "hyperbole":

    hy·per·bo·le


    /hīˈpərbəlē/


    noun

    noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles




    exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

    synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric; More


  2. #82
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,869

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    your accusation is ridiculous based on the fact that when ever this has come up in a court recently other judges ruled the same way. I also think your slandering this man is disgusting.
    Pardon me if I'm not surprised. Your reaction will always be predictable.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  3. #83
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,906

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I'd have no problem with allowing polygamy. Incest however, no thanks. For the simple fact that genetics don't like it and its too easy for the dominate sibling to "persuade" the non-dominate sibling into such things.
    Kal, Kal, you KNOW that's not true right? You MUST know that even clones would have genetic drift and random mutations. Surely you KNOW this. Further, there is some research that suggests that in the future, and when we finally get to a point where Eugenics will be a reality (Which it will) we will be able to design our offspring however we choose. Incest, although repulsive (Kind of ironic since most people up until this latest push by gays to shame anyone that is verbally repulsed by gay sex, were indeed repulsed by gay sex as well) and taboo, isn't taboo for science sake. In fact I'd say that science or any harmful effects of familial breeding are nonsense and demonstrably not true. In other words, much like gay rights advocates use the "what harm does it cause", mantra, the same exact argument can be said of consensual incestuous relationships. Mother, son, brother sister, sister father.. What a brave new world eh?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #84
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,360

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    I love the fear, hate, bigotry and dishonesty that equal rights winning brings out in SOME people.
    Its funny to watch the desperation they have to try and keep denying fellow Americans equal rights.

    Luckily equality is winning and its winning BIG!. Bigotry and discrimaintion is getting its ass kicked all over this country.
    Id say at the longest equal rights will be national 2017 maybe even sooner with all these how level cases in the works. At this point I wouldn't be "surprised" it it happened in 19 months)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  5. #85
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,360

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The word calendar's word of the day is "hyperbole":

    hy·per·bo·le


    /hīˈpərbəlē/


    noun

    noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles




    exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

    synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric; More

    yes your posts and its contents make that obvious. This is why they fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  6. #86
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,869

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    also why did you dodge the question. WHy should the judge have recused himself
    Already addressed in the thread. I don't reply to your constant LOLs
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  7. #87
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Already addressed in the thread. I don't reply to your constant LOLs
    all you gave was a glimpse at bigotry.

  8. #88
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,360

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Already addressed in the thread. I don't reply to your constant LOLs
    translation: you cant defend the illogical claim. Thanks we knew that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  9. #89
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    20,810

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Do you think we have freedoms anymore?
    The freedom to make inane hyperbolic statements stiill exists I see....
    "In my opinion, if we’re going to fight the War on Terror, a good place to start would be our country’s haunted houses." - Norm MacDonald

  10. #90
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,906

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I love the fear, hate, bigotry and dishonesty that equal rights winning brings out in SOME people.
    Its funny to watch the desperation they have to try and keep denying fellow Americans equal rights.

    Luckily equality is winning and its winning BIG!. Bigotry and discrimaintion is getting its ass kicked all over this country.
    Id say at the longest equal rights will be national 2017 maybe even sooner with all these how level cases in the works. At this point I wouldn't be "surprised" it it happened in 19 months)

    I notice that you did away with your signature. Glad I had a part in showing everyone just how inconsistent you were with that whole "equality human rights? nonsense you were spitting out.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •