Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #871
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, I won't drop it.
    FFS, this is so pathetic, you claimed I never told you to drop it, yet it is VERY obvious I did multiple times.......and now you say YOU won't drop it. Gawd, the only times people carry on like you do is when they just refuse to accept that they are not fooling anyone. Drop it, for gawds sake.
    You made a claim I was trying to insult you, and that I've been insulting you & others in this thread, and when I pressed you to back it up, you can't.
    Again, your use of the accusation of homosexuality isn't new or unique, it is done by folks like you that cannot help but contradict themselves and think they are fooling someone. No one believes you.....or haven't you noticed?

    Find a single post from me on this board - ever - where I made a disparaging comment about gay people. You would have to find one to back up your claim that I think calling someone "gay" would be an insult. Just one. I'll wait. If you can't, you have no choice but to admit you were wrong. Which you were.
    Again, you are not fooling me, what you did is nothing new. You failed.

    Unless again you think it's an insult to be called "gay"?
    It is all about how it is used, and you used it as an insult.

    Drop it, you failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #872
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Yes I do believe it, unless you think that 70% of the black community that voted for Obama in CA is collectively ignorant and can only make decisions because they are led to them by messages of hate?

    I don't and won't ever think that people are collectively ignorant. What works for me doesn't always work for others.
    People are not collectively ignorant but this person uses the comparative example of 70% of blacks voting for Obama...How odd.

    Blacks are not even germain to the SSM discussion. Why would 70% voting for obama even be on anyone's mind. Very telling.


  3. #873
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    People are not collectively ignorant but this person uses the comparative example of 70% of blacks voting for Obama...How odd.

    Blacks are not even germain to the SSM discussion. Why would 70% voting for obama even be on anyone's mind. Very telling.
    This person? Do you mean me?

    Blacks voting for Obama and against SSM at the same time based on the assumption that they are ignorant and/or easily led by propoganda, which is what other posters have claimed, is part of the discussion.

  4. #874
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS, this is so pathetic, you claimed I never told you to drop it, yet it is VERY obvious I did multiple times.......and now you say YOU won't drop it. Gawd, the only times people carry on like you do is when they just refuse to accept that they are not fooling anyone. Drop it, for gawds sake.Again, your use of the accusation of homosexuality isn't new or unique, it is done by folks like you that cannot help but contradict themselves and think they are fooling someone. No one believes you.....or haven't you noticed?

    Again, you are not fooling me, what you did is nothing new. You failed.

    It is all about how it is used, and you used it as an insult.

    Drop it, you failed.
    Since the last word is so important to you because you know you were busted on believing it's an insult to be called "gay", I'll let you have it. My point was made. You think it's an insult. Your posts are right here for anyone to see.

    No evidence that I insulted anyone. No evidence that I am offended by gay people. No evidence that my assumption that you are gay would be an insult.

    I didn't fail...sorry. You did. Deal with it, son.

    Go on ranting because it's meaningful to you. Have a great weekend!

  5. #875
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,838

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Yes I do believe it, unless you think that 70% of the black community that voted for Obama in CA is collectively ignorant and can only make decisions because they are led to them by messages of hate?

    I don't and won't ever think that people are collectively ignorant. What works for me doesn't always work for others.
    Why wouldnt I think that 70% of black people were smart enough to see he was the best candidate?

    I do think the majority of Americans are lazy and ignorant tho, esp. when it comes to politics. I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, I'm only a 7-8 on that scale myself (with 10 being the most informed). It depends on the type of issue, social, economic, public policy, environmental, equal rights, etc.

    Here on the forums it certainly seems people are more than happy to vote their own best interests rather than for the greater good of their community or country. I have many times voted against my own personal choices because I could see what was better overall OR what was Constitutional.

    The objections to the SSM issue is one where clearly people choose to put their own selfish beliefs above the Constitution.
    Last edited by Lursa; 05-25-14 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #876
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Why wouldnt I think that 70% of black people were smart enough to see he was the best candidate?

    I do think the majority of Americans are lazy and ignorant tho, esp. when it comes to politics. I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, I'm only a 7-8 on that scale myself (with 10 being the most informed). It depends on the type of issue, social, economic, public policy, environmental, equal rights, etc.
    Exactly. Nor do I. I assume they knew something about all of the options they were voting on.

    I try to read up on all the options when I go into the voting booth, even on the smallest level (town bonds and the like) but I never really know or fully understand the goods and bads of the outcomes. I would consider myself the same as you, probably a 7 to 8 on the scale. And then there are some issues that no amount of research will help me with because I just don't understand the issue at hand.

  7. #877
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And then there are some issues that no amount of research will help me with because I just don't understand the issue at hand.
    I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #878
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Exactly. Nor do I. I assume they knew something about all of the options they were voting on.

    I try to read up on all the options when I go into the voting booth, even on the smallest level (town bonds and the like) but I never really know or fully understand the goods and bads of the outcomes. I would consider myself the same as you, probably a 7 to 8 on the scale. And then there are some issues that no amount of research will help me with because I just don't understand the issue at hand.
    That's because there's nothing to understand. There's no amount of research that would lead one to conclude that gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry.

  9. #879
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Why the hell are people talking about California's SSM shenanigans in a thread about Pennsylvania's SSM shenanigans?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #880
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Yea right .

    " Christians come to your door " huh ?

    Yea right.

    How about you just do what everyone else does when this happens ?

    Dont answer your door.

    But lets say Christians really did come to your door and talk to you about the Gospels. ( Which they havn't)

    Do they go to great lengths to expose your identity publicly when you disagreed ?

    Did they purposely try to do you harm when you wouldn't bend to their agenda ?
    Cause you to lose your job ?

    Publicly try to humiliate you ?

    Because thats what the LGBT activist did and would do in a micro second if you disagree with their agenda.

    So spare me your manufactured outrage over Christianity's "activist".
    rofl they absolutely do this, even in rural area. Not too often, like once a year or so, but i certainly never saw a gay-straight alliance member show up to recruit, which i'm sure you would bitch endlessly about if this happened to you.

    You're so full of it about "LGBT activist". I'm sure you'd consider me to fall in that category yet all i do when running into these types is nod politely till they shut the **** up and leave. I couldn't be bothered with trying to stalk demented thumpers and get them fired even if i was so inclined. I didn't accuse them of being rude asses who crave confrontation either, only that they're "annoying" and (in this post) "demented" and refuted your claim that christian activists don't exist.

    Anyone can see that they do. What do you call that whole missionary crap where they go to 3rd world country and lie like hell about LGBT? How do you think most of Ghana and Uganda is christian and wants to murder gays? Oh yeah christian activism doesn't exist *at all*

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •