Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #861
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Sure there's a difference. Negative ads are shown all of the time. Most people are smart enough to ignore them as propoganda.

    If these people were astute enough to go to the polls and case votes, they probably knew enough about the subject to cast votes based on what worked for them.
    What? Do you seriously believe what I bolded? Nah....really?

    As for believing the propaganda, I do not believe that everyone that is against SSM does so for religious reasons. Alot of people are just ignorant. They think they know a gay person 'when they see them' They believe that they dont have or want families, that they are perverts and pedophiles, cant reproduce naturally, and are all flamboyant. There is alot of ignorance out there and then religious organizations with names like 'Save the American Family' can prey on that ignorance....and that is how the propaganda does work. Sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #862
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    That's a fallacy perpetuated by a small group of very hypocritical LGBT activist.

    They and you apparently, are ignoring the obvious physiological and psychological differences between men and women and why those differences compliment each other to define a "Marriage"

    Christians, like other religions believe in a distinct definition of marriage not just because it challenges their Faith but also because it challenges Natural law.

    You might be shocked to learn how many NON-Christians believe Marriage as defined by a Man and a Women.

    Besides, Christians aren't the Activist types people like you make them out to be. For the most part they will tell you all about the Gospels and then let you decide for yourself whether or not you want to accept God's grace.

    The Religious push back towards Gay Marriage only exist in your head.

    And 55% of Americans, religious and non, now believe marriage is also defined as between two people of the same gender.

    See? Lots of different people view it, define it, in lots of different ways. And their own relationships reflect it....their marriages vary greatly as well...even to being 'open' or for money or for benefits. There are no 'criteria' for marriage except age (which also varies!), familial connections (also vary!), and possibly a few medical qualifications.

    Society changes, traditions change, definitions change. Is society the same as it was 100 yrs ago? No? Then why would you expect its institutions to be the same? A rational person sees that institutions and laws adapt to society's needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #863
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,249

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What? Do you seriously believe what I bolded? Nah....really?

    As for believing the propaganda, I do not believe that everyone that is against SSM does so for religious reasons. Alot of people are just ignorant. They think they know a gay person 'when they see them' They believe that they dont have or want families, that they are perverts and pedophiles, cant reproduce naturally, and are all flamboyant. There is alot of ignorance out there and then religious organizations with names like 'Save the American Family' can prey on that ignorance....and that is how the propaganda does work. Sadly.
    Yes I do believe it, unless you think that 70% of the black community that voted for Obama in CA is collectively ignorant and can only make decisions because they are led to them by messages of hate?

    I don't and won't ever think that people are collectively ignorant. What works for me doesn't always work for others.

  4. #864
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,249

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL...I'm going on? FFS...you just brought back!

    I kept telling the horse to drop it.....and I moved on.....but here you are, quoting me, talking about something you supposedly don't "give a rip about", notifying me and asking me about it.

    FFS, how frigging dumb!
    You never told me to drop it, as evidenced by your incessant posts on the matter.

    You can't produce a single insult I lobbed at anyone in this thread, and you also can't produce a single post from me which would give credibility to your claim that I assumed you were gay as an insult to you.

    I assumed you were gay, said as much, and you told me that was an insult. Your words. Own them, deal with them, and move on.

  5. #865
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Yes I do believe it, unless you think that 70% of the black community that voted for Obama in CA is collectively ignorant and can only make decisions because they are led to them by messages of hate?

    I don't and won't ever think that people are collectively ignorant. What works for me doesn't always work for others.
    Everyone is a populist until it is their civil rights up for a vote by the majority. There is a reason the founding fathers wanted the government of this country to be a Constitutional Republic and not a straight up democracy. They knew just how easily swayed a majority could be by lies, misinformation, and propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  6. #866
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Yes I do believe it, unless you think that 70% of the black community that voted for Obama in CA is collectively ignorant and can only make decisions because they are led to them by messages of hate?

    I don't and won't ever think that people are collectively ignorant. What works for me doesn't always work for others.

    I don't know if 70% of the black community voted for Obama, but a precinct level examination showed African American's comprised 7% of the vote in California and vote 59% in favor of Prop 8.

    http://www.thetaskforce.org/download...op8_1_6_09.pdf


    >>>>

  7. #867
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,325

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Oh really they aren't activist, is that why they come to my ****ing door with pamphlets "join us to commemorate the savior's resurrection", sit down next to me while i'm eating privately to try and recruit, and rave like lunatics on the library steps and outside football stadiums about who's going to hell? For all the crying about gay pride parade which is like once a year at some cities and easily avoided if you aren't interested, christians are truly the most annoying activists ever. Yeah, even more than feminists.

    As for it existing in my head, all the polls reflect that. Christians are and always have been (at least since it's been an issue) more likely to oppose SSM period.

    If those diffs between men and women you cite are so obviously complimentary, why is the divorce rate like over 50%? Why is hetero marriage constantly referred to as a "chaining of two people" and i hear things like "gays deserve to marry and be as miserable as the rest of us"? Stop pretending that hetero marriage didn't have its chance and failed
    Yea right .

    " Christians come to your door " huh ?

    Yea right.

    How about you just do what everyone else does when this happens ?

    Dont answer your door.

    But lets say Christians really did come to your door and talk to you about the Gospels. ( Which they havn't)

    Do they go to great lengths to expose your identity publicly when you disagreed ?

    Did they purposely try to do you harm when you wouldn't bend to their agenda ?
    Cause you to lose your job ?

    Publicly try to humiliate you ?

    Because thats what the LGBT activist did and would do in a micro second if you disagree with their agenda.

    So spare me your manufactured outrage over Christianity's "activist".

  8. #868
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,249

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    I don't know if 70% of the black community voted for Obama, but a precinct level examination showed African American's comprised 7% of the vote in California and vote 59% in favor of Prop 8.

    http://www.thetaskforce.org/download...op8_1_6_09.pdf


    >>>>
    70% of the black community that voted for Obama. Right from my post:

    70% of the black community that voted for Obama in CA

    Did they also vote for Obama because of messages of fear that the Democrats put out there?

  9. #869
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You never told me to drop it, as evidenced by your incessant posts on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is time to end the personal crap and get back to the op.....check yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You can give it a rest now, the damage is done and you are jut going to get in trouble if you continue on withe the person crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post

    You keep leaving out the fact that I said you attempted to insult me with an old sophomoric, High School ploy to try and get a rise.....it failed, backfired......and you are in damage control and you can't let it go.

    Just stop, you have done enough damage.....let it go.
    You can't produce a single insult I lobbed at anyone in this thread, and you also can't produce a single post from me which would give credibility to your claim that I assumed you were gay as an insult to you.
    As I keep telling you, and it just cannot get through to you, you attempted to insult by using the accusation of homosexuality when you used it as an attempt to get a rise. You still have not gotten a rise out of me, because it doesn't work.....and you would think that by now you would have gotten the message, but you just keep on trying to repair the damage by bringing up your error over and over again.

    Drop it....for gawds sake.

    I assumed you were gay, said as much, and you told me that was an insult. Your words. Own them, deal with them, and move on.
    I have no idea who you think you are fooling, but it isn't me.

    Take you own advice, give it a rest already.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #870
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,249

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    As I keep telling you, and it just cannot get through to you, you attempted to insult by using the accusation of homosexuality when you used it as an attempt to get a rise. You still have not gotten a rise out of me, because it doesn't work.....and you would think that by now you would have gotten the message, but you just keep on trying to repair the damage by bringing up your error over and over again.

    Drop it....for gawds sake.

    I have no idea who you think you are fooling, but it isn't me.

    Take you own advice, give it a rest already.
    No, I won't drop it. You made a claim I was trying to insult you, and that I've been insulting you & others in this thread, and when I pressed you to back it up, you can't.

    Find a single post from me on this board - ever - where I made a disparaging comment about gay people. You would have to find one to back up your claim that I think calling someone "gay" would be an insult. Just one. I'll wait. If you can't, you have no choice but to admit you were wrong. Which you were.

    Unless again you think it's an insult to be called "gay"?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •