Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #831
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,068

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, I said folks like you taht are desperate to score points, to insult, use the accusation of homosexuality as a slur, an insult.I know where they are, and I know what you are trying to do, and yours have backfired on you.

    Of course you say this, but it is not true.

    You can give it a rest now, the damage is done and you are jut going to get in trouble if you continue on withe the person crap.
    I never insulted anyone in this thread, including you. I would appreciate you pointing to one post in this thread where I lobbed a personal insult at anyone.

    I assumed you were gay, and said so. You immediately got insulted and told me I insulted you. The posts are right here.

  2. #832
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Sure there's a difference. Negative ads are shown all of the time. Most people are smart enough to ignore them as propoganda.
    Then I suppose the onus is upon you to show it was in fact ignored.

    If these people were astute enough to go to the polls and case votes, they probably knew enough about the subject to cast votes based on what worked for them. The data I've seen said they voted for Prop 8 because of their time spent in church. Some were older and hold the very common view that marriage is between a man and a woman, because that's all there ever was in their lifetimes.
    But that is not showing that the ads were not effective, and further the ads reinforce existing biases.
    Blaming it on the ads run is simply a copout and not acknowledging the truth.
    The ads, as I said, reinforce existing prejudice, otherwise known as dog whistles.

    Last poll I saw said 55% of Americans are in favor of SSM. That isn't a spectacularly high number of people.
    that is only a shift of 8% from the prop 8 vote....negative ads can shift that amount.
    Do 45% of the people still oppose it because of any particular ads running today, and if so, where are these ads being run?
    In many Christian churches, it is called a Sermon using scripture. It is the oldest form of propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #833
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I never insulted anyone in this thread, including you. I would appreciate you pointing to one post in this thread where I lobbed a personal insult at anyone.
    In the post where you called me a homosexual, it was an attempt to insult, it failed.

    I assumed you were gay, and said so. You immediately got insulted and told me I insulted you. The posts are right here.
    You keep leaving out the fact that I said you attempted to insult me with an old sophomoric, High School ploy to try and get a rise.....it failed, backfired......and you are in damage control and you can't let it go.

    Just stop, you have done enough damage.....let it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #834
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-11-17 @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    127

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Then I suppose the onus is upon you to show it was in fact ignored.

    But that is not showing that the ads were not effective, and further the ads reinforce existing biases.
    The ads, as I said, reinforce existing prejudice, otherwise known as dog whistles.

    that is only a shift of 8% from the prop 8 vote....negative ads can shift that amount.In many Christian churches, it is called a Sermon using scripture. It is the oldest form of propaganda.
    So you're saying that Christians should view the bible as nothing more than "propaganda" if it is in opposition to any political or social view and/or agenda?

    Whether you agree with SMM or not really isn't the issue though. The issue is, appointed liberal judges are circumventing the constitution and abusing their power....but that's nothing new starting with this administration and most of its cronies.

    What's next, will they define what hate speech is?
    Last edited by hammer2; 05-24-14 at 01:02 PM.

  5. #835
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer2 View Post
    So you're saying that Christians should view the bible as nothing more than "propaganda" if it is in opposition to any political or social view and/or agenda?
    It is up to each person to decide for themselves, but lets start with a common understanding of terms:

    Propaganda is a form of communication aimed towards influencing the attitude of a population toward some cause or position.

    Propaganda is information that is not impartial and used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or using loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. Propaganda can be used as a form of ideological or commercial warfare.


    The basis of the proponents arguments for Prop 8 was Biblical. I'm not going to get in to absolutes about "any" poli-sci subject. The context is Prop 8 and the Bible based biases involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #836
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,232

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is up to each person to decide for themselves, but lets start with a common understanding of terms:

    Propaganda is a form of communication aimed towards influencing the attitude of a population toward some cause or position.

    Propaganda is information that is not impartial and used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or using loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. Propaganda can be used as a form of ideological or commercial warfare.


    The basis of the proponents arguments for Prop 8 was Biblical. I'm not going to get in to absolutes about "any" poli-sci subject. The context is Prop 8 and the Bible based biases involved.
    But Marriage isn't Biblical. Marriage as defined as being between a man and a Woman is not even Biblical.

    Its a Human institution that transcends culture, religion, race and Nationality.

    Only in the context of ceremony could marriage be related to as a Religious Union. And not all Weddings are religious.

    Plus, believe it or not there are aethist who consider same sex marriage unnatural.

    Ironically the religious aspect of this debate is perpetuated more by the Pro Gay Marriage crowd than the anti gay marriage side.

  7. #837
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,779

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Ironically the religious aspect of this debate is perpetuated more by the Pro Gay Marriage sode than the anti gay marriage side.
    LMAO Please stop with nonsense like this that is factually untrue
    Religion would NEVER come up if people against equal rights didnt bring it, there be no reason to mention it because religion is meaningless to equal rights/legal marriage
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #838
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    But Marriage isn't Biblical. Marriage as defined as being between a man and a Woman is not even Biblical.

    Its a Human institution that transcends culture, religion, race and Nationality.

    Only in the context of ceremony could marriage be related to as a Religious Union. And not all Weddings are religious.

    Plus, believe it or not there are aethist who consider same sex marriage unnatural.

    Ironically the religious aspect of this debate is perpetuated more by the Pro Gay Marriage crowd than the anti gay marriage side.
    Wow....what a stupid comment, beside the fact that what is currently under discussion is the amount of homophobic propaganda in the Bible.

    This is why I ignore you for the most part, your comments ignore context and are simply springboards for you to blurt out whatever you feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #839
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer2 View Post

    Whether you agree with SMM or not really isn't the issue though. The issue is, appointed liberal judges are circumventing the constitution and abusing their power....but that's nothing new starting with this administration and most of its cronies.
    The finding by Judge Walker can be challenged at any time, the fact that it was reviewed by the 9th circuit and the SC without fault I guess means nothing.

    If your side wishes to challenge....go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #840
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,522

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    In the post where you called me a homosexual, it was an attempt to insult, it failed.
    If it failed, why do you go on and on about it? Who gives a rip?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •