Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #801
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Sure do been here the majority of my life go family spread out though. RL?
    RL = Real Life.

    As opposed to "on the internets".


    Edit: Although to be fair, the line between the two is blurry these days.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #802
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You DO realize that there is no reference to keeping the Church and State seperate in our Constitution, right ?
    You DO realize Jefferson repeatedly clarified it meant to say that right? Kind of like all those priests who love to clarify what leviticus *really* meant to say (except Jefferson actually was there at the Constitution's creation)

  3. #803
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    RL = Real Life.

    As opposed to "on the internets".


    Edit: Although to be fair, the line between the two is blurry these days.
    ahhhh gotcha lol
    so are you from the east, middle or west then?

    and yes i agree the line is blurry these days with social media and even text.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #804
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    You DO realize Jefferson repeatedly clarified it meant to say that right? Kind of like all those priests who love to clarify what leviticus *really* meant to say (except Jefferson actually was there at the Constitution's creation)

    Actually Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence. If I remember my history correctly he was in Europe, France I think, during the Constitutional Convention.



    >>>>

  5. #805
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    ahhhh gotcha lol
    so are you from the east, middle or west then?

    and yes i agree the line is blurry these days with social media and even text.
    I live about 25 mins from Harrisburg, so...central PA?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #806
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I live about 25 mins from Harrisburg, so...central PA?
    Nah id call that east still IMO because of its population

    Ive been to Harrisburg, Philly of course, wilkes Barre and lewisburgh which is kinda central but ive been there for bucknell university
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #807
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Nah id call that east still IMO because of its population

    Ive been to Harrisburg, Philly of course, wilkes Barre and lewisburgh which is kinda central but ive been there for bucknell university
    I've often heard my area referred to as central PA...I live ~25 mins west of Harrisburg, though...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #808
    User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The Ninth Circus Court's ruling was a very narrow one as it asserted that the voter-approved statewide initiative cannot limit the name "marriage" to heterosexual couples. Rather bazaar as those in support of Prop 8 defined marriage between a man and a woman overwhelmingly in regard to their moral conscience. But it isn't surprising that the Ninth Circus Court would rule in such a way because it is primarily made up of 68% Democrat appointed justices. And it isn't surprising to the rest of us to find in the news today that the overwhelming majority of the recent justices overturning state's bans on same sex marriage are also Democrat appointed justices. Justice my foot. It's an abuse of power.
    Majority of judges behind wave of gay marriage rulings were Democrat-appointed | Fox News
    That's not accurate. Federal Judges who have overturned ssm bans have been appointed by every President since Regan, including both Bushes. IN FACT the original judge Vaughn Walker who overturned Prop 8 in Cali was appointed first by Ronald Regan but didn't get confirmed in time before Regan left the White House and he was reappointed by George H.W. Bush in the first year of his term.

  9. #809
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I've often heard my area referred to as central PA...I live ~25 mins west of Harrisburg, though...
    Geography is not the strong suit of east coast types. After mentioning I was born in Minnesota, one New Yorker asked me what it was like growing up in the south.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #810
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The Ninth Circus Court's ruling was a very narrow one as it asserted that the voter-approved statewide initiative cannot limit the name "marriage" to heterosexual couples. Rather bazaar as those in support of Prop 8 defined marriage between a man and a woman overwhelmingly in regard to their moral conscience. But it isn't surprising that the Ninth Circus Court would rule in such a way because it is primarily made up of 68% Democrat appointed justices. And it isn't surprising to the rest of us to find in the news today that the overwhelming majority of the recent justices overturning state's bans on same sex marriage are also Democrat appointed justices. Justice my foot. It's an abuse of power.
    Majority of judges behind wave of gay marriage rulings were Democrat-appointed | Fox News
    What percentage in your mind constitutes an "overwhelming majority"? I wanna hear it before I tell you what percentage of these judges are Democrat appointments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •