Page 8 of 89 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #71
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,398

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I think the correct phrase is the logical fallacy "argumentum ad populum"
    yep the failed and mentally inept argument of peoples votes on this issue has always been and will continue to be a failed strawman that people just laugh at and nobody honest and educated takes seriously
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #72
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,398

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    When a judge can legislate from the bench against the will of the people, the Constitution has been trashed regardless.
    will of the people is meaningless when it violates the constitution
    sorry the fed protecting equal rights bothers you lol
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  3. #73
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The 14th Amendment was made long before the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Try again.
    That's nice, but when the 14th was written as a reconstruction amendment (1868) until Brown V the Board of Education (1954) the SCOTUS did not recognize segregation of the races as unconstitutional. Try again.

  4. #74
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So you have no proof that he should have recused himself, you just think that he should because he's gay. No other reason.
    You're arguing with the wrong poster. Read back to see.

  5. #75
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,398

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Is amusing that you think the constitution grants you the right to vote against someone else's freedom.
    so amusing that nobody buys it.
    Nobody can honestly believe somethign so stupid and mean it.
    Its just s dishonest hyperbole argument in a desperate attempt to rally people against equal rights.

    It fails like it always does.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  6. #76
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,398

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    When a judge can legislate from the bench against the will of the people, the Constitution has been trashed regardless.
    also why did you dodge the question. WHy should the judge have recused himself
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  7. #77
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,300

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    It's funny how changes in popular opinion change the interpretation of the Constitution, these kinds of rulings wouldn't have happened 10+ years ago when the definitions of marriage were put in place by voters who typically overwhelmingly supported traditional marriage.

    Whatever though, more power to the gays and let them be happy.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #78
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    well then you assume we can vote against our Constitutional rights? Then I see you don't understand how the law works.
    None of those things run afoul of the US Constitution. Unless you're deluded enough to think the US Constitution protects smoking in your car.

  9. #79
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    46,680

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Sure, wouldn't live there myself though.
    My husband & I left NJ when the laws there became too insufferable for us. I respect the rights of people to vote for a nanny state, but I don't have to live in one. God bless America, where we are free to choose from among 50 states and can find one that suits us.

  10. #80
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,874

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    Good thing that is not what is happening. The judge was doing his job.
    Doing the will of a despot.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

Page 8 of 89 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •