Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #731
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This again shows your two faced, contradictory argument, one face says " I support SSM", the other says "We don't know what is right".....completely ignoring that at some point YOU did decide for yourself which is right.

    Judge Walker came to his decision by solid fact finding, it has not been faulted, nor will it. To question it is to not understand it......and to question it while saying you support SSM.....is VERY strange indeed.
    I support SSM and you're having hysterics about it. Okay. For some reason my opinions are extremely important to you. Am I that interesting?

  2. #732
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Why should bigots have the right to vote is the better question
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    70% of those bigots in California who voted in favor of Prop 8 in 2008 voted for Barack Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Is that an argument for them having the right to vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't think having a right to vote was being argued. At least I'm not arguing about people's right to vote.
    It was Chromium who originally brought up the right to vote.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #733
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm not the poster who brought up the banning of prayer. If you think it has no play in this discussion, you need to tell that to the poster.
    I'm arguing with the poster who made a false comparison between prayer and civil law, you cannot see how it was false and instead argue about who brought up the subject first. The argument is not who brought up the concept first but to what it is being compared to.

    Yes, I have my opinions. I'm not an expert on the Constitution. I don't care who marries whom. Sorry if that bothers you. I don't pretend to be a Constitutional expert, not even on message boards. I'll leave that to the rest of you.
    I am not questioning your Constitutional expertise, I am questioning your support in light of your oppositional argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #734
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't assume what's going on in people's minds when they walk in to cast a vote on issues. I can't. There's no way to prove what I think.

    Most of those in CA who voted for Prop 8 were religious people, so I suspect that it was based on their religious beliefs and not an intent to be mean to their fellow citizens. JMO.

    See that's what I don't care about. "What was in their minds."

    We are talking about Civil Marriage and not Religious Marriage which are two completely different things. Civil Marriage of course being that which exists as a function of government and Religious Marriage that which exists as a function of the individual religious organization.

    As I said, not being rude to you sir, I could care less what there beliefs were - my disagreement is with their actions to have the government discriminate against law abiding, tax paying, consenting, adult citizens for no compelling government interest.



    >>>>

  5. #735
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It was Chromium who originally brought up the right to vote.
    Okay, yes he did. I'm not sure what he was arguing. I know that every citizen has the right to vote. I don't believe there is a caveat to that right that says "if we think you're worthy of this privilege". I would never advocate the idea of limiing a citizen's right to vote because I don't like that person. Would you?

  6. #736
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    See that's what I don't care about. "What was in their minds."

    We are talking about Civil Marriage and not Religious Marriage which are two completely different things. Civil Marriage of course being that which exists as a function of government and Religious Marriage that which exists as a function of the individual religious organization.

    As I said, not being rude to you sir, I could care less what there beliefs were - my disagreement is with their actions to have the government discriminate against law abiding, tax paying, consenting, adult citizens for no compelling government interest.



    >>>>
    I'm not a sir, as evidenced by that little pink thing in my user panel.

    I also disagree with their vote, but it wouldn't be the first time I've disagreed with what people vote on. Happens every election cycle.

  7. #737
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I support SSM and you're having hysterics about it. Okay. For some reason my opinions are extremely important to you. Am I that interesting?
    I hardly think noting your repeating of oppositioal argument while reading that you supposedly support SMM is "hysterical", on the contrary, I think your two faced arguments are.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #738
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm arguing with the poster who made a false comparison between prayer and civil law, you cannot see how it was false and instead argue about who brought up the subject first. The argument is not who brought up the concept first but to what it is being compared to.

    I am not questioning your Constitutional expertise, I am questioning your support in light of your oppositional argument.
    Then he shouldn't have brought prayer into the discussion, but since he did, I addressed it in my response.

    What do I oppose? SSM? Nope. So what difference does it make that I support it or more importantly, why I support it? Now you're arguing for SSM with someone who also thinks it's acceptable. You're arguing with yourself if that's what you're looking to do. If I say "Smoking marijuana should be legal" and someone says to me "I think it should be legal because I don't care if people smoke marijuana", why would I waste my fingers launching into a diatribe on why it's acceptable to smoke pot to that person? He/she wouldn't need to be convinced that my reasons are the right ones. That person agrees with my opinion of the overarching issue.

  9. #739
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Why should bigots have the right to vote is the better question
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    70% of those bigots in California who voted in favor of Prop 8 in 2008 voted for Barack Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Is that an argument for them having the right to vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Okay, yes he did. I'm not sure what he was arguing. I know that every citizen has the right to vote. I don't believe there is a caveat to that right that says "if we think you're worthy of this privilege". I would never advocate the idea of limiing a citizen's right to vote because I don't like that person. Would you?
    No.
    What I wold do is make jokes about people having voted for Obama.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #740
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I hardly think noting your repeating of oppositioal argument while reading that you supposedly support SMM is "hysterical", on the contrary, I think your two faced arguments are.
    Why do you find me so fascinating?

    And why do you care, honestly, why I support SSM?

    Two faced means you say one thing and do another behind someone's back. If I say I support SSM to people who want to marry a gay partner, and come on here to say they same thing, that isn't two faced. Sorry.

Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •