Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #651
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,186

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I posted it on the forum if you'd like to respond.
    I read it but have to admit I don't fully understand it. But that may come from me not knowing what the differences between marriage & civil unions are in the UK.

  2. #652
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    So what.

    Now how many push back? How many bothered to go to the polls and cast their vote against allowing SSM in their state?
    All four votes went to the marriage equality side in 2012.
    I'm talking about the voting public, not the courts.

    Those were the voting public during General Elections in 2012, in each case Same-sex Civil Marriage won in the voting booth.


    >>>>

  3. #653
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I knew that but for the second time a post of yours made me laugh out loud. I think you have a funny spell checker or something.
    you're welcome
    so now you can answer the question
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #654
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,869

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    It mentions 'husband and wife' or 'man and woman' more then a few times but, never man and man or woman and woman.

    Catch the drift.
    But NOTHING it attributes to them is anything that cannot be attributed to a same sex couple, which was my point.

    It's exactly the same for them, but you used the whole 'one flesh' thing in a previous post to demonstrate how straight relationships were 'different.'

    According to this, they are not. Back to the drawing board big guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #655
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,183

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    But NOTHING it attributes to them is anything that cannot be attributed to a same sex couple, which was my point.

    It's exactly the same for them, but you used the whole 'one flesh' thing in a previous post to demonstrate how straight relationships were 'different.'

    According to this, they are not. Back to the drawing board big guy!
    They are different because, in the same book, they considered sinful
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #656
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,869

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    They are different because, in the same book, they considered sinful
    We already know you said the Bible claims it's a sin. But you used it to support this argument:

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH
    Bottom line is marriage is a solemn promise before God between one man and one woman so, nothing was denied. And nothing was 'allowed'. It's not for the state to have a say in the matter

    "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

    Two men or two women can not be "one flesh" no matter how politically correct you or anyone else thinks it can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    A man and a woman cannot be 'one flesh' either. C'mon.

    Or explain that one for me.
    You did not explain it and the link you gave me didnt either. The same applies to gays. So this is another argument that does not work...just made up because it seems people will say anything to deny gays have the same feelings about love and marriage.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    Thanks. Please point out anything in this passage that cant be applied to a gay couple as well?

    "The term “one flesh” means that just as our bodies are one whole entity and cannot be divided into pieces and still be a whole, so God intended it to be with the marriage relationship. There are no longer two entities (two individuals), but now there is one entity (a married couple). There are a number of aspects to this new union.

    As far as emotional attachments are concerned, the new unit takes precedence over all previous and future relationships (Genesis 2:24). Some marriage partners continue to place greater weight upon ties with parents than with the new partner. This is a recipe for disaster in the marriage and is a perversion of God’s original intention of “leaving and cleaving.” A similar problem can develop when a spouse begins to draw closer to a child to meet emotional needs rather than to his or her partner.

    Emotionally, spiritually, intellectually, financially, and in every other way, the couple is to become one."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #657
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,869

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    For future reference (as repeated on numerous occasions) I reject any comparison of Gay unions and interracial marriage. IMO they're simply not the same in the eyes of God.

    There is no Biblical sin in interracial marriage.
    It doesnt matter to you because you reject SSM on any and all grounds.

    However on planet Earth, this affects real people's lives and they deserve equal protection under the law in the US, the country we are discussing. A country where laws are not based on religious beliefs but on equality and personal liberty.

    And the injustices affecting interracial couples that were refused marriage are the same injustices affecting gay couples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #658
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    For future reference (as repeated on numerous occasions) I reject any comparison of Gay unions and interracial marriage. IMO they're simply not the same in the eyes of God.

    There is no Biblical sin in interracial marriage.
    It doesn't matter what you "reject". And in reality, I am comparing the feelings of others against interracial marriage to your feelings of being against same sex marriage. Those feelings or beliefs are what are being compared here, not the marriages themselves.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #659
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,183

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    We already know you said the Bible claims it's a sin. But you used it to support this argument:





    You did not explain it and the link you gave me didnt either. The same applies to gays. So this is another argument that does not work...just made up because it seems people will say anything to deny gays have the same feelings about love and marriage.

    Interesting you used the term 'WE'

    Is this some sort of group effort or are you delusional?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #660
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,186

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you're welcome
    so now you can answer the question
    Which part of my post did you need calcified:

    You haven't violated their rights. Nor have they violated anyone else's rights.

    It isn't a contest. Each side is right. Each side is protected by the Constitution.


    Let me know.

Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •