Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #611
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Exactly what right of theirs have I violated?
    You haven't violated their rights. Nor have they violated anyone else's rights.

    It isn't a contest. Each side is right. Each side is protected by the Constitution.

  2. #612
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    When it comes to gay marriage, I believe it is the right of the people to decide by a vote whether they want it in their neck of the woods or not and that decision either way needs to be respected. I have a real problem with political appointed judges overturning the will of the majority of the people especially when they do not base their entire argument on constitutional law. Most recently the case in Oregon. The judge was gay himself and made his ruling based in part on his personal feelings. When the baker in Colorado was found violating accommodation laws the ruling of that judge was based on emotion in part for making the gay couple "feel bad" for not baking them a cake. This is ridiculous.
    Here is the ruling from the Judge in the Colorado case (Masterpiece Cakes) -->> https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f..._2013-0008.pdf

    Please point to the section where the ruling was based (even in part) on making the gay couple "feel bad" - since you used quotes, something which is indicative of being a direct repeat of words found in the decision could you point them out? I've read the decision and there is nothing based on the emotional state of the claimant nor do the words "feel bad" (or "feel" or "bad") appear in the decision.



    >>>>

  3. #613
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)But people are losing their jobs if they refuse to participate in things that violate their moral conscience especially small business owners that the state has made law.
    IF any of this is happening they are losing thier jobs for being morons and breaking the law not thier moral conscience.
    can you explain the MILLIONS of people that dont lose thier jobs because they arent morons and dont break the law?

    sorry you dont care about rights and freedoms but the majority in thsis country do and its what this country is based on.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #614
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You haven't violated their rights. Nor have they violated anyone else's rights.

    It isn't a contest. Each side is right. Each side is protected by the Constitution.
    clarification please who are you talking about here
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-22-14 at 12:09 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #615
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Here is the ruling from the Judge in the Colorado case (Masterpiece Cakes) -->> https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f..._2013-0008.pdf

    Please point to the section where the ruling was based (even in part) on making the gay couple "feel bad" - since you used quotes, something which is indicative of being a direct repeat of words found in the decision could you point them out? I've read the decision and there is nothing based on the emotional state of the claimant nor do the words "feel bad" (or "feel" or "bad") appear in the decision.



    >>>>
    Respondents have no free speech right to refuse because they were only asked to bake a cake, not make a speech,” wrote Spencer in his ruling against Phillips. “It is not the same as forcing a person to pledge allegiance to the government or to display a motto with which they disagree.” He added that “at first blush, it may seem reasonable that a private business should be able to refuse service to anyone it chooses. This view, however, fails to take into account the cost to society and the hurt caused to persons who are denied service simply because of who they are.”

    It mentions "hurt".

  6. #616
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    calcification please who are you talking about here
    Calcification?

  7. #617
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Here is the ruling from the Judge in the Colorado case (Masterpiece Cakes) -->> https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f..._2013-0008.pdf

    Please point to the section where the ruling was based (even in part) on making the gay couple "feel bad" - since you used quotes, something which is indicative of being a direct repeat of words found in the decision could you point them out? I've read the decision and there is nothing based on the emotional state of the claimant nor do the words "feel bad" (or "feel" or "bad") appear in the decision.



    >>>>
    Judge Spencer said in his written order, “At first blush, it may seem reasonable that a private business should be able to refuse service to anyone it chooses. This view, however, fails to take into account the cost to society and the hurt caused to persons who are denied service simply because of who they are.”

    In other words, it’s all about “feelings.” The “hurt feelings” of Craig and Mullins are more important than a privately-owned business’ freedom of choice as to whom the business would serve.

  8. #618
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Calcification?
    lol you know what i mean clarification
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #619
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Judge Spencer said in his written order, “At first blush, it may seem reasonable that a private business should be able to refuse service to anyone it chooses. This view, however, fails to take into account the cost to society and the hurt caused to persons who are denied service simply because of who they are.”

    In other words, it’s all about “feelings.” The “hurt feelings” of Craig and Mullins are more important than a privately-owned business’ freedom of choice as to whom the business would serve.
    correct they do NOT get to violate the rights of others

    basic common sense, your rights end where others begin
    just like gays could not deny me service solely because im a christian

    same rights for ALL OF US, not special rights just for me lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #620
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    correct they do NOT get to violate the rights of others

    basic common sense, your rights end where others begin
    just like gays could not deny me service solely because im a christian

    same rights for ALL OF US, not special rights just for me lol
    And the sad part of this is you don't even realize you have violated his rights.

Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •