Page 54 of 89 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #531
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    How does 2 Emperors marrying men (outside of the normal societal acceptance) make him "ignorant"? Emperor Caligula made his horse a Senator, but that doesn't mean that society accepted horses as having the same rights as humans. He made that decision as an Emperor.

    In which societies was SSM legal, commonplace, and accepted as the norm?
    Ming Dynasty and Zhou Dynasty China. Siwa Egypt, Ancient Greece, Medieval France, Two Spirit Native Americans, etc. I am not sure what qualifies as "commonplace" given that gays account for like 2-5% of any population. But there is more than enough historical record that same sex unions have been practiced throughout the world through human history and have even been officially sanctioned. You and Fenton do not actually care about true history and you would prefer to ignore it and spout nonsense because it contradicts the worldview you were taught to accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #532
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The hell they aren't! You are making people of faith ignore their moral conscience forcing them to perform services for same sex marriages which is something they find to be an abomination. Because if they don't they can go to jail, face financial ruin and lose their business. And yes if you can get away with that it isn't that far off with activist judges and a hatred on the left for people of faith whom you are already suppressing that you will soon be suppressing their places of worship forcing your discrimination BS on them too.
    once again there is no fore that's is there moronic choice for breaking the law, no onw made them break the law.
    Im a Christian I know how laws and rights work. If i opened up a business and choose to illegally break the law or infringe on others rights i would have to be a complete idiot to think i get treated special because of my religion. Why would i ever be stupid enough to think the laws/rules dont apply to me like they do everybody else lol Your strawman and hyperbole are complete failures.

    force
    activist judges
    hatred on the left for people for faith
    soon churches will be forced too

    all complete jokes
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #533
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I did not say you did not, I said I cannot find argument from you supporting the decision.

    More straw from the horse, I never said anything of the sort.....and this is just a cheap way of avoiding the debate.

    you claim to "support gay marriage"....but disagree with the basic arguments supporting it.

    How does that work? To me, it is a contradiction.
    Well, then, you must have missed my many posts on this issue. That's too bad.

    There is no debate here. We agree on SSM. I don't oppose same sex marriage because I don't oppose any kind of marriage between consenting adults. There, there's my opinion. Are you happy now? Are we finished? You've been begging for my opinion, even though everyone else reading my posts probably already knew my opinion. No charge for typing it special for you.

    You can move to PA and marry your partner now if you want to. I for one think it's great if it's that important to commit to someone you love with a certificate to solidify the union. Problem solved!

    Can I move on now? I've made at least a dozen posts to you on....I have no idea what?

  4. #534
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    It's either add more laws or do away with accommodation laws altogether.
    more laws arent needed rights are already being protected
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #535
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,974

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I hate to disappoint you but there is support for such a thing. It is being discussed and may be coming to a town near you soon. Stay tuned
    Prove it. Show that there is significant support for it. Give me some actual proof to support your claims. Proof that there is a likely chance that this will gain momentum. I'm not seeing it. I'm hearing people talk about this from fringe groups, mainly from those who are against gays getting married and looking for an alternative, which is likely not support that will last.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #536
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, it doesn't contradict anything I stated. We learn and grow, develop. That is the main advantage we as humans have. We adapt using our brains, our intelligence. Learning what works best for us to survive. Marriage was one of those things we learned works, at least for now. It may not be necessary when we grow a little wiser.
    Do you honestly believe you're more developed than a "caveman" (this isn't a joke either)....

    Knowledge and attributes?

    Do you believe you developed the ****ing internet by yourself?

    This is why people who think they're smart watch Survivor.

  7. #537
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Ming Dynasty and Zhou Dynasty China. Siwa Egypt, Ancient Greece, Medieval France, Two Spirit Native Americans, etc. I am not sure what qualifies as "commonplace" given that gays account for like 2-5% of any population. But there is more than enough historical record that same sex unions have been practiced throughout the world through human history and have even been officially sanctioned. You and Fenton do not actually care about true history and you would prefer to ignore it and spout nonsense because it contradicts the worldview you were taught to accept.
    Well, too bad. I'm in favor of SSM,but you see boogeymen with every post. I respected your post until the lie about me at the end. Damn. Oh well.

    This is the kind of nonsense that makes me wonder just how open people will be to respect opposing views. It's obnoxious to attack for no reason.

  8. #538
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,974

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Yep see you keep making my point, you will force a person to conform and violate his moral conscience even if that means to the point of denying him a right to make a living. Disgusting
    I support laws that do not allow discrimination in business based on traits of individuals because I recognize that we are all dependent on others for resources due to our current society.

    I don't support forcing people to attend any event or perform a ceremony for anyone that they do not wish to. There is a difference between providing services that there is no real connection to besides exchanging money for that product or service and providing services that you must personally attend. However, I also think that if you sign a contract to perform a service for a couple, then try to back out for reasons of "moral conscience", then you should be held accountable for breaking that contract and that means being sued.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #539
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't oppose same sex marriage because I don't oppose any kind of marriage between consenting adults.
    I did not ask you the basis of a non-existent opposition, I asked what basis you have for supporting it, since you object to the bases already discussed.

    Again, you approve without saying how.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #540
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    It's either add more laws or do away with accommodation laws altogether.

    Ummmm - did you miss the part were I said instead of adding more laws and granting "special rights", that they should be repealed?



    >>>>

Page 54 of 89 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •