Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #491
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Maybe, but dammit I'm sick and tired of people being forced to compromise their moral conscience just to make a living. It's friggin wrong on so many counts. One can only hope that more and more states will pass protection laws for them.
    good thing they arent being forced, they have to play by the same rules has ALL OF US, you want them to get special treatment, no thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #492
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Why would anyone want to get married in the eyes of the government anyways?

    Family, friends, church sure - but government?

    Makes no sense to me.

    What does a piece of paper mean?

    PROBLEMS! ha..
    The government grants the recognition of legal relationship. The personal marriage is done in whatever way the couple wishes. If they don't want to involve anyone else, they don't have to.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So, it should not be involved in civil contract?
    I suppose that's up to the individuals involved in such a transaction/agreement.

    In the eyes of the law that's all marriage is anyways...

  4. #494
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Since you're asking, you may want to read all my posts that I made in this thread on the subject to get the answer you seek.
    I just searched, your only mention Walker in conversation with me, no answer in those.....so again:

    Tell me, since you are "pro gay marriage", then you agree with Walker's decision?

    Is there any reason you put "pro gay marriage" in quotes, or do you just like the quote buttons on your keyboard?
    Yes, because on one hand you claim to support it, but then you object to the most basic points on which the CA decision rests (the civil rights aspect), further, you reject the other basic point that it is "not a civil right".....along with the hilarity that it is "just a piece of paper".

    I keep trying to find how....or why....you support it, but you keep giving reasons NOT supporting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #495
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm fine with that and I agree with that, however that doesn't change my opinion that government shouldn't be involved...

    IMO, government shouldn't be involved in marriage/unions.
    you are free to that opinion but its meaningless
    and luckily for YOU, unlike others, you are free to have a marriage with no government involved so you already have what you want.
    equal rights is winning so youll just have to move on but you are free to keep your opinions.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #496
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I suppose that's up to the individuals involved in such a transaction/agreement.
    exactly so then stop trying to deny them that choice and that right
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #497
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I just searched, your only mention Walker in conversation with me, no answer in those.....so again:

    Tell me, since you are "pro gay marriage", then you agree with Walker's decision?

    Yes, because on one hand you claim to support it, but then you object to the most basic points on which the CA decision rests (the civil rights aspect), further, you reject the other basic point that it is "not a civil right".....along with the hilarity that it is "just a piece of paper".

    I keep trying to find how....or why....you support it, but you keep giving reasons NOT supporting it.
    Sorry, I never said I didn't support it. I said the opposite. Read my posts in this thread again.

    You think a marriage certificate is the be all, end all of a happy union. I don't. We disagree. Isn't America grand?

  8. #498
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I suppose that's up to the individuals involved in such a transaction/agreement.
    Again, I'll ask: do you believe the state should be involved in civil contract, ie should the state protect the rights of individuals who create contract involving laws of the state?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The government grants the recognition of legal relationship. The personal marriage is done in whatever way the couple wishes. If they don't want to involve anyone else, they don't have to.
    Nope, that is absolutely wrong.

    The government doesn't grant me "legal relationship" when I want to date a woman. I don't have to ask the government first then sign a bunch of papers if I want to ask a lady out.

    Sure in Afghanistan it may cost a couple of goats and a flogging or two if the woman isn't conservative, but here in the US I'm not obligated to anything.

  10. #500
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you are free to that opinion but its meaningless
    and luckily for YOU, unlike others, you are free to have a marriage with no government involved so you already have what you want.
    equal rights is winning so youll just have to move on but you are free to keep your opinions.
    Tights for all!

Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •