Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #481
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The word "marriage" is highly subjective to the English language.

    Which is why you will see me attempt to always refer to it as "Civil Marriage", establishing of a family relationship between two consenting adults under the law.

    It prevents confusion for those that assume that "Religious Marriage" has anything to do with the law.



    >>>>

  2. #482
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If you feel the need to reduce your argument to the absurd, I'm cool with that.

    "Marriage is just a piece of paper"

    Go on with your bad self.
    Awesome! Are we done here now? It's boring.

  3. #483
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    I'm sorry Vesper, if you think "Civil Unions" are going to fix the issue of Public Accommodation laws - you are mistaken.

    Sweetcakes by Mellisa (Oregon) - There was no Civil Marriage at the time in Oregon, the baker ran afoul of Public Accommodation for failure to provide service to a homosexual couple even though their was no Civil Marraige in the State.

    Elane Photography (New Mexico) - There was no Civil Marriage at the time in New Mexico, the photographer ran afoul of Public Accommodation for failure to provide service to a homosexual couple even though their was no Civil Marraige in the State.

    Masterpiece Cakes (Colorado) - There was no Civil Marriage at the time in Colorado, the baker ran afoul of Public Accommodation for failure to provide service to a homosexual couple even though their was no Civil Marraige in the State.


    Even if the State offers "Civil Unions" individuals are still free to call their ceremony a wedding and, under the laws in such states, would be in violation of the law for not providing full and equal services.


    >>>>
    Maybe, but dammit I'm sick and tired of people being forced to compromise their moral conscience just to make a living. It's friggin wrong on so many counts. One can only hope that more and more states will pass protection laws for them.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Awesome! Are we done here now? It's boring.
    No, as usual you are VERY entertaining.

    Tell me, since you are "pro gay marriage", then you agree with Walker's decision?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #485
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Which is why you will see me attempt to always refer to it as "Civil Marriage", establishing of a family relationship between two consenting adults under the law.

    It prevents confusion for those that assume that "Religious Marriage" has anything to do with the law.



    >>>>
    I'm fine with that and I agree with that, however that doesn't change my opinion that government shouldn't be involved...

    IMO, government shouldn't be involved in marriage/unions.

  6. #486
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, as usual you are VERY entertaining.

    Tell me, since you are "pro gay marriage", then you agree with Walker's decision?
    Since you're asking, you may want to read all my posts that I made in this thread on the subject to get the answer you seek.

    Is there any reason you put "pro gay marriage" in quotes, or do you just like the quote buttons on your keyboard?

  7. #487
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post

    IMO, government shouldn't be involved in marriage.
    So, it should not be involved in civil contract?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #488
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    once again i LOVE the fear that equal rights brings out in SOME people. Its hilarious watching them come up with failed starwman after strawman when everybody honest and educated simply sees right through them and knows they simply want to deny others rights. They want the discrimination and inequality to continue simply because its not THEIR rights that are effected and nobody is fooled.

    THe reality is the majority of Americans simply care about equal rights, I want my fellow americans to have thier rights protected just like mine are. If rights like these bother a person theres always russia

    so I guess a refresher for those misinformed and on the wrong side

    in America I its fine for anybody to:
    THINK its wrong, gross or offensive etc
    TEACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    PREACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    BELIEVE its wrong gross or offensive etc
    FEEL its wrong gross or offensive etc
    etc

    but you do NOT get to infringe on others rights, equality is winning so youll just have to get over that part of it and it wont affect you, you will still be free to do the above.

    also complete failed and lost arguments that will never get taken seriously on the issue of equal rights and legal marriage

    Religion/god/bible etc – failed
    Slipper slope argument: I should be able to marry my dog, pedophiles marring children etc. failed

    Marriage is between a man and woman – failed
    Marriage is about giving birth - failed

    Morals – your morals are subjective, shouldn’t be forced on others and your morals aren’t affected one bit, you still get to believe in them as you see fit. failed

    Gay Parents will “turn” their kids gay – LMAO this is also a uneducated fantasy and failed. It has been proven that that children raised by gay parents are no more likely to be or not be gay. It has also been proven that children raised in a multi-parent home on average do better than a single parent home no matter the sex. Ignorant and debunked

    Churches will lose their rights
    – another silly argument that appeals to emotion and could probably be added under the “slipper slope” argument as well. Churches are already protected and will never lose their rights, they discriminate RIGHT NOW against who they want including STRAIGHT couples and will be able to continue to do so under the first amendment. Ludicrous and debunked

    Activist Judges - lol well there are like 60+ of them now so thats failed too

    what other failed arguments can be added to the list?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #489
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Why would anyone want to get married in the eyes of the government anyways?

    Family, friends, church sure - but government?

    Makes no sense to me.

    What does a piece of paper mean?

    PROBLEMS! ha..

  10. #490
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,938

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Really?

    So you're arguing survival of the fittest??

    Then why don't stray cats or dogs get married?

    Oh yeah because everything you just said makes no damn sense whatsoever.

    Also, you may as well argue against selective breeding to boot.
    You do realize that we have higher cognitive functions than a cat or dog, right? We learn things, including the fact that there is an advantage to more than one adult providing resources/protection/guidance for our young.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •