Page 37 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #361
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !!

    So you found another activist judge that supports your opinion ?

    Shock !

    All the wacko activist Liberal judges in the World cant redefine whats essential a age old social tennant.

    A institution thats survived the ages up until a small minority of crazy activist, who use the premise of "equal rights" while they target and malign those who disagree with them decided it needed to be changed .
    Again, SSM have happened lots throughout history. Even long before the Vikings came to the America's. Just because religious folks refuse to acknowledge them does not mean that they didn't exist.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #362
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Oh I think there's support for it out there. No one has to give up their use of the word marriage, you just can no longer define it for another. Since the institution of marriage as we have known it for thousands of years no longer exists, what's the beef? Oh and please spare me the argument of cost after the hundreds of millions or more the left has spent in their quest to redefine marriage.
    Prove it. I bet you there isn't support. I bet that most people would not want to change marriage at all. They are simply going to forget about it within a few years of same sex marriage bans being struck down all over the US, at least most of those currently saying that they would support it. And even that is a small number.

    We already have civil unions within our current laws. Changing "marriages" to "civil unions" means those would have to change for at least a few states, because those who enter into civil unions do so for a reason, generally one that includes not wanting to be considered legally married. So they would require something else that covers them.

    And why? Because some people are whining about having to share a word.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #363
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    What does that tell you?

    Who or what are Zues?
    Thanks for proving my point. Zeus was the Father of the Greek Gods. There is a whole pantheon of religions and Gods that have been discarded over the thousands of years that humans have worshiped gods.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #364
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Again, SSM have happened lots throughout history. Even long before the Vikings came to the America's. Just because religious folks refuse to acknowledge them does not mean that they didn't exist.
    I'm asking because I don't know. Where were same sex marriages legal in early centuries?

  5. #365
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Inspired by God

    The NT is an affermation of the old.

    I've had the same Bible forever.
    Inspired =/= written. David Edding's was inspired and wrote many bestselling books. Doesn't mean that what's in those books is real.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #366
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    What you fail to grasp is you have taken an fundamental institution in this country and turned it upside down by redefining the term marriage as it has been recognized for thousands of years. So if you can redefine marriage, why can't civil unions be redefined? In doing so your "marriage" can be defined any way you like it.

    Can you tell me what effect that 'redefinition' would have? What would happen?


    Because right now, there are thousands of gay couples heading up families in this country. THat will not stop, no matter what it's called. It doesnt have to be recognized legally at all; they still will not go away. Gay people want kids and families just as much as straight couples...reproduction is pretty much the strongest of our instincts.

    Not calling it marriage now reclassifies ALL THOSE FAMILIES as 2nd class as well. Those kids now grow up in 'different' families, just like kids from broken homes of divorce where scorned in school and treated differently...until society finally caught up to reality. They were treated like they were different.

    Tell me, how are the kids, the families, of gays different from other families? When they grow up...straight...do they have to have a civil union or a marriage? If they are gay....still no marriage allowed huh? So some kids have wedding and the others have to have civil ceremonies, right in the same family....THese would be GOVT ENFORCED distinctions FORCED on families. How is that possibly a good thing? Telling some, in the same family, they are all different by 'some religious strangers' opinion. It's unconscionable and will be an embarrassment to coming generations and look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #367
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Really? other than Gays' who was pushing for it...let's say during the Clinton administration?


    And how many have pushed back?
    I was supporting it. Defended same sex marriage as an issue in 1997, while in 11th grade. There was a case in Hawaii that led to DOMA. It overturned state marriage law that restricted same sex couples from getting married as violating Hawaii state constitution. There was a case that got turned down by the SCOTUS in the 1970s, when homosexuals could still be institutionalized for just coming out as gay in some places.

    Less people supported it then, than now. But that number has slowly risen over the last two decades. The main thing that led to the major push on same sex marriage was Lawrence v Texas. Striking down sodomy laws meant that there was no legal prohibition on same sex relationships allowable anywhere in the US.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #368
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. Zeus was the Father of the Greek Gods. There is a whole pantheon of religions and Gods that have been discarded over the thousands of years that humans have worshiped gods.
    Well, IT'S BACK!

    Hellenism (religion) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #369
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm asking because I don't know. Where were same sex marriages legal in early centuries?
    Just a couple of examples; The Indians believed in their own form of SSM. There was a Chinese emperor that married another guy. Several others through out history. Even some Christian ones, though I can't remember the names of the Christian ones.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #370
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post

    Can you tell me what effect that 'redefinition' would have? What would happen?


    Because right now, there are thousands of gay couples heading up families in this country. THat will not stop, no matter what it's called. It doesnt have to be recognized legally at all; they still will not go away. Gay people want kids and families just as much as straight couples...reproduction is pretty much the strongest of our instincts.

    Not calling it marriage now reclassifies ALL THOSE FAMILIES as 2nd class as well. Those kids now grow up in 'different' families, just like kids from broken homes of divorce where scorned in school and treated differently...until society finally caught up to reality. They were treated like they were different.

    Tell me, how are the kids, the families, of gays different from other families? When they grow up...straight...do they have to have a civil union or a marriage? If they are gay....still no marriage allowed huh? So some kids have wedding and the others have to have civil ceremonies, right in the same family....THese would be GOVT ENFORCED distinctions FORCED on families. How is that possibly a good thing? Telling some, in the same family, they are all different by 'some religious strangers' opinion. It's unconscionable and will be an embarrassment to coming generations and look back.
    That's just it, the government would no longer enforce any definition of marriage everything becomes neutral in the government's eyes. What your union is to you is your business. You just no longer have the right to define what marriage is to another.

Page 37 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •