Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #191
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post

    What defines a Marriage is the ability of two people to maintain a monogamous relationship and bear children.
    To pass on their genes to their offspring.

    So by that logic anyone who can not bare children should not be allowed to marry? Do you understand this excludes more than just homosexuals?

    Your " Rights " aren't being denied and the refusal to allow Gays to be married doesn't make you a second class citizen.
    Yes they absolutely are. To say otherwise is complete idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  2. #192
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    1.) What defines a Marriage is the ability of two people to maintain a monogamous relationship and bear children.
    To pass on their genes to their offspring.
    2.) Your " Rights " aren't being denied and the refusal to allow Gays to be married doesn't make you a second class citizen.
    3.) Rights are extended out to the individual not to a Couple. and you STILL have the right to get married.
    4.) NO PERSON, regardless of Sexual preference has ever had the Right to marry what or whoever he or she wanted. You cant marry a child, close blood relative, someone who's already married, etc.
    5.) Our laws govern marriage but were not the source of the definition of marriage.
    1.) your OPINION on this is meaningless BUT lets look at your failed theroy
    gays can bear children
    straights dont always have children
    some couples do not practice monogamy
    well that theory completely fails and is meanignless to equal rights and legal marriage
    2.) false has 30 federal judges alon disagree with you. DO you have anythign to back your false claim up?
    3.) correct and individuals are begin denied, thanks for proving your own post wrong.
    4.) good thing nobody wants that nor are they calling that equal rights
    5.) your subjective meanignless definition of marriage doesnt matter to law, rights or legal marriage.

    your posts fails again.

    WHy are you against equal rights?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #193
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) lol yes it is that why these wrongful discrimination (bannings) go to court and are found to be ILLEGAL

    Nonsense. If it were just about " legalities" we wouldn't be having this debate. By now most States would have agreed to Civil Unions and the issue would have been dealt with.

    This is a small activist minority attacking a age old definition as they attempt to redefine it based on what suites them.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) no civil unions are NOT equal rights so wrong again, also many s bigoted states have banned those too
    See ? IT IS about activism over legalities.

    And no one's violating your " Rights ". Rights are extended out to the individual, not to the Gay couple, or any couple for that matter.



    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3.) sorry wrong again because none of those things have anythign to do with equal rights.

    facts win again
    LOL !! " Facts win again " ?? Gotta love it when you guys claim victory.

    Again, your rights aren't being "violated". You can still get married.

    Your issue is that you don't agree with the current laws that regulate who or what you can get marry too.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    are you ever going to post anything you can support? please do so now, thanks.
    Are you ever going to post anything that makes sense ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  4. #194
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Good for you and I could really could care less who you sleep with.

    Marriage is a fundamental Human institution that predates our Constitution and our Laws. Its based around Sociological tenants that have been in place since humans had the intelligence to form Unions with specific partners for the purpose of bearing and raising children.

    So what defines that institution ? Love ? Companionship ?

    No,because if that were the case you could conceivably be married to a Parakeet or a Cat or even a child.

    So Sex ?? No that doesn't define the institution of marriage either.

    What defines a Marriage is the ability of two people to maintain a monogamous relationship and bear children.
    To pass on their genes to their offspring.

    Your " Rights " aren't being denied and the refusal to allow Gays to be married doesn't make you a second class citizen.

    Rights are extended out to the individual not to a Couple. and you STILL have the right to get married. NO PERSON, regardless of Sexual preference has ever had the Right to marry what or whoever he or she wanted. You cant marry a child, close blood relative, someone who's already married, etc.

    Our laws govern marriage but were not the source of the definition of marriage.
    No marriage has ever been annulled in the United States because a couple could not bear children, no divorce has ever been granted in the history of the United States because a couple did not bear children, and the fertility of a couple has never in the history of the United States been a prerequisite to obtain a marriage license. There is not and has never been a requirement in US law that procreation is required for marriage. Furthermore, same sex couples have children through surrogacy and in vitro fertilization. Your argument is without precedent or rationality.

    Loving v. Virginia established that marriage is a fundamental and Constitutionally protected right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #195
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,501
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Good for you and I could really could care less who you sleep with.

    Marriage is a fundamental Human institution that predates our Constitution and our Laws. Its based around Sociological tenants that have been in place since humans had the intelligence to form Unions with specific partners for the purpose of bearing and raising children.

    So what defines that institution ? Love ? Companionship ?

    No,because if that were the case you could conceivably be married to a Parakeet or a Cat or even a child.

    So Sex ?? No that doesn't define the institution of marriage either.

    What defines a Marriage is the ability of two people to maintain a monogamous relationship and bear children.
    To pass on their genes to their offspring.


    Your " Rights " aren't being denied and the refusal to allow Gays to be married doesn't make you a second class citizen.

    Rights are extended out to the individual not to a Couple. and you STILL have the right to get married. NO PERSON, regardless of Sexual preference has ever had the Right to marry what or whoever he or she wanted. You cant marry a child, close blood relative, someone who's already married, etc.

    Our laws govern marriage but were not the source of the definition of marriage.
    Didn't think that one through, didja.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  6. #196
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Nonsense. If it were just about " legalities" we wouldn't be having this debate. By now most States would have agreed to Civil Unions and the issue would have been dealt with.

    This is a small activist minority attacking a age old definition as they attempt to redefine it based on what suites them.



    See ? IT IS about activism over legalities.

    And no one's violating your " Rights ". Rights are extended out to the individual, not to the Gay couple, or any couple for that matter.





    LOL !! " Facts win again " ?? Gotta love it when you guys claim victory.

    Again, your rights aren't being "violated". You can still get married.

    Your issue is that you don't agree with the current laws that regulate who or what you can get marry too.



    Are you ever going to post anything that makes sense ?
    The "couple" argument is laughable. In the United States even corporations are recognized as having Constitutional rights. Or are you opposed to Hobby Lobby having the right to refuse to pay for birth control on the basis of that corporation's religious rights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #197
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    1.)Nonsense. If it were just about " legalities" we wouldn't be having this debate.
    2.)By now most States would have agreed to Civil Unions and the issue would have been dealt with.
    3.) This is a small activist minority attacking a age old definition as they attempt to redefine it based on what suites them.
    4.) See ? IT IS about activism over legalities.
    5.) And no one's violating your " Rights ".
    6.) Rights are extended out to the individual, not to the Gay couple, or any couple for that matter.
    7.) LOL !! " Facts win again " ?? Gotta love it when you guys claim victory.
    8.) Again, your rights aren't being "violated".
    9.) You can still get married.
    10.) Your issue is that you don't agree with the current laws that regulate who or what you can get marry too.
    11.) Are you ever going to post anything that makes sense ?
    1.) well facts and reality disagree with you. Its factually about equal rights and legalities. You havent posted ONE thing that changes that.
    2.) false civil unions are NOT equal rights nor to they address legality. ALso please learn the facts almost just as many states have banned those too.
    3.) nobody will ever by this lie since one, its the majority and its not being redefined. Only equal rights is being granted
    4.) nope as already prove equal rights, see court cases lol
    5.) correct nobody is violating my rights since im can marry. But gays rights are being violated. see court rulings
    6.) correct and the states violated INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS, again see court cases

    do you actually know anythign accurate and factual about this topic?

    7.) its not me its just reality. ALl your points failed and some of them are factually false.
    8.) marriage is a right see SOCUTUS 14 rulings and the many rulings for equal gay rights
    9.) yes i can since im straight
    10.) correct I dont agree with laws that violate individual rights this is why the FED is fixing them. I believe in the constitution and rights. Sorry that bothers you.
    11.) so your answer is no, thats what we thought lol

    let us know when you can defend any false claims you made and when you have any argument that is accurate, factual; and matters to equal rights and legal marriage


    heck we'll take ONE . . . lol

    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #198
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Indeed..

    An openly Gay judge ruled on the Oregon law yesterday. (should have recused himself)

    US judge strikes down Oregon gay marriage ban as state refuses to defend it (+video) - CSMonitor.com

    This will continue until the states say NO MORE!
    Er, in case you havent been following along, the 'states' have no legal standing to say 'no more.'

    Are you ready to explain what the 'gay lifestyle' is yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #199
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Oh yes great slave to the alter of huge government. May it bestow on you your every fantasy.
    Not really. Many people propose a separate category for SSM. "Give them the same benefits and privileges but not the name, it's not marriage!'

    So that would be BIGGER govt. And it's not coming from the Left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I'd have no problem with allowing polygamy. Incest however, no thanks. For the simple fact that genetics don't like it and its too easy for the dominate sibling to "persuade" the non-dominate sibling into such things.
    Agreed but no on is going to come out and say they want to marry a close relative. There wont be any 'movement' for that.

    And nothing will stop any such relationships, whatever the law. So most concerns are moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 20 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •