Page 18 of 89 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #171
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Funny as in "haha"? I don't get it.

  2. #172
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Which has nothing to do with the rights of consenting adults to marry.
    I never could really understand that obsession of throwing these red herrings into these debates about Gay Marriage.

    Every single minority group in the history of mankind has had to fight for their rights. The Lgbt community has been fighting for little over half a century now and we are still making very small gains globally. Capital punishment for simply being homosexual is still enforced even in the year 2014. Louisiana, though they can never enforce it, still ban same sex intercourse. There are other states like it. This is the lgbt's fight though and we are fighting for OUR equality.

    If you want to have sex with your daughter or your son or your brother and uncle and mother and grandma and marry them, and you want the right recognized then start campaigning like everyone else has to.


    You want to the right to marry your pet hamster. Prove to the courts that an animal can consent. You want polygamy. Prove to the courts that such marriages are economically sustainable on a wide a scale.

    That's their fight, not the lgbt community's. So asking gay men and women "Well what about them, do you think they deserve rights?" Why does it matter what our opinion is? People don't think gay men and women deserve equal rights and we still our fighting regardless, because the majority should not be allowed to oppress the minority.

    The lgbt has scientific data backing them. Convincing arguments are persuading the public and the law. That's how these things work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  3. #173
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    I never could really understand that obsession of throwing these red herrings into these debates about Gay Marriage.

    Every single minority group in the history of mankind has had to fight for their rights. The Lgbt community has been fighting for little over half a century now and we are still making very small gains globally. Capital punishment for simply being homosexual is still enforced even in the year 2014. Louisiana, though they can never enforce it, still ban same sex intercourse. There are other states like it. This is the lgbt's fight though and we are fighting for OUR equality.

    If you want to have sex with your daughter or your son or your brother and uncle and mother and grandma and marry them, and you want the right recognized then start campaigning like everyone else has to.


    You want to the right to marry your pet hamster. Prove to the courts that an animal can consent. You want polygamy. Prove to the courts that such marriages are economically sustainable on a wide a scale.

    That's their fight, not the lgbt community's. So asking gay men and women "Well what about them, do you think they deserve rights?" Why does it matter what our opinion is? People don't think gay men and women deserve equal rights and we still our fighting regardless, because the majority should not be allowed to oppress the minority.

    The lgbt has scientific data backing them. Convincing arguments are persuading the public and the law. That's how these things work.
    Fascinating. But I have no idea why you posted it to me. I'm not opposed to gay marriage. I'm not opposed to any marriage.

  4. #174
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Fascinating. But I have no idea why you posted it to me. I'm not opposed to gay marriage. I'm not opposed to any marriage.
    You have, on number of occasion, inquired about the rights of incest couples and polygamist. I don't understand why you do. The gay community's opinion on those issues do no matter. If those people want to be recognized they need to follow the path every other minority has walked to gain rights.

    I'll say this though. Incest will be hard to argue. It has many variables that make it hard to tolerate on a scientific level. Not to mention that the dynamic begs the question was one of the partners conditioned into accepting this relationship or is it truly of their own consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  5. #175
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    You have, on number of occasion, inquired about the rights of incest couples and polygamist. I don't understand why you do. The gay community's opinion on those issues do no matter. If those people want to be recognized they need to follow the path every other minority has walked to gain rights.

    I'll say this though. Incest will be hard to argue. It has many variables that make it hard to tolerate on a scientific level. Not to mention that the dynamic begs the question was one of the partners conditioned into accepting this relationship or is it truly of their own consent.
    I was posting to Agent J about marriage rights. But thank you for sharing your opinion on my posts.

  6. #176
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Kal, Kal, you KNOW that's not true right? You MUST know that even clones would have genetic drift and random mutations. Surely you KNOW this. Further, there is some research that suggests that in the future, and when we finally get to a point where Eugenics will be a reality (Which it will) we will be able to design our offspring however we choose. Incest, although repulsive (Kind of ironic since most people up until this latest push by gays to shame anyone that is verbally repulsed by gay sex, were indeed repulsed by gay sex as well) and taboo, isn't taboo for science sake. In fact I'd say that science or any harmful effects of familial breeding are nonsense and demonstrably not true. In other words, much like gay rights advocates use the "what harm does it cause", mantra, the same exact argument can be said of consensual incestuous relationships. Mother, son, brother sister, sister father.. What a brave new world eh?

    Tim-
    Sure, genetic science will make that part moot. Doesn't make the second part moot though. Too easy for the dominant sibiling to "convince" the other sibiling. For the same reason that we don't allow teachers in universities to fratenize with their students we should not allow incestual relationships.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #177
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I personally find the idea of incest repulsive, but isn't it hypocritical to support open marriage for all, and not incestuous marriage? It is.
    Nope, because there is a valid reason to not support incestuous marriages. Both of which I already outlined in the post you quoted. There is no valid reason to not allow gay marriage or polygamy.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #178
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    He has a domestic partner and they have a son. I'd say he is married [at least common law]. Now due to the stroke of his own pen, he'll likely be able to marry.

    Michael J. McShane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Having a partner does not = wanting to get married. I know a few people who have partners but refuse to get married.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #179
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's nice, but when the 14th was written as a reconstruction amendment (1868) until Brown V the Board of Education (1954) the SCOTUS did not recognize segregation of the races as unconstitutional. Try again.
    My point still stands. May not be exactly or over 200 years but the time frame is still significant. Which is what your arguement was about.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #180
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Why vote? We can just do away with it altogether and have the Judiciary decide everything.
    Why have a Constitution? We can just put all civil rights up for a vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Page 18 of 89 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •