Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 882

Thread: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

  1. #131
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Tell us some more about that history of gay marriage? Mr Educated.
    Oohh ! I want to hear that too !
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  2. #132
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Keep the train rolling. Cant wait till it reaches 25 states.


  3. #133
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    The Habsburg royal family of Europe. Wanna see what generations of incest lead to?

    Charles II of Spain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The extinction of a whole line of a family as well as the rule over a powerful country by a (literally) sterile retard.

    Absolutely zero evidence at all that his "problems" were associated with inbreeding.. To suggest otherwise is to take any contemporary example of mental retardation and attribute it to inbreeding. Nope, sorry that isn't going to cut it.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #134
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Keep the train rolling. Cant wait till it reaches 25 states.
    me neither.
    If you include the stayed states though that will eventually have final rulings its already 26.
    and if some of those rulings are federal district court rulings it will effect even more and then just might knock over the domino to make it national
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #135
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Why vote? We can just do away with it altogether and have the Judiciary decide everything.
    Democracy isn't inherently a virtue. As much as I may want to have a cup of coffee with you, I still would not trust you or your peers with deciding my civil rights. In matters of minority civil rights, aristocratic and oligarchic institutions have been frequent allies, standing opposed to the masses idealization of populism.

    I think many of us could stand to grab a few lessons from other such movements. Women had long been opposed to popular referendums. Surely, they were not reaching success in the legislative branch at the national level to receive suffrage, but state-level legislatures uninterested in satisfying the masses embraced suffrage quicker than those that relied on more democratic appeals. Individuals with disabilities overtly attempted to avoid convincing the public that its rights needed to be secured. The overbearing reason was the masses could not understand: they had to be led. Government knew better. Homosexuals, like women before them, have the unfortunate indignity of having to prove themselves worthy of rights, because the masses have seen it fit that democracy in this matter is good and just.

    I love my neighbors, but I wouldn't trust them in the slightest. I have more faith in my government than in my neighbors.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 05-20-14 at 08:44 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #136
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Oohh ! I want to hear that too !

    He's attributing the historical record of homosexuality in antiquity as perhaps his evidence that this also meant marriage. His mistake, however, is that although evidence of homosexuality exists, although rare, and not much of a record among the peasants, it did indeed exist with the aristocracy. Problem is that although gay activists are eagerly trying to re-write that historical record as well, too much of the truth of ancient homosexuality exists for them to be taken seriously. Truth is that gay-boys, or I should say having a gay boy was a right of passage among the elite. One could argue that by contemporary standards homosexuality of yesteryear was not what revisionists call homosexuality today. In fact exclusive homosexual culture was none existent. The elite took what they wanted and forced homosexuality on young unsuspecting boys. That is what we call rape and pedophilia today, but they are try hard to change that perception.. I find it ironic that what they use to bolster their argument for homosexuality in antiquity was in fact not homosexuality at all, but something the gay left runs away from at every chance, it was, in fact, pedophilia, or more accurately, pederasty. Lesbianism was also in that vein although not much of a record exists for it, and virtually nothing exists in the way of an anthropological cultural record among the underclasses. throw in armies of only men in the field for decades at a time, and when not raping villages, homosexual behavior existed quite frequently, actually, and is well documented, however, again, modern homosexual definitions of what homosexuality is, do not mesh with a lack of female choices. One would have no choice but to argue that by today's standard, THAT form of homosexuality was not homosexuality at all, but merely a lack of opposite sex suitors. The left suffers from the fact that exclusive homosexuality is not very well documented, in fact, hardly ever any mention of it, but that won't let them stop themselves from proclaiming that which to any student of history is clearly not demonstrated by the record.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #137
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    He's attributing the historical record of homosexuality in antiquity as perhaps his evidence that this also meant marriage. His mistake, however, is that although evidence of homosexuality exists, although rare, and not much of a record among the peasants, it did indeed exist with the aristocracy. Problem is that although gay activists are eagerly trying to re-write that historical record as well, too much of the truth of ancient homosexuality exists for them to be taken seriously. Truth is that gay-boys, or I should say having a gay boy was a right of passage among the elite. One could argue that by contemporary standards homosexuality of yesteryear was not what revisionists call homosexuality today. In fact exclusive homosexual culture was none existent. The elite took what they wanted and forced homosexuality on young unsuspecting boys. That is what we call rape and pedophilia today, but they are try hard to change that perception.. I find it ironic that what they use to bolster their argument for homosexuality in antiquity was in fact not homosexuality at all, but something the gay left runs away from at every chance, it was, in fact, pedophilia, or more accurately, pederasty. Lesbianism was also in that vein although not much of a record exists for it, and virtually nothing exists in the way of an anthropological cultural record among the underclasses. throw in armies of only men in the field for decades at a time, and when not raping villages, homosexual behavior existed quite frequently, actually, and is well documented, however, again, modern homosexual definitions of what homosexuality is, do not mesh with a lack of female choices. One would have no choice but to argue that by today's standard, THAT form of homosexuality was not homosexuality at all, but merely a lack of opposite sex suitors. The left suffers from the fact that exclusive homosexuality is not very well documented, in fact, hardly ever any mention of it, but that won't let them stop themselves from proclaiming that which to any student of history is clearly not demonstrated by the record.

    Tim-
    wrong again. Many posters are simply using the FACTS and LINKS(which you have none) that they have posted here many times in equal rights threads showng that same sex marriage existed for for over a 1000 years.

    also NOBODY for equal rights uses this fact as thier argument to support equal rights.
    This fact is only used when topically uneducated posters try and push the lie that its somethign new. Then thier lie completely fails and nobody takes it seriously.
    The best part is it doesnt matter if it was around BC or just today, its meanignless to equal rights and legal marriage.
    ONce again your posts and strawman complete fail. Let me know when you have somethign that matters to the topic and that is factual. Thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #138
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Absolutely zero evidence at all that his "problems" were associated with inbreeding.. To suggest otherwise is to take any contemporary example of mental retardation and attribute it to inbreeding. Nope, sorry that isn't going to cut it.

    Tim-
    I believe someone's quote once said to "debate with a man who has lost all reason is like administering medicine to the dead" Welp, I've experienced that first hand.

    Go now, have fun with your mom Hilda in the back of a barn and see how the children come out.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #139
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another deflection and zero support for your failed claim.
    Are you EVER going to support your claim or just continue to make failed post after failed post.

    and who is "us"? lol your factually false views are the minority.
    also to answer your meaningless question history has shown gay marriage to existed 1000S of years ago. Links to these facts have been posted by many posters many times especially when somebody tries to sell the lie its a new thing.

    also the best part is it doesn't matter. it has no impact on equal rights and legal marriage.
    I bet you dodge the request again.
    Oh Hell No!
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #140
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Judge throws out Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another deflection and zero support for your failed claim.
    Are you EVER going to support your claim or just continue to make failed post after failed post.

    and who is "us"? lol your factually false views are the minority.
    also to answer your meaningless question history has shown gay marriage to existed 1000S of years ago. Links to these facts have been posted by many posters many times especially when somebody tries to sell the lie its a new thing.

    also the best part is it doesn't matter. it has no impact on equal rights and legal marriage.
    I bet you dodge the request again.
    History and your made up assertions are actually two different things.

    Historically homosexuality, and that would include "Gay marriage" was NOT accepted.

    And the condemnation of Homosexuality extended beyond religious edicts.

    So are Billions of Humans posthumously considered Bigots, haters, and disgusting people now ?

    Because a small minority of activist have decided to Politicize their forceful redefinition of age old Cultural standards ?

    Everyone who disagrees with Gay marriage currently is a Bigot, and deserves to targeted.

    Why wouldn't that apply to generations long gone ?

    Imagine, a small and loud and twisted group of individuals has devoted themselves to not only redefining Marriage but to target and disrupt the lives of anyone who disagrees.

    To supress speach THEY feel is dangerous regardless of that persons Constitutional right to express themselves

    Funny, your'e bigon bringing up the Constitution when it benefits your agenda.

    Do you really think that this is going to end well for the activist ? Or is it going to plant seeds of contempt ?

    Is Gay marriage worth pissing off the vast majority of individuals who when it came down to it could have cared less what people did in the privacy of theur own bedroom.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •