Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 235

Thread: Russia and China Move Into Central America

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    After multiple attempts of discussing this subject with him, I do believe his denial of the US' own brand of Latin American imperialism is just an attempt to cover the truth of well documented US policy injurious to the inhabitants of Latin America.
    And American leftists continue to rubbish their own country while deliberately overlooking the character of those dictators who abused the people of Latin America. They did the same while the Communist were murdering millions of people throughout the world. Leftist history speaks for itself.

  2. #62
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And what did she tell you about the Communists and the Contras who fought for Democracy (and eventually won!).
    Way more than I care to discuss here.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Way more than I care to discuss here.
    Well it obviously wasn't about Nicaragua. I've actually been there several times and have had many Nicaraguan employees. I've checked out the chapter on Nicaragua in the Black Book of Communism and they verify what actually happened there.

  4. #64
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Well it obviously wasn't about Nicaragua. I've actually been there several times and have had many Nicaraguan employees. I've checked out the chapter on Nicaragua in the Black Book of Communism and they verify what actually happened there.
    Her family was landed gentry, to borrow a term. They lost some, but not all, of the family property when the Sandinistas took over.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Her family was landed gentry, to borrow a term. They lost some, but not all, of the family property when the Sandinistas took over.
    A female employee of mine lost their little farm, chickens and all, and were able to escape to Costa Rica. They had nothing but lost what little they had. When the country became a democracy they were able to go back and with the money they saved were able to buy a small house (Nicaraguan style). What happened in Nicaragua was gut-wrenching and to defend it is to defend the likes of any mass murderer. The Nicaraguans are among the finest people I know.

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This is quite important and yet no one seems to be talking about it. I live mostly in Costa Rica but often visit Nicaragua and what's happening there is huge.



    How would George Kennan respond to Nicaragua
    I havent really seen a substantial post yet as to why you think this is important and huge. You fear it will lead to tyranny? What should anyone do about it?

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I havent really seen a substantial post yet as to why you think this is important and huge. You fear it will lead to tyranny? What should anyone do about it?
    It is huge, though it is doubtful anyone can do much about it now. It would have been wise, perhaps, for America to get involved in the canal across Nicaragua rather than the Chinese and the Russians but perhaps that was just Obama being 'flexible'. You'll see ever increasing anti American propaganda by leftists everywhere. That's always, from a historical perspective, interesting to watch.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This is quite important and yet no one seems to be talking about it. I live mostly in Costa Rica but often visit Nicaragua and what's happening there is huge.



    How would George Kennan respond to Nicaragua
    This is the Greatest thing possible for Nicaragua.

    Just Americans getting butt hurt because they can't be nearly as terroristic or imperalistic as they've been in the past


  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It is huge, though it is doubtful anyone can do much about it now. It would have been wise, perhaps, for America to get involved in the canal across Nicaragua rather than the Chinese and the Russians but perhaps that was just Obama being 'flexible'. You'll see ever increasing anti American propaganda by leftists everywhere. That's always, from a historical perspective, interesting to watch.
    **** America in Nicaragua.

    America launched an 8 year direct campaign of Terrorism against Nicaragua from 80-88, why in the **** would we want them over the Chinese and Russians?

    America already has a military base in Honduras, look how much that's helping them.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Russia and China Move Into Central America

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    A female employee of mine lost their little farm, chickens and all, and were able to escape to Costa Rica. They had nothing but lost what little they had. When the country became a democracy they were able to go back and with the money they saved were able to buy a small house (Nicaraguan style). What happened in Nicaragua was gut-wrenching and to defend it is to defend the likes of any mass murderer. The Nicaraguans are among the finest people I know.
    Thank you.

    Most of the Land "Grabbing" by the Sandinistas was from former Somoza land holdings and his friends.

    When was her land taken?

    If it was in 80 or 81, her family was likely in bed with Somoza and deserved to be shot on return.

    ~82-88 was forced by the exacerbating cost of mounting a counter-terrorist campaign against the US-backed-funded-trained raping native and black contras.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •