Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 414

Thread: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

  1. #361
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL.....you want to call me "ignorant" because I disagree with your assertions?
    No, I'm calling you ignorant because you are uninformed. You are under the impression that what we are discussing is a subjective matter. It is not. It is a matter of facts, facts that you deny. Thus, you are ignorant.

    Sorry, but I studied Human Behavior and graduated with a BS in Sociology and a minor in Psychology before I went to Law School....so I think I might know a little bit about social behavior and social structure. Probably more than you do.
    If only your university had had more rigorous requirements involving classes on race and racism. And isn't it funny that someone like you with such an education completely ignored the links to the research I provided. I guess only one of us is demonstrably interested in education.

    You obviously have your ingrained views that you believe and no one is going to dispel you of those beliefs. I'm sorry that you believe the way that you do. Maybe some real world experience and education will dispel some of those myths. Good luck.
    Okay.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Anytime the majority power engages in racial bigotry, oppression is perpetuated and real racism is supported. That's why it's racism and not just name calling.

    However, when a black person talks crap about whites, it IS MERELY name calling. There is no societal backing, no system of injustice to perpetuate, no real racism.
    You don't seem to understand the difference between racism and calling someone a name, ignorant though it may be in this case. If I called someone a stupid bastard it wouldn't mean that I am bigoted against the mentally handicapped or unwed mothers and their offspring.. It's calling someone a name out of anger or frustration and happens with fairly regularly.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    He used race as a pejorative. As someone in the majority power, that qualifies as racism because it helps to perpetuate societal level injustice against minorities.
    No, he used he word as a pejorative.

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    You won't be able to understand the power you have as a white person until you are able to see yourself, not just as an individual, but also as a member of system that favors whiteness over all other colors.
    I'm a healthy White male and must admit that, overall, it's pretty good. The only problem is that when I don't get the promotion, people are rude, I get served after others, etc. I have no one to blame for it. Maybe there should be a new category called Whitemaleism, or Whitemaleophobia so I can begin to feel sorry for myself as well.

  5. #365
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I'm a healthy White male and must admit that, overall, it's pretty good. The only problem is that when I don't get the promotion, people are rude, I get served after others, etc. I have no one to blame for it. Maybe there should be a new category called Whitemaleism, or Whitemaleophobia so I can begin to feel sorry for myself as well.
    Who exactly is feeling sorry for themselves?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #366
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's this notion that you're racist and don't even know it. It's a way to accuse basically everybody of racism. They're the types that see racism in a talking Hallmark card that mentions black holes.
    Just about everyone is a racist. It's really a matter of how much of one you are, meaning ... do you act on it or do you fight the impulse.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #367
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Just about everyone is a racist. It's really a matter of how much of one you are, meaning ... do you act on it or do you fight the impulse.
    No. It's a matter of what color you are. It's okay for minorities to be racist, but not white people. We see Liberals taking advantage of that fact all the time.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Just about everyone is a racist. It's really a matter of how much of one you are, meaning ... do you act on it or do you fight the impulse.
    Just about everybody is not racist, unless we define it in the loosest terms possible. All this talk of racism, sexism, ageism, fatism and every other ism you can name only demonstrates what an easily offended people we have become. Most Black men and women rise above this silliness, as do most women, physically handicapped people and so on. Sometimes people say stupid things, often inadvertently, and to make such a big deal out of these things only demeans those who want to make an issue of it. We need more adults and fewer whiners.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Who exactly is feeling sorry for themselves?
    Anyone who feels they are being discriminated against. Sometimes people just have to rise above life's challenges rather than moaning about people not liking you for some reason or other.

  10. #370
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    No. It's a matter of what color you are. It's okay for minorities to be racist, but not white people. We see Liberals taking advantage of that fact all the time.
    You mean YOU see that all the time. It's not the reality I see.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •