Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 414

Thread: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

  1. #331
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Absolutely. Rangel's comment was worse. You do realize that Rangel is a senior Congressman who impacts all of our lives, and this guy was a small NH town elected police commissioner (by the way - NOT a cop) who didn't impact anyone's life outside of the 3000 residents of Wolfeboro, right?
    IOW, when a black man calls white people names = you care
    When a white man calls black people names = "Why is everyone getting so worked up over some name calling?"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    IOW, when a black man calls white people names = you care
    When a white man calls black people names = "Why is everyone getting so worked up over some name calling?"
    It seems to be White liberals who are getting 'worked up".

  3. #333
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    IOW, when a black man calls white people names = you care
    When a white man calls black people names = "Why is everyone getting so worked up over some name calling?"
    The tragedy being that real racism, perpetuated by the majority power and permeating society so as to create a lifetime of injustice, is not just name calling.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The tragedy being that real racism, perpetuated by the majority power and permeating society so as to create a lifetime of injustice, is not just name calling.
    But stupid name calling is what we are dealing with here, not necessarily racism. What this does is diminish the impact when genuine racism occurs.

  5. #335
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    But stupid name calling is what we are dealing with here, not necessarily racism. What this does is diminish the impact when genuine racism occurs.
    People who were victims of real racism have the scars to prove it. There were no victims in this story, except President Obama who got called a name. I'm sure he'll get over it. The Cambridge police did when he called them "stupid".

  6. #336
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    But stupid name calling is what we are dealing with here, not necessarily racism. What this does is diminish the impact when genuine racism occurs.
    Anytime the majority power engages in racial bigotry, oppression is perpetuated and real racism is supported. That's why it's racism and not just name calling.

    However, when a black person talks crap about whites, it IS MERELY name calling. There is no societal backing, no system of injustice to perpetuate, no real racism.

  7. #337
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Anytime the majority power engages in racial bigotry, oppression is perpetuated and real racism is supported. That's why it's racism and not just name calling.

    However, when a black person talks crap about whites, it IS MERELY name calling. There is no societal backing, no system of injustice to perpetuate, no real racism.
    What majority power was he in?

  8. #338
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What majority power was he in?
    White

  9. #339
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Anytime the majority power engages in racial bigotry, oppression is perpetuated and real racism is supported. That's why it's racism and not just name calling.

    However, when a black person talks crap about whites, it IS MERELY name calling. There is no societal backing, no system of injustice to perpetuate, no real racism.
    When a person in a position of authority engages in any sort of racist behavior, no matter how benign, and nothing is done about it, then at the very least it gives the impression that the authorities condone that behavior or even support it. A government that is supposed to be for all of the people can not allow that to occur without consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #340
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-Word [W:301]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    When a person in a position of authority engages in any sort of racist behavior, no matter how benign, and nothing is done about it, then at the very least it gives the impression that the authorities condone that behavior or even support it. A government that is supposed to be for all of the people can not allow that to occur without consequences.
    Bold is an important note.

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •