Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 149

Thread: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38:145]

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Let me give you a tip. Open your mind and read things and sources you disagree with.

    You see, I was once a "Very Liberal" Lib, but one with an open mind. My goal was to discover what was the best for society over the long haul. After years, I learned the Left relied on deception. They cannot be honest about who they are, where they want to go, or the results of their idiotic policies. Though I disagree with the Left, and their leadership is largely disgusting, I still read and listen to their stuff. I was a listener of Air Amerika... one of the 7 listeners in their audience.

    Give it a try for a few years. Listen to Limbaugh and Levin, read sources that you find unpalatable at the moment. After a few years you'll be a more rounded individual... and... You might surprise yourself.
    The problem with WND is not that people disagree with it, it is that they make **** up. Sorry Komrade, birther sources are not what you would kall reliable,.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The problem with WND is not that people disagree with it, it is that they make **** up. Sorry Komrade, birther sources are not what you would kall reliable,.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The linked article isn't available to non-subscribers. It's useless.
    The linked article is neither for subscribers only nor is it from WND. Good try though, dumb as hell, but good try. And we all know about the Times of London, pushing the "WND" angle since 1787.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/scienc...cle4091344.ece

    One thing about some of the posters in this thread that is breathtaking? The level of stupidity and self imposed ignorance some here are really really proud of themselves for. Bloody morons.


    EDIT: By the way you two geniuses of towering intellect. Just checked WND, as of 9:00 AM 5/16/14 WND is not even covering this story. Maybe later in the day one of you two geniuses can check back and see if they have added the story? Then you can alert the other deep thinker to the fact, so he can ape your banal stupidity?
    Last edited by Filthy McNasty; 05-16-14 at 11:04 AM.

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Lennart Bengtsson Resigns: GWPF Voices Shock and Concern at the Extent of Intolerance within the Climate Science Community | The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF)

    You can see what lengths alarmists will go to, to quell any skepticism whatsoever in the scientific community. It just confirms what skeptic have been saying.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,614

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Evidence of what?
    When you peel back the layers of the predictions by the IPCC, what do they really predict?
    The basic thing is that when CO2 levels double from 280 ppm to 560 ppm,
    we should see an equilibrium climate response of between 1.5 and 4.5 C.
    To get to this large range, they blended accepted Physics, (CO2s direct response) with
    an unquantified concept called Forcing, which is really open loop feedbacks.
    Considering that the observed temperature increase for the last 133 years,
    is .8 C, and the direct response of CO2 is 51% complete, some of the supposed
    forcing should be readily apparent.
    Of the .8 C observed, .6 C is attributable to the direct response of CO2 1.2 C.
    This leaves only .2 C, in the last 133 years, for all unknown inputs, both natural and anthropogenic.
    I made a quick graph showing the limits, low, mid and High, of the predictions,
    along with the observed data. not a lot of room for panic.
    Attachment 67166605
    P.S. I am Proud of my cajun heritage.
    Don't use facts and figures to back yourself up with.

    warmists only use appeal to emotion and fear to back their arguments.

    If we ever got to the point that what they claim would happen we would be dead from CO2 poisening anyway.
    at a 5% concentration we would start feeling co2 dizziness and other mild effects.
    at 10% concentration you would need a breathing machine to walk outside.
    at 15% all oxygen breathing life would cease to function you would require constant oxygen to walk anywhere.

    you are going to have more to worry about if what they say is true than a few degree's of tempature increase.

    however from what i have seen a .8 degree increase is nothing out of the norm from a normal warming trend and .8 over 133 years is nothing.

  5. #25
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,323

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Don't use facts and figures to back yourself up with.

    warmists only use appeal to emotion and fear to back their arguments.

    If we ever got to the point that what they claim would happen we would be dead from CO2 poisening anyway.
    at a 5% concentration we would start feeling co2 dizziness and other mild effects.
    at 10% concentration you would need a breathing machine to walk outside.
    at 15% all oxygen breathing life would cease to function you would require constant oxygen to walk anywhere.

    you are going to have more to worry about if what they say is true than a few degree's of tempature increase.

    however from what i have seen a .8 degree increase is nothing out of the norm from a normal warming trend and .8 over 133 years is nothing.
    I apologize for using actual Science to show the need for panic is overstated.
    I think it is medium unlikely we can ever achieve the first doubling of CO2 to 560 ppm,
    as the cost of hydrocarbon extraction will exceed the alternatives, before we get there.

  6. #26
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ... Give it a try for a few years. Listen to Limbaugh and Levin, read sources that you find unpalatable at the moment. After a few years you'll be a more rounded individual... and... You might surprise yourself.
    I listened to right-wing radio for years. I told myself I had to get both sides of the issue. Eventually, I just couldn't take the distortion and hypocrisy. There's nothing but right-wing propaganda on right-wing radio. Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck aren't in the business of discussing issues. They're in the business selling low-effort thinkers what they want to hear.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    I listened to right-wing radio for years. I told myself I had to get both sides of the issue. Eventually, I just couldn't take the distortion and hypocrisy. There's nothing but right-wing propaganda on right-wing radio. Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck aren't in the business of discussing issues. They're in the business selling low-effort thinkers what they want to hear.
    Can't argue with you about Beck, Hannity or Ingraham. But then based upon your previously stated inability to access the article in question as well as your hallucination this is a World Net Daily story? Looks like you could give those three a real run for their misinformation money!

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    The linked article is neither for subscribers only nor is it from WND. Good try though, dumb as hell, but good try. And we all know about the Times of London, pushing the "WND" angle since 1787.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/scienc...cle4091344.ece

    One thing about some of the posters in this thread that is breathtaking? The level of stupidity and self imposed ignorance some here are really really proud of themselves for. Bloody morons.


    EDIT: By the way you two geniuses of towering intellect. Just checked WND, as of 9:00 AM 5/16/14 WND is not even covering this story. Maybe later in the day one of you two geniuses can check back and see if they have added the story? Then you can alert the other deep thinker to the fact, so he can ape your banal stupidity?
    Your link takes me to a page that requires a subscription. Very impressive fail!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #29
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,419
    Blog Entries
    12

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The problem with WND is not that people disagree with it, it is that they make **** up. Sorry Komrade, birther sources are not what you would kall reliable,.
    You mean they actually were propagandists for Saddam Hussein? Oh... no, that was CNN.
    You mean they tried to swing an election in its dying days using forged documents? Whoops, sorry... that was CBS and the NYT.
    You mean they quote people out of context to accuse them of being racists? Geez... that was the NYT too.
    You mean they wrote Algore's pack of ecolies for him? Nope... seems not to be so.

    I think you too are a prime candidate for a Swiss Army Knife with patented mind opener.

    Read the article, then complain. You know... struggle to get the truth, even if it might pain you so to do so.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view[W:38]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    You mean they actually were propagandists for Saddam Hussein? Oh... no, that was CNN.
    You mean they tried to swing an election in its dying days using forged documents? Whoops, sorry... that was CBS and the NYT.
    You mean they quote people out of context to accuse them of being racists? Geez... that was the NYT too.
    You mean they wrote Algore's pack of ecolies for him? Nope... seems not to be so.

    I think you too are a prime candidate for a Swiss Army Knife with patented mind opener.

    Read the article, then complain. You know... struggle to get the truth, even if it might pain you so to do so.
    Basic logic for you: even if all that where true, it would not make WND reliable. WND would still be the birther site.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •