Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

  1. #11
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    It's interesting to see peoples reaction to stories like this. When I read this my first thought wasn't anger at Islam but rather at the Sudanese government.
    That's because it's the Sudanese government that is at fault.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's because it's the Sudanese government that is at fault.
    No, it is Islam. Muslims in the democracies are wrestling with this problem as well.

    Apostates: Should they be killed or saved?

    Apostasy in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You can see a list f countries here where apostates have been killed or have disappeared.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, it is Islam. Muslims in the democracies are wrestling with this problem as well.
    The government is the institution that wields the gun.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #14
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The government is the institution that wields the gun.
    Yes but here we have Islam acting like the Catholic church in the middle Ages, wielding more power than the state and outright controlling it to the point where its aking the state execute people for leaving its religion. Islam and the government are at fault.

    Islam is at fault for being barbaric Middle-Eastern/African style (hint hint) Islam and the government is at fault for allowing the church to rule over its decision (I'm eh with this point, the government probably couldn't even do anything).

    I hate Middle-Eastern/African style Islam, I'd burn them all if I could but then it'd turn me into one of them.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  5. #15
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The government is the institution that wields the gun.
    You are drawing a distinction which does not exist for these people. It is as if I were to explain to you that it wasn't actually part of the government, it was the Judicial branch.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Yes but here we have Islam acting like the Catholic church in the middle Ages, wielding more power than the state and outright controlling it to the point where its aking the state execute people for leaving its religion. Islam and the government are at fault.

    Islam is at fault for being barbaric Middle-Eastern/African style (hint hint) Islam and the government is at fault for allowing the church to rule over its decision (I'm eh with this point, the government probably couldn't even do anything).

    I hate Middle-Eastern/African style Islam, I'd burn them all if I could but then it'd turn me into one of them.
    There are no gods, there is only mankind. The religion can do nothing than man chooses not to do. The world is shaped by the choices and actions of man and man alone. The government, composed of men in power, seeks to maintain its power and dominion over its people in these sorts of despotic regimes. It's a story as old as mankind itself and predates the gods.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #17
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    You are drawing a distinction which does not exist for these people. It is as if I were to explain to you that it wasn't actually part of the government, it was the Judicial branch.
    The judicial branch is part of the government.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #18
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    It's interesting to see peoples reaction to stories like this. When I read this my first thought wasn't anger at Islam but rather at the Sudanese government.
    I'm bothered that the people in such nations are so snowballed, blinded, and controlled that they don't give a flying **** and I bet you many even support the effort.

    The 0's called, they want their zealots back.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The government is the institution that wields the gun.
    It is a government based on Islamic Law.Sudan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death After Marrying Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The judicial branch is part of the government.
    That was his point.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •