Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 287

Thread: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

  1. #61
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We've known about the Cincinnati office for some time. Its nothing new, and you appear to believe it somehow changes things-it does not.
    Wrong. Look at the title of this thread. It says the emails says control of Tea Party came initially from headquarters in Washington, but as my post shows, it started in Cincinnati. They 're lyikng to you.

    Title: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting


  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Wrong. Look at the title of this thread. It says the emails says control of Tea Party came initially from headquarters in Washington, but as my post shows, it started in Cincinnati. They 're lyikng to you.

    Title: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting
    Once again, weve known about Cincinnati for some time. Whats news is that there is MORE involvement in Washington than previously known. Incidentally, while Cincinnati is the primary office for 501c4's its not the only, and there is evidence that this was quite widespread. Which is why additional attention has been focused at the top.

    I wonder if its sunk in yet-this is not a false scandal, and its not going away. Ignore it at your peril.

    Now, over 3/4's of voters support an independent prosecutor being appointed to find out whats going on, and this includes nearly 2/3's of democrats. Its whats going to happen.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_scandal
    Last edited by US Conservative; 05-17-14 at 07:33 PM.

  3. #63
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Once again, weve known about Cincinnati for some time. Whats news is that there is MORE involvement in Washington than previously known. Incidentally, while Cincinnati is the primary office for 501c4's its not the only, and there is evidence that this was quite widespread. Which is why additional attention has been focused at the top.

    I wonder if its sunk in yet-this is not a false scandal, and its not going away. Ignore it at your peril.
    It is indeed a false scandal, the Right is trying say the targeting began in Washington, DC (implying it was Obama who started it), but as my post points out it began in Cincinnati. The right is lying to you. In the screen grab below, see that Media Matters caught Fox lying.



    Fox's "Fox Facts" on the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) scrutiny of Tea Party groups applying for tax-exempt status get the facts exactly wrong.

    Judicial Watch released a batch of IRS email correspondence under a Freedom Of Information Act request on May 14. The emails include a chain of correspondence between the Cincinnati IRS office and the Washington, D.C. based office dating back to February 2010, when a Cincinnati IRS employee first flagged a Tea Party group seeking tax-exempt status for further review. The full email chain shows that the Washington, D.C. office's involvement was all in response to the initial inquiry from Cincinnati.

    Yet right-wing media latched onto a midsection of the email chain, from July 2010, to push the conspiracy theory that Washington directed inappropriate targeting of conservative groups.

    The falsehood made its way onto the May 16 edition of Fox News'America's Newsroom in an on-screen graphic presented as "Fox Facts." The on-screen "Fox Facts" falsely claimed that the emails newly revealed by Judicial Watch prove that the targeting of conservative groups stemmed from Washington, D.C. rather than Cincinnati:



  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It is indeed a false scandal, the Right is trying say the targeting began in Washington, DC (implying it was Obama who started it), but as my post points out it began in Cincinnati. The right is lying to you. In the screen grab below, see that Media Matters caught Fox lying.



    Fox's "Fox Facts" on the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) scrutiny of Tea Party groups applying for tax-exempt status get the facts exactly wrong.

    Judicial Watch released a batch of IRS email correspondence under a Freedom Of Information Act request on May 14. The emails include a chain of correspondence between the Cincinnati IRS office and the Washington, D.C. based office dating back to February 2010, when a Cincinnati IRS employee first flagged a Tea Party group seeking tax-exempt status for further review. The full email chain shows that the Washington, D.C. office's involvement was all in response to the initial inquiry from Cincinnati.

    Yet right-wing media latched onto a midsection of the email chain, from July 2010, to push the conspiracy theory that Washington directed inappropriate targeting of conservative groups.

    The falsehood made its way onto the May 16 edition of Fox News'America's Newsroom in an on-screen graphic presented as "Fox Facts." The on-screen "Fox Facts" falsely claimed that the emails newly revealed by Judicial Watch prove that the targeting of conservative groups stemmed from Washington, D.C. rather than Cincinnati:

    Its interesting you think media matter or fox are the issue. They aren't-in fact whatever happened in the IRS needs to come to light, and the people who know-arent going to talk until they are made to.

    And thats whats going to happen.

  5. #65
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its interesting you think media matter or fox are the issue. They aren't-in fact whatever happened in the IRS needs to come to light, and the people who know-arent going to talk until they are made to.

    And thats whats going to happen.
    Dude, there is no issue beyond the fact the IRS messed up, there is no scandal here. The IRS is a bureauacy and it screwed up like bureaucracies do. The right wing media is deceiving you by cherry picking the emails they reveal.


  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Dude, there is no issue beyond the fact the IRS messed up, there is no scandal here. The IRS is a bureauacy and it screwed up like bureaucracies do. The right wing media is deceiving you by cherry picking the emails they reveal.
    It didn't screw up against everyone-it screwed up against one population based on their politics. Sorry, but thats unacceptable. And then we find out that this went all the way up to politicians of the opposition party. Sorry, but thats unacceptable.

    And the people in charge wont talk, which is why a select committee will be formed-to make them talk. Again, you may not think its an issue (imagine if Bush had targeted leftist groups-we know what the response would have been) but its not going away, and over 3/4ths of Americans favor an investigation.

    Its going to happen, even if the democrats are forced to do it, kicking and screaming the entire way. Frankly, the only question is if it happens now, or after the dems lose the senate. But in either case-its going to happen-dismiss it at your own peril.

  7. #67
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    It didn't screw up against everyone-it screwed up against one population based on their politics. Sorry, but thats unacceptable. And then we find out that this went all the way up to politicians of the opposition party. Sorry, but thats unacceptable.

    And the people in charge wont talk, which is why a select committee will be formed-to make them talk. Again, you may not think its an issue (imagine if Bush had targeted leftist groups-we know what the response would have been) but its not going away, and over 3/4ths of Americans favor an investigation.

    Its going to happen, even if the democrats are forced to do it, kicking and screaming the entire way. Frankly, the only question is if it happens now, or after the dems lose the senate. But in either case-its going to happen-dismiss it at your own peril.
    You are wrong, about 300 organizations were targeted and about 96 of them were conservative and the remaining were spread around to different organisations. The reason the conservative number was so high was because they had a large number of organizations created 'Tea Party', 'Patriots' or '9/12 Project'. There a few progressive and ACORN Medical Marijuana organization. Phony scandal.


  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,685

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You are wrong, about 300 organizations were targeted and about 96 of them were conservative and the remaining were spread around to different organisations. The reason the conservative number was so high was because they had a large number of organizations created 'Tea Party', 'Patriots' or '9/12 Project'. There a few progressive and ACORN Medical Marijuana organization. Phony scandal.
    you can continue the denial but the evidence is right in front of you. the problem is that you have let your liberal ideology overcome any logic that is involved.
    while the cincinatti office might process things they get their orders from guess where washington.

    It is fully documented that they were targeted by the IRS while left leaning groups continue to do the same politcal stuff but no shuts downs or irs targetting.
    no the majority of the groups were conservative and targetted because the oppose liberals and obama.

    the IRS is suppose to be a non-political entity that just became political. what is worse is that politicians are at the center of it.
    this is corruption at it's highest order to try and eliminate opposition. this is what forms dictatorships and tryannies.

    but you dont' care because it is your party doing it.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Dude, there is no issue beyond the fact the IRS messed up, there is no scandal here. The IRS is a bureauacy and it screwed up like bureaucracies do. The right wing media is deceiving you by cherry picking the emails they reveal.
    Nice way to excuse deliberate attacks of certain groups by the IRS, call it a bureaucracy and bureaucracies screw up. To a liberal that is a great reason for larger government, but that's not how conservatives see it. Conservatives understand bigger government is just as you describe, it screws up, thus their push for smaller government equals less screw ups. But Liberals love big government and all it's screw ups. The bigger the government the more screws ups the more liberals love it.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You are wrong, about 300 organizations were targeted and about 96 of them were conservative and the remaining were spread around to different organisations. The reason the conservative number was so high was because they had a large number of organizations created 'Tea Party', 'Patriots' or '9/12 Project'. There a few progressive and ACORN Medical Marijuana organization. Phony scandal.
    Ahh, so I Obama was outraged, and Lerner took the 5th over nothing. Brilliant.

    Several of the leftist groups were actually scrutinized because they thought they had right wing names. This is all now public record, we know this because the information had to be extracted by force from the IRS.

    Nice try.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •