Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 287

Thread: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I see, you don't want to be honest, you know damned well testimony doesn't change over time. Tell me what has changed in that report that only eleven months old?
    Of course it does not change over time, but new evidence DOES develop over time. Odd how that works, isnt it?

    A year after a scorching audit revealed that the Internal Revenue Service targeted tea party groups for intrusive scrutiny, and despite an effort to clean house at the agency, many of those groups are still awaiting approval for tax-exempt status.
    Meanwhile, documents released Wednesday — a year to the day after the inspector general’s audit — signal intensive involvement of IRS employees in Washington, contradicting the early story by agency employees that the problems stemmed from overzealous employees in the Cincinnati office.


    Read more: IRS papers contradict Lois Lerner story as many groups still await tax-exempt reply - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    You would do well to watch that testimony as well. Its probably short enough even for you.
    Last edited by US Conservative; 05-18-14 at 08:30 PM.

  2. #182
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Of course it does not change over time, but new evidence DOES develop over time. Odd how that works, isnt it?
    Are you saying that all those groups should be imeaditaly given their status, no questions asked.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #183
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The problem is that many of these documents that Judicial Watch received through taking it to court are some of the same documents Congress asked for and received from the administration but were heavily redacted often leaving out names or anything that would show abuse of power or reveal this administration lying. How pathetic is it that Congress can't get a readable document but a private organization through the legal system can?
    Because congress has oversight responsibility, they should subpoena and question officials relentlessly. I blame the administration for being liars and the congress for being cowards.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Are you saying that all those groups should be imeaditaly given their status, no questions asked.
    No, im saying they should receive the SAME amount of scrutiny of any other group making such an application. That was clearly not the case here, in fact the additional scrutiny wasn't just unequal, and unethical, it was likely illegal.

    Unless you support weaponizing the govt against people based on political ideology, that is.

  5. #185
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Of course it does not change over time, but new evidence DOES develop over time. Odd how that works, isnt it?



    You would do well to watch that testimony as well. Its probably short enough even for you.
    The "new" information is a lie, from the conservative Washington Times which post #47 destroys.


  6. #186
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,881

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Because congress has oversight responsibility, they should subpoena and question officials relentlessly. I blame the administration for being liars and the congress for being cowards.
    I don't know where you get Congress didn't do its part. The House certainly has with little to no cooperation from this administration. Haven't you watched any of the multiple hearings on C-span? And that doesn't count for all the closed door hearings we are not privy to. Now mind you this has occurred in the House but Republicans are in control. In the Senate, under Democrat control, you mention the IRS scandal and they reply "what scandal?" But now that it has been revealed that Senator Levin, Democrat of Michigan and others Senate Democrats urged the IRS to intensify harassment of Conservative groups maybe they will be forced to investigate the members of that body.

  7. #187
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    No, im saying they should receive the SAME amount of scrutiny of any other group making such an application. That was clearly not the case here, in fact the additional scrutiny wasn't just unequal, and unethical, it was likely illegal.

    Unless you support weaponizing the govt against people based on political ideology, that is.
    That's not true, it all depends upon what the group does as to how much scrutiny they receive. The test for 501(c)(4) is social welfare.


  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    you cannot tell but right now i am annoyed to put it lightly.

    i am not joking right now.

    do you discount anything a democrat says?
    Why.....because there is no out as to this involving into more than what the Democrats say publicly? If there was nothing there.....they would have just ignored it and went on conducting business. Knowing they had nothing to worry about. Such was not the case.....as has been shown. See.....its when you put all the evidence and conflicting statements together. That one sees it is just isn't one specific issue.

    What I am not suppose to believe the footage they have of him standing in front of the cameras.....and now denying he ever had any contact. After they show him standing waving papers around and saying there whatever he could out of his mouth? Trying to Defend his party members.....when he should have been setting them out.

  9. #189
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I don't know where you get Congress didn't do its part. The House certainly has with no cooperation from this administration. Haven't you watched any of the multiple hearings on C-span? And that doesn't count for all the closed door hearings we are not privy to. Now mind you this has occurred in the House but Republicans are in control. In the Senate, under Democrat control, you mention the IRS scandal and they reply "what scandal?" But now that it has been revealed that Senator Levin, Democrat of Michigan and others Senate Democrats urged the IRS to intensify harassment of Conservative groups maybe they will be forced to investigate the members of that body.
    IRS, Sen. Carl Levin, And The Truth Behind Right-Wing Media's Latest Phony Conspiracy Theory | Research | Media Matters for America

    Right-wing media falsely claimed that newly released documents from Judicial Watch showed that Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) pressured the IRS to target conservative groups for additional scrutiny. Levin's letters simply show that he asked the IRS to hold both Democratic and Republican groups accountable to valid tax-exempt regulations, and he made his correspondence public record more than a year ago.


  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Why would the FBI interview anyone when there was no crime committed? Answer:They wouldn't.
    In conducting an Investigation with live people one still has to talk to witnesses PB......whether a crime has or hasn't been committed. Wanna try another?

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •