Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 287

Thread: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

  1. #111
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    One, the point of where it STARTED is irrelevant and a straw man you have invented, and even if true in no way makes this a "false scandal."

    What proves it is not false in fact, are your own posts showing link after link where there was a corruption based, partisan effort to harass an established and legal political movement. Your own documents prove that fact.

    The fact the first memo IN EVIDENCE amid a massive scandal of cover up itself is proof of no more than a memo proving the harassment existed and thew claims of "not a smidgeon" yet another absolute lie to add to the growing an ubiquitous list from Obama's non stop pie hole.

    In future, I suggest you could save yourself a lot of embarrassment and your own party a lot of shame by reading the OP, making note of the pertinent details like how these documents show not everything is on the table, that Washington people knew more than was first claimed, and a memo clearly admitting the corruption ion no way exonerates anyone.

    The White House is involved in this. Does anyone think for a second that a go-for-the-jugular at all times political shark like Obama would NOT know his "enemies" are being targeted?

    Logic says otherwise, but then Amerikan Sozialists were never big on logic, why bother when lying has worked so well so far....?
    What a pile of well written Bull****.


  2. #112
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What a pile of well written Bull****.
    that's your best response?


    No wonder most of this entire thread is about the LACK of response from the left.

    You just got called on several factual errors, lies and omissions and your most reasoned and adult response is to call names.

    Oh yeah, big on my respect meter.....

    Clearly the Amerikan left is morally bankrupt and bereft of ideals...
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #113
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    that's your best response?


    No wonder most of this entire thread is about the LACK of response from the left.

    You just got called on several factual errors, lies and omissions and your most reasoned and adult response is to call names.

    Oh yeah, big on my respect meter.....

    Clearly the Amerikan left is morally bankrupt and bereft of ideals...
    I gave you good marks on your writing, but your facts leave much to desire.


  4. #114
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I gave you good marks on your writing, but your facts leave much to desire.
    Yawn...


    OPh thank you, as if I care about your grades.

    How about we deal in facts then?

    How about you, like is done in adult debates, actually take on one point I have made and with research rebut what I have said? How about you actually read the material YOU posted and see where those documents clearly and irrevocably prove there was harassment, contrary to the claims of the most dishonest president since...well Clinton?

    These are *facts*....stating something is "well written bull****" is an opinion and an insult. So, if you want to continue to play, come out of the gutter and refute facts, leave your opinion for the ignorant few who might be interested.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #115
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Yawn...


    OPh thank you, as if I care about your grades.

    How about we deal in facts then?

    How about you, like is done in adult debates, actually take on one point I have made and with research rebut what I have said? How about you actually read the material YOU posted and see where those documents clearly and irrevocably prove there was harassment, contrary to the claims of the most dishonest president since...well Clinton?

    These are *facts*....stating something is "well written bull****" is an opinion and an insult. So, if you want to continue to play, come out of the gutter and refute facts, leave your opinion for the ignorant few who might be interested.
    You came here late, apparently you missed this post. The article is real news reporting from Darrell Issa's House Oversight and Government Reform Committee meetings, it's not an opinion piece it's straight reporting.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The following USA Today article from June 11, 2013 shows President Obama was correct when he told Bill O'Reilly on Super Bowl Sunday that there was not a "smidgen" of corruption. READ IT!

    Transcripts show IRS agents in Cincinnati -- not Washington -- flagged Tea Party cases

    ...The Tea Party affair started with a Feb. 25, 2010 e-mail (see below) from Cincinnati-based IRS agent Jack Koester to his boss, Screening Group Manager John Shafer. Shafer, in turn, sent it to his superiors, including some Washington staff, elevating it as a "high profile case."

    The Cincinnati employees weren't quite sure what the Tea Party was, but they knew it was politically sensitive. "This case will be sent to inventory for further development. Political campaigns on behalf (of) or in opposition to any political candidate do not promote social welfare," Shafer wrote to his bosses. The Tea Party groups were seeking tax exempt status as "social welfare" groups.

    A few days later, Shafer came back to Muthert asking him to look up how many Tea Party cases had been received, and how many had already been approved. "He told me that Washington, D.C wanted some cases," Muthert said, according tot he transcripts.

    Shafer, though, told congressional investigators that he asked for the list on his own -- not on orders from Washington. "No one said to make a search," he said.

    "Based on what I saw at the time, this organization is something I don't know what it is, but it is something that appears to be growing, some type of movement," Muthert said. "So when I was asked to research the Tea Parties, it was like OK, I understand why you would want me to look at these cases and see if there is going to be a million coming in or not."...



  6. #116
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Yawn...


    OPh thank you, as if I care about your grades.

    How about we deal in facts then?

    How about you, like is done in adult debates, actually take on one point I have made and with research rebut what I have said? How about you actually read the material YOU posted and see where those documents clearly and irrevocably prove there was harassment, contrary to the claims of the most dishonest president since...well Clinton?

    These are *facts*....stating something is "well written bull****" is an opinion and an insult. So, if you want to continue to play, come out of the gutter and refute facts, leave your opinion for the ignorant few who might be interested.
    Where is the email that a IRS offical wrote "the boss wants us to screw these groups over"? That would convincing be evidence
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Where is the email that a IRS offical wrote "the boss wants us to screw these groups over"? That would convincing be evidence
    We did even better than the Email.....we have the Letter Levin wrote. Post 109.

    Levin, chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs’ permanent subcommittee on investigations, wrote a March 30, 2012 letter to then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman discussing the “urgency” of the issue of possible political activity by nonprofit applicants. Levin asked if the IRS was sending out additional information requests to applicant groups and citing an IRS rejection letter to a conservative group as an example of how the IRS should be conducting its business.

    A top IRS official replied that the agency could send out “individualized questions and requests.”

    “Some entities claiming tax-exempt status as social welfare organizations under 26 U.S.C.&501(c)(4) appear to be engaged in political activities more appropriate for political organizations claiming tax-exempt status under 26 U.S.C.&527,” Sen. Levin wrote. “Because of the urgency of the issues involved in this matter, please provide the following information by April 20, 2012.”

    Levin asked ”if it is not provided on a routine basis, approximately what percentage of such applicants receive an IRS questionnaire seeking information about any political activities, and how the IRS determines whether and when to send that questionnaire; and approximately how many days after an application is filed that questionnaire is typically sent.”

    Levin cited a 1997 IRS rejection letter to the conservative group National Policy Forum, formed by former Republican National Committee chairman Haley Barbour, and asked Shulman, “Is it still the position of the IRS that a 501(c)(4) organization cannot engage in any partisan political activity, even as a secondary activity?”

    As we’ve already told you, Levin wasn’t the only Democrat senator calling on the IRS to harass Tea Party groups. He was just one of the most shameless.....snip~

  8. #118
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    We did even better than the Email.....we have the Letter Levin wrote.

    Levin, chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs’ permanent subcommittee on investigations, wrote a March 30, 2012 letter to then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman discussing the “urgency” of the issue of possible political activity by nonprofit applicants. Levin asked if the IRS was sending out additional information requests to applicant groups and citing an IRS rejection letter to a conservative group as an example of how the IRS should be conducting its business.

    A top IRS official replied that the agency could send out “individualized questions and requests.”

    “Some entities claiming tax-exempt status as social welfare organizations under 26 U.S.C.&501(c)(4) appear to be engaged in political activities more appropriate for political organizations claiming tax-exempt status under 26 U.S.C.&527,” Sen. Levin wrote. “Because of the urgency of the issues involved in this matter, please provide the following information by April 20, 2012.”

    Levin asked ”if it is not provided on a routine basis, approximately what percentage of such applicants receive an IRS questionnaire seeking information about any political activities, and how the IRS determines whether and when to send that questionnaire; and approximately how many days after an application is filed that questionnaire is typically sent.”

    Levin cited a 1997 IRS rejection letter to the conservative group National Policy Forum, formed by former Republican National Committee chairman Haley Barbour, and asked Shulman, “Is it still the position of the IRS that a 501(c)(4) organization cannot engage in any partisan political activity, even as a secondary activity?”

    As we’ve already told you, Levin wasn’t the only Democrat senator calling on the IRS to harass Tea Party groups. He was just one of the most shameless.....snip~
    then there should be emails from IRS officials who objected to this idea right? right?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,282

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The point was that the OP indicated that the orders came from Washington, DC and possibly involving President Obama. That post shoots down that idea because of the email.
    That email was from 2010 !!!!!
    When the TP(ies) were new and before they shook up DC.
    The Obama/IRS scandals started after they had the crap scared out of 'em by the TP(ies).
    Since TP(ies) don't all have the words Tea Party in their names, Obama and his boys & girls had to suggest ways to identify 'em and stop 'em.
    And that's what they did.
    That makes that email an irrelevant distraction.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Judicial Watch: New Documents Show IRS HQ Control of Tea Party Targeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Yawn...


    OPh thank you, as if I care about your grades.

    How about we deal in facts then?

    How about you, like is done in adult debates, actually take on one point I have made and with research rebut what I have said? How about you actually read the material YOU posted and see where those documents clearly and irrevocably prove there was harassment, contrary to the claims of the most dishonest president since...well Clinton?

    These are *facts*....stating something is "well written bull****" is an opinion and an insult. So, if you want to continue to play, come out of the gutter and refute facts, leave your opinion for the ignorant few who might be interested.


    Yeah F&L.....PB thinks that one piece he has changes up any of the truth.....despite his looking to tangent off what the rest of the Media is saying other than ABC, CBS and NBC TV. Who got occupied over some news that you can't use......and of Course Hollyweird and its entertainers. Notice even though all other pieces tie in and his only explains one very small sliver, which don't mean much.

    We now have the DOJ playing games over Congressional members and what they were suppose to release. Plus now we have Cummings getting ready to be hit with an ethics investigation.


    Bozell: Broadcast Networks 'Allergic to the Truth About the IRS Scandal'.....


    The full press release:

    RESTON, Va. – Yesterday, Judicial Watch released a new batch of IRS documents that showed “extensive pressure on the IRS by Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) to shut down conservative leaning organizations.” According to an analysis from the Media Research Center, ABC, CBS, and NBC responded with exactly ZERO seconds of network news coverage. The released documents also revealed the IRS’s handling of the Tea Party applications was directed out of the agency’s DC headquarters, contrary to initial claims that blamed low-level officials in Cincinnati.

    In the year since the scandal broke, numerous major developments have gone completely unreported by the Big Three. Examples include:

    • On August 2, FoxNews.com reported that House Oversight chairman Darrell Issa had accused acting IRS Commissioner Danny Werfel of blocking the committee’s investigation. Network coverage: Zero.
    • On September 4, CNN’s Drew Griffin reported that documents showed Lerner’s original story blaming low-level employees was a lie.Network coverage: Zero.
    • On September 11, 2013 the Wall Street Journal exhibited how Lerner’s own e-mails implied a liberal political agenda at work. Network coverage: Zero.
    • On September 18, 2013, a front-page analysis published by USA Today confirmed the targeting of conservatives. ZERO seconds of coverage.
    • At the end of March 2014, the New York Times noted that the House committee was still being frustrated by non-cooperation from the IRS. Network coverage: Zero.
    • And, an April 7, 2014 staff report by the House Oversight and Government Reform committee thoroughly demolished what remained of the notion that both sides had been targeted. Network coverage: Zero.
    • Finally on May 7, 2014, The House of Representatives voted to hold disgraced IRS bureaucrat Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress. Total network coverage? 15 seconds on Good Morning America. Zero on CBS and NBC.


    Read more: Bozell: Broadcast Networks 'Allergic to the Truth About the IRS Scandal' | NewsBusters

    See that's where many on the left get confused over.....the issue of those not giving coverage. That it means it isn't real and can be played with by the left's Direct Media sources.

    Which is why you see them try to avoid anything else put out.
    Last edited by MMC; 05-18-14 at 05:18 PM.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •