Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 283

Thread: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

  1. #271
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    First of all this person is a HE not a SHE and HIS name is Daniel NOT Chelsea.

    Second - the taxpayers shouldn't be paying for a "sex change" operation. Manning is certainly one confused individual, however there is nothing wrong with him physically.

    Third - The notion that this is even being debated shows how screwed our society really is.

    What are we going to do next? give prisoners cosmetic surgeries? give female prisoners breast implants??

    Men are men and woman are woman - you can not be born a man and then insist you're a woman - that is called mental illness not a biological mistake, and any psychologist who actually believes that a man/woman believes they're the opposite sex has a mental illness themselves and shouldn't be practicing medicine.



    Maybe so, but sex reassignment surgery (GRS) goes on all over this planet and my guess is that it's not going to stop anytime soon.

    As a matter of fact, there will likely be more of it in the future.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Maybe so, but sex reassignment surgery (GRS) goes on all over this planet and my guess is that it's not going to stop anytime soon.

    As a matter of fact, there will likely be more of it in the future.
    Well, I'm not going to doubt that, however my opinion on the matter still stands.

    These people have mental illness..... There are plenty of people out there with similar mental disorders, and in this case Body integrity identity disorder, yet it is viewed as a mental illness when someone wants to cut their arms off or their legs or whatever body part it may be, yet if a man thinks he's a woman and wants to cut their dong off all of a sudden these wacko psychologists find it perfectly rational and not insane.

    So basically you have a mental problem if you don't want arms and want them amputated for no reason - yet you're sane if you're a man who believes they're a woman.

    I'm sure If I insisted I was a space alien they would throw me in the loony bin and label me bat**** crazy.

    Hell, in the future I'm sure anyone who holds conservative political views will be labeled crazy and thrown in a mental hospital er reeducation camp.

    As a libertarian, I could care less what someone does to their own body, but I do take issue if those procedures are done at the taxpayers expense and are labeled sane when they're obviously nuts.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Ive already said that SRS is not the only way to treat gender dysphoria. Hormones and transitioning ya know. But if that doesnt work and the dysphoria is still there then the only thing left is SRS. That is when its necessary to relieve the effects of dysphoria.


    And the idea that we should withhold necessary procedures for a persons mental health due to them being in jail isnt an idea I can get behind.
    I can get behind that idea.

    LIfe isnt fair and there are plenty of people suffering from diseases...mental and physical...that cannot be cured. They have to learn to deal with it, adapt, change their perspectives, find things that alleviate their pain, etc.

    What do they do for other patients with mental issues? Drug them....like people... in jail and out...that are manic depressive. Tranq him and let him veg in a cell. That's what he's supposed to be doing anyway. Make him as comfortable as possible but none of this surgery...or transplants, etc on my tax dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #274
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That's not what I said. I clearly stated the presumption. Read carefully.
    So you meant the $20/month Rx.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    .....
    According to this page

    Dr. Reed Sex Reassignment Surgery Guide, Includes Cost

    Vaginioplasty: $14,500 USD Labiaplasty: $3,000 USD Breast Augmentation (saline): $5,000 USD Orchiectomy: $2,500 USD

    Whatever all that is, looks like around $25,000

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So you meant the $20/month Rx.
    What I said in that post was

    So let's suppose for the sake of argument that the hormones were cheaper.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Hell, in the future I'm sure anyone who holds conservative political views will be labeled crazy and thrown in a mental hospital er reeducation camp.
    Hmmm. An interesting idea.

  8. #278
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    According to this page

    Dr. Reed Sex Reassignment Surgery Guide, Includes Cost

    Vaginioplasty: $14,500 USD Labiaplasty: $3,000 USD Breast Augmentation (saline): $5,000 USD Orchiectomy: $2,500 USD

    Whatever all that is, looks like around $25,000
    Im sorry but was your last point serious? Cause it was a bit ridiculous.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Im sorry but was your last point serious? Cause it was a bit ridiculous.
    What is ridiculous about what I said?

  10. #280
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Many people get depressed and commit suicide because they do not have enough money. Should we give all such persons $25,000 to treat their depression?
    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    What is ridiculous about what I said?
    Your trying to compare being poor which is not a medical or psychological condition to gender dysphoria which is. How is that not ridiculous?

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •