Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 283

Thread: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

  1. #171
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    First of all HIS name is Daniel, and secondly the taxpayers shouldn't be funding any such "gender reassignment surgery."


    If that clown Manning wants to get his hotdog chopped off then maybe he should reach out to GLAAD or the numerous other organizations out there that exist to promote homosexuality/transgender issues. I'm sure progressives would be delighted to chip-in and pay for DANIEL Mannings dong to be replaced with a vagina.

    I suppose unnecessary surgeries are a "civil right" these days?

    Maybe the government can start paying for inmates tattoos next or other unnecessary body modification surgeries?



    I tend to agree with this since there are a lot of other people in the USA who urgently need medical help to stay alive and this does seem to be a waste of taxpayers money when compared to other people who need help.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I believe that it is.

    However, I don't know what that has to do with this situation. Maybe you could fill us in.
    Gender reassignment surgery involves serious mutilation.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Gender reassignment surgery involves serious mutilation.
    Those with this disorder are insane people - they have serious psychological problems - most likely dissociative personality disorder, because no sane person of any gender wants or believes they are another gender.

    If I told a doctor/psychologist I wanted to cut my arms off they would think I was insane and NO surgeon would cut my arms off, however If I asked to have my dong cut off and turned into a vagina there wouldn't be a problem there just as long as I was functionally insane.

    I suppose the phrase "functional insanity" is the key here...

  4. #174
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Those with this disorder are insane people - they have serious psychological problems - most likely dissociative personality disorder, because no sane person of any gender wants or believes they are another gender.

    If I told a doctor/psychologist I wanted to cut my arms off they would think I was insane and NO surgeon would cut my arms off, however If I asked to have my dong cut off and turned into a vagina there wouldn't be a problem there just as long as I was functionally insane.

    I suppose the phrase "functional insanity" is the key here...
    if one wanted a wart cut off, would that be an example of functional insanity, nick?
    how about facial plastic surgery?
    maybe someone would want a breast removed? no medical reason for that, right. just insanity


    but thank you for your exposition about who should be found insane
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Those with this disorder are insane people - they have serious psychological problems - most likely dissociative personality disorder, because no sane person of any gender wants or believes they are another gender.

    If I told a doctor/psychologist I wanted to cut my arms off they would think I was insane and NO surgeon would cut my arms off, however If I asked to have my dong cut off and turned into a vagina there wouldn't be a problem there just as long as I was functionally insane.

    I suppose the phrase "functional insanity" is the key here...
    I'd dispute the notion that being suicidal or grievously self-harming can only be done by an insane person, as such denies human free agency. Although I would agree that they are seriously disturbed and in need of (legitimate) psychiatric care.

  6. #176
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Gender reassignment surgery involves serious mutilation.



    That's one definition of it, some people see it another way.




    It all depends on your point of view.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    That's one definition of it, some people see it another way.




    It all depends on your point of view.
    Some people see that their leg isn't a part if them.

    Delusional beliefs should not be the basis of legality or illegality of conduct.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    if one wanted a wart cut off, would that be an example of functional insanity, nick?
    how about facial plastic surgery?
    maybe someone would want a breast removed? no medical reason for that, right. just insanity


    but thank you for your exposition about who should be found insane

    When there is nothing wrong with any of your organs/extremities and you want them cut off - YES IT IS A MENTAL DISORDER - as a matter of fact it even has it's own name in psychology - it's called "body integrity identity disorder" although rare - many people have that disorder. They want their arms cut off, legs, noses - you name it they want perfectly healthy parts of their body amputated... They're also considered functionally insane - meaning they're not crazy enough to be institutionalized, however some are - especially those who repeatedly try to mutilate themselves consistently.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I'd dispute the notion that being suicidal or grievously self-harming can only be done by an insane person, as such denies human free agency. Although I would agree that they are seriously disturbed and in need of (legitimate) psychiatric care.
    No sane person would mutilate themselves....

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

    Besides, I don't even care if Manning wants to cut his dong off - just as long as the taxpayers aren't paying for it.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •