Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 312

Thread: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

  1. #291
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,068

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Unfortunately new news will always overshadow the old and with the Bowe Bergdahl story, sadly we probably won't hear much about the girls anymore. Short of invading Nigeria and overthrowing Mr. Goodluck, the ONLY thing we could really do is put pressure on the Nigerian government. I really think that was what the Twitter campaign was all about.
    Obama Sends Troops to Chad in Search for Nigeria Girls With Boko Haram - TIME

    Kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls: Australia offers SAS troops to help rescue students taken by Boko Haram - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

    They are trying. I'll bet there are tons of closed door negotiations going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #292
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Evidence of this would be that the girls are still not free and have been dropped from the news cycle. But those holding the hashtags can still feel good about themselves.
    ....maybe Obama should give a speech or something? That usually works.

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Nice to see someone is doing something at least.

  4. #294
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls


  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    There's nothing more that some people can do. I don't see what the problem is. Of course, most of us aren't going to hear about a lot events that happen in other countries, but that's no reason to cop a tude just because people express sorrow over a sorrowful event.

  6. #296
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    There's nothing more that some people can do. I don't see what the problem is. Of course, most of us aren't going to hear about a lot events that happen in other countries, but that's no reason to cop a tude just because people express sorrow over a sorrowful event.
    Seriously? So...post a selfie...and...well...



    Because...well...I mean really...we 'care'...but...lets not be silly....

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Seriously? So...post a selfie...and...well...



    Because...well...I mean really...we 'care'...but...lets not be silly....
    Who was silly about it? Who posted a selfie besides Mrs. Obama? And let's face it, HER selfie could have some type of political clout, seeing that she is the wife of one of the most powerful men in the world.

    There is NOTHING silly about showing your support for a cause. What is your issue with it? You prefer silence? Honestly, I do not get it at all what you are objecting to.

  8. #298
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Who was silly about it? Who posted a selfie besides Mrs. Obama? And let's face it, HER selfie could have some type of political clout, seeing that she is the wife of one of the most powerful men in the world.

    There is NOTHING silly about showing your support for a cause. What is your issue with it? You prefer silence? Honestly, I do not get it at all what you are objecting to.
    What is silly about it. Hmmm...lets start by 'waiting 5 weeks' before caring. Lets move on to 'I posted a selfie showing I haz a sad...my work here is done'. Of course we can progress to 'Well...dang...nothing huh? Oh well...I didnt really give a **** anyway so no big deal'. And now of course there is 'Wait...they kidnapped another 40 women? 20 more after that? Well...sucks to be them I reckon...I'm sure I have a vacay to plan somewhere..."

    And BTW...no...she isnt the only one. There have been several Administration officials posting their 'selfie diplomacy'. Its like the worst form of 'giving a ****' ever. Because...they dont.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    What is silly about it. Hmmm...lets start by 'waiting 5 weeks' before caring. Lets move on to 'I posted a selfie showing I haz a sad...my work here is done'. Of course we can progress to 'Well...dang...nothing huh? Oh well...I didnt really give a **** anyway so no big deal'. And now of course there is 'Wait...they kidnapped another 40 women? 20 more after that? Well...sucks to be them I reckon...I'm sure I have a vacay to plan somewhere..."

    And BTW...no...she isnt the only one. There have been several Administration officials posting their 'selfie diplomacy'. Its like the worst form of 'giving a ****' ever. Because...they dont.
    Of course people give a ****. It's all some people can do though, and there's nothing wrong with it. As far as the president and/or his wife participating, THEY could probably do more, but WTF? Why should they do any more than show support and put pressure on the Nigerian government? Personally, I feel terribly about the girls and can't imagine what the parents must be going through and how sucky it must be to live in such a hell hole, but about all I could do is give well wishes. I would rather see their government be pressured into doing it, or perhaps overthrown by the people who are sick and tired of the whole situation. But there is nothing wrong with showing your support, no matter how "terrible" you try and make it sound.

  10. #300
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Of course people give a ****. It's all some people can do though, and there's nothing wrong with it. As far as the president and/or his wife participating, THEY could probably do more, but WTF? Why should they do any more than show support and put pressure on the Nigerian government? Personally, I feel terribly about the girls and can't imagine what the parents must be going through and how sucky it must be to live in such a hell hole, but about all I could do is give well wishes. I would rather see their government be pressured into doing it, or perhaps overthrown by the people who are sick and tired of the whole situation. But there is nothing wrong with showing your support, no matter how "terrible" you try and make it sound.
    When is 'support' nothing more than a photo-op....

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •