Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 312

Thread: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    You mean the most vulnerable people in our society? When we consider government resource allocation to fight the problem, why should these Nigerian girls take precedence over American girls?

    Isn't that a disservice to American taxpayers?
    I suppose you could look at it like that. I prefer to look at it as helping to try to rescue some innocent little girls and reuniting them with their families who must be going nuts right about now.

    I do wish they would put more money and manpower into looking for kidnapped children here in the US too though.

  2. #142
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,038

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm aware of human trafficking, but that is not what this thread is about. I started this thread out of concern for the Nigerian girls. It doesn't mean I'm not concerned about others, but this just happens to be taking precedence right now because of the brazen attack, the killings, and the fact that it is terror related.
    ....that makes no sense. You are upset that people are being kidnapped and trafficked..... but you're not here to talk about people being kidnapped and trafficked?

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ....that makes no sense. You are upset that people are being kidnapped and trafficked..... but you're not here to talk about people being kidnapped and trafficked?
    I think you need to look at the thread title again.

  4. #144
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,038

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think you need to look at the thread title again.
    YOU are the one who said:

    ...They would never get away with something like that here in America. They would be hunted down like dogs. There is the difference. We are a pretty much educated population who would not settle for less from our government....
    It is not my fault that you are incorrect.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    YOU are the one who said:



    It is not my fault that you are incorrect.
    I'm not incorrect, but that's beside the point. I was responding to someone else's post.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    So? No comments about the US performing air searches in Nigeria for the missing girls and their captors? I was expecting some kind of a reaction to that news.

    Pentagon: U.S. military drones aid search for kidnapped Nigerian girls | The Rundown | PBS NewsHour

  7. #147
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,038

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm not incorrect, but that's beside the point. I was responding to someone else's post.
    Um yes. Thousands of girls are trafficked in the United States, and we absolutely do not hunt them down like dogs and prevent them from being able to do so. And the point was precisely about the allocation of resources between them.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Um yes. Thousands of girls are trafficked in the United States, and we absolutely do not hunt them down like dogs and prevent them from being able to do so. And the point was precisely about the allocation of resources between them.
    Stick to the topic. Don't make me report you.

  9. #149
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,038

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    So? No comments about the US performing air searches in Nigeria for the missing girls and their captors? I was expecting some kind of a reaction to that news.

    Pentagon: U.S. military drones aid search for kidnapped Nigerian girls | The Rundown | PBS NewsHour
    Why. What reaction were you expecting?

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Why. What reaction were you expecting?
    Look, if you can't talk about the subject matter, then piss off.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •