Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

  1. #31
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The whole thing is about race and illegal tapping of conversations.
    So you're playing the race card right now then?

  2. #32
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Do you want to show us where the race card was played?
    A little bird told me that since Sterling brought up Magic "not being a good example" it would only be a matter of time before it was played.

    How else would one see this?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #33
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So you're playing the race card right now then?
    In order for that to happen, I would have to insinuate that Sterling must be a racist because he said something negative about Johnson.

    Never did.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #34
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    A little bird told me that since Sterling brought up Magic "not being a good example" it would only be a matter of time before it was played.

    How else would one see this?
    So because it will only be a matter of time, we might as well say it's happened and get that out of the way?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #35
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    A little bird told me that since Sterling brought up Magic "not being a good example" it would only be a matter of time before it was played.

    How else would one see this?
    Is it not possible for people of any race to be less than perfect? I don't see how judging Magic on the "content of his character" is playing the race card.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #36
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    In order for that to happen, I would have to insinuate that Sterling must be a racist because he said something negative about Johnson.

    Never did.
    So you are suggesting that I insinuated that Sterling's comments in that video were racist?

  7. #37
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So you are suggesting that I insinuated that Sterling's comments in that video were racist?
    Most times when someone posts a thread, they're insinuating something. You tell me.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #38
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Most times when someone posts a thread, they're insinuating something. You tell me.
    I made my comment. You tried to twist my words into something that wasn't there. Essentially you made **** up. It's really that simple.

  9. #39
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Is it not possible for people of any race to be less than perfect? I don't see how judging Magic on the "content of his character" is playing the race card.
    Furtherly insinuating Sterling is a racist because of his comment on Johnson would be. If that's not the case, so be it.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #40
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Sterling's startling talk on Magic Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I made my comment. You tried to twist my words into something that wasn't there. Essentially you made **** up. It's really that simple.
    Sterling was made out to be a RACIST due to an illegal tapping of a conversation.

    You said he need to quit talking because he's not doing himself any favors.

    If you weren't discussing his *racist* views then what were you getting at?

    Again if I'm off-base, pardon my question.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •