Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 192

Thread: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows | The Weekly Standard

    Timothy Geithner, the former secretary of the Treasury Department, says the White House wanted him to lie in scheduled appearances on the Sunday TV talk shows. As Geithner writes in his new memoir:

    “I remember during one Roosevelt Room prep session before I appeared on the Sunday shows, I objected when Dan Pfeiffer wanted me to say Social Security didn’t contribute to the deficit. It wasn’t a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute. Pfeiffer said the line was a ‘dog whistle’ to the left, a phrase I had never heard before. He had to explain that the phrase was code to the Democratic base, signaling that we intended to protect Social Security.”

    Of course, Geithner would not have been the only official from the White House to have misled the American people on the Sunday talk shows. Susan Rice famously came under fire for blaming a terrorist attack on a YouTube video in appearances on the shows.




    LOOKs like that is all the admin knows how to do is TELL BIG FAT LIES.

  2. #2
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    The most transparent administration in history wanted one of their own to lie?

    I'm shocked.

    or not.

  3. #3
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Kudos to Timmy for admitting that but, you're still an elitist, evil POS.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,289

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The most transparent administration in history wanted one of their own to lie?

    I'm shocked.

    or not.
    You said it!
    Unbelievable!

  5. #5
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Kudos to Timmy for admitting that but, you're still an elitist, evil POS.
    And a tax cheat. Don't forget that.

    (Tax cheats are only bad bad people when their names are Clive Bundy).

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Kudos to Timmy for admitting that but, you're still an elitist, evil POS.
    He is not an elitist he is just a slave working for them, he is kissing butt cheeks hoping to get into the graces of the elite.

  7. #7
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows | The Weekly Standard

    Timothy Geithner, the former secretary of the Treasury Department, says the White House wanted him to lie in scheduled appearances on the Sunday TV talk shows. As Geithner writes in his new memoir:

    “I remember during one Roosevelt Room prep session before I appeared on the Sunday shows, I objected when Dan Pfeiffer wanted me to say Social Security didn’t contribute to the deficit. It wasn’t a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute. Pfeiffer said the line was a ‘dog whistle’ to the left, a phrase I had never heard before. He had to explain that the phrase was code to the Democratic base, signaling that we intended to protect Social Security.”

    Of course, Geithner would not have been the only official from the White House to have misled the American people on the Sunday talk shows. Susan Rice famously came under fire for blaming a terrorist attack on a YouTube video in appearances on the shows.

    LOOKs like that is all the admin knows how to do is TELL BIG FAT LIES.
    Seems like this is pretty innocuous, all things considered. Silly way to play Gotcha.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And a tax cheat. Don't forget that.

    (Tax cheats are only bad bad people when their names are Clive Bundy).
    come on you know the left can cheat on taxes.

    I have not heard a darn thing about the arrest of that democrap pig LEE who was gun running. seems the left are concerned about guns UNTIL its one of their caught gun running.

    fast and furiously covering up their one messes

    I seriously think they are the most evil people on the face of this planet.

  9. #9
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Seems like this is pretty innocuous, all things considered. Silly way to play Gotcha.
    yes because it never happened before, but this is not so much a lie as a way of not focusing on the unimportant. It is like saying that when I pick a flower from a bed I contributed to its destruction even though the neighbor's dog tore up the other 30 flowers.


    A lie on a Sunday would be for example: Saddam as WsMD and we know where they are or they will treat us like liberators or the fundamentals of the economy are strong.....

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Seems like this is pretty innocuous, all things considered. Silly way to play Gotcha.
    Play gotcha?

    Are you for real? Anyone that has ever listened to the King knows every other word out of his mouth is a lie. But you will not admit it until it is to late good luck to you in the "future"
    Last edited by votemout; 05-12-14 at 10:38 AM.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •