Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 192

Thread: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Media Matters? Come on, if there ever was a source to laugh at out loud....
    `
    Your reply brings up an unfortunately, common problem, with the right. You ask for empirical proof of faux news' lack of credibility but accept none of it because of confirmation bias. What evidence, by what source would you accept?

  2. #132
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    521

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Though it might give your thinking a new spin, I think you might enjoy "Calculus of Consent" by Buchanan and Tullock. They describe how democracies function and why the help society be more efficient and create higher welfare. The book also indicates, where the pitfalls are and how they come about.
    Sounds like a fairy tale. Everyone knows democracies function for the private interests, not public. Democracy isn't the problem, the people that are supposed to run the democracy are the problems. When corruption is involved, all good-will goes out the window for money and power. Thats why people go into politics, not to serve the people and do whats "right".

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,228

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSaindo View Post
    Sounds like a fairy tale. Everyone knows democracies function for the private interests, not public. Democracy isn't the problem, the people that are supposed to run the democracy are the problems. When corruption is involved, all good-will goes out the window for money and power. Thats why people go into politics, not to serve the people and do whats "right".
    That is what democracies are about. How do you structure the thing, so that the individuals you grant power over you cannot misuse it.

  4. #134
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    Your reply brings up an unfortunately, common problem, with the right. You ask for empirical proof of faux news' lack of credibility but accept none of it because of confirmation bias. What evidence, by what source would you accept?
    As far as I know, every study done on the media shows roughly the same content in hard news reporting. FNC overall, is no different than any other outlet.

    Media matters on the other hand is a proven manipulator of content, and omitter of context. Not to mention a glove in hand arm of MSNBC.

    You want to be associated with known liars? Who am I to stop you? Just know that rational people don't use that source.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #135
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    I am amazed that anyone would ask that question. Enjoy.



    The Iraq Liberation Act was not authorization for military action against Iraq. In fact, it specifically says that in Section 8. It authorized humanitarian assistance, funding of Saddam's political opposition, and provision of military training materials to rebel groups. You are trying to compare apples with oranges.



    The majority of Democrats voted against it, but those who didn't were acting on bad information fed to them by the Bush Administration.
    You have no idea how the Oversight committees work and the information available to them, do you? Facts always get in the way of people like you who have an agenda and want badly to believe what the left tells you. The vote in the Senate was 76-23 so again you have no idea what you are talking about and the Senate was under Democrat Control. Wonder where Syria got the WMD"s, Hmmm

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    Your reply brings up an unfortunately, common problem, with the right. You ask for empirical proof of faux news' lack of credibility but accept none of it because of confirmation bias. What evidence, by what source would you accept?
    Because there are dozens of opinions on Fox News if you want to make a point about their credibility it's best to name one of the opinion makers you find to be dishonest, point to the dishonesty, and then others can judge for themselves. Just repeating blanket statements about "Faux" news (which was stale a decade ago) certainly doesn't enhance your own own credibility

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That is what democracies are about. How do you structure the thing, so that the individuals you grant power over you cannot misuse it.
    The structure designed by the founding fathers was an excellent system but over the years the power has moved to Washington from the States, giving the people less power. Now Presidents and their appointed bureaucrats are ignoring laws, changing them on the go, using Executive privilege and so on to the point where the President can actually bypass Congress. The American electorate seemed to approve of these changes, and precedents, so their is little now that can be done. Once you give power away it is difficult to get it back.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/23/us...anted=all&_r=0

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:29 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,228

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The structure designed by the founding fathers was an excellent system but over the years the power has moved to Washington from the States, giving the people less power. Now Presidents and their appointed bureaucrats are ignoring laws, changing them on the go, using Executive privilege and so on to the point where the President can actually bypass Congress. The American electorate seemed to approve of these changes, and precedents, so their is little now that can be done. Once you give power away it is difficult to get it back.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/23/us...anted=all&_r=0
    If you have a Congress that is not up to withholding funds? Sure that is too little control.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Stop dancing. If you think Fox News is disreputable, and then cite it to make your claim (lazy, requiring no effort to actually discredit the data provided by ICE) what does that mean you believe?

    You tell me-I will go with it once you have figured out your argument.
    I posted an opinion by Bush's former press secretary, Dana Perino. Because of her experience in the WH and talking to the press, I think she has a bit more credibility on the subject, than the average FoxNews host, don't you?
    Last edited by Moot; 05-14-14 at 02:21 PM.

  10. #140
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I posted an opinion by Bush's former press secretary, Dana Perino. Because of her experience in the WH and talking to the press, I think she has a bit more credibility on the subject, than the average FoxNews host, don't you?
    How quickly your opinion on this would change should mmfa be shown to have taken her out of context as they are known to do.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •