Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

    Members of a Secret Service special unit responsible for patrolling near the White House were pulled off that assignment over at least two months in 2011 to protect the assistant of the agency's director while she was engaged in a dispute with a neighbor, according to a report in The Washington Post.

    The agents were pulled from a surveillance team that patrols the outskirts of the White House compound and monitors the southern side of the executive mansion whenever crowds gather to watch the president and first family travel via motorcade or helicopter, the Post reported.

    Agents inside the Washington field office were concerned that the diversion of agents increased security risks to the compound and the president, two people familiar with the discussion told the newspaper. A spokesman for the agency told the Post that the agents involved were not part of the president's protective detail and therefore the operation had no impact on it.

    Called "Operation Moonlight" within the agency, the assignment that summer of 2011 called for two agents twice a day, in the morning and at night, to monitor the home of his assistant, the Post reported. The residence was in rural area outside the southern Maryland town of La Plata, nearly an hour's drive from Washington.

    Two agents put on Operation Moonlight thought the reassignment was a potentially illegal use of government resources and were concerned enough about their own liability that they kept records of their involvement and their superiors' instructions, the Post reported. Some informed the inspector general for the Homeland Security Department about the operation, the newspaper said.

    White House spokesman Jay Carney said the White House was not aware of the allegations involving the president's protection and referred questions to the Secret Service, according to the Post.....snip~

    Report: Govt. agents protected director's aide


    According to Secret Service they knew and its SOP if they think there is a threat to an employee. Are they downplaying this? Is it Right to use government resources when involved in personal disputes? Why wouldn't they give the names?

    Think about if your neighbor worked for the FED. Started some issue with you and you are able to aptly handle it.....then they cry wolf and threat. Now a Security team shows up. Do a little intimidating and maybe give one a message. What would you do? Or how would you handle it. Especially if the FED employee is the instigator? What say ye?

  2. #2
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,294

    Re: Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Members of a Secret Service special unit responsible for patrolling near the White House were pulled off that assignment over at least two months in 2011 to protect the assistant of the agency's director while she was engaged in a dispute with a neighbor, according to a report in The Washington Post.

    The agents were pulled from a surveillance team that patrols the outskirts of the White House compound and monitors the southern side of the executive mansion whenever crowds gather to watch the president and first family travel via motorcade or helicopter, the Post reported.

    Agents inside the Washington field office were concerned that the diversion of agents increased security risks to the compound and the president, two people familiar with the discussion told the newspaper. A spokesman for the agency told the Post that the agents involved were not part of the president's protective detail and therefore the operation had no impact on it.

    Called "Operation Moonlight" within the agency, the assignment that summer of 2011 called for two agents twice a day, in the morning and at night, to monitor the home of his assistant, the Post reported. The residence was in rural area outside the southern Maryland town of La Plata, nearly an hour's drive from Washington.

    Two agents put on Operation Moonlight thought the reassignment was a potentially illegal use of government resources and were concerned enough about their own liability that they kept records of their involvement and their superiors' instructions, the Post reported. Some informed the inspector general for the Homeland Security Department about the operation, the newspaper said.

    White House spokesman Jay Carney said the White House was not aware of the allegations involving the president's protection and referred questions to the Secret Service, according to the Post.....snip~

    Report: Govt. agents protected director's aide


    According to Secret Service they knew and its SOP if they think there is a threat to an employee. Are they downplaying this? Is it Right to use government resources when involved in personal disputes? Why wouldn't they give the names?

    Think about if your neighbor worked for the FED. Started some issue with you and you are able to aptly handle it.....then they cry wolf and threat. Now a Security team shows up. Do a little intimidating and maybe give one a message. What would you do? Or how would you handle it. Especially if the FED employee is the instigator? What say ye?
    Doesn't sound good. Feds had no business interfering. Heads should roll.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Doesn't sound good. Feds had no business interfering. Heads should roll.
    Mornin' DF. Operation Moonlight.....but they say it didn't go on to long. I was wondering why the Post was looking into it, myself.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

    This is just another tiny example of how this regime acts with contempt towards citizens and those outside the beltway who only matter if they are taking an entitlement and voting properly with the fascist. Think about the precedent set. Want to protest the fascist and his / her security detail you pay for will show up and put down the uprising. Each day there seems to be more and more abuse, lies and inept failures by this regime.


    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin' DF. Operation Moonlight.....but they say it didn't go on to long. I was wondering why the Post was looking into it, myself.

  5. #5
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    This is just another tiny example of how this regime acts with contempt towards citizens and those outside the beltway who only matter if they are taking an entitlement and voting properly with the fascist. Think about the precedent set. Want to protest the fascist and his / her security detail you pay for will show up and put down the uprising. Each day there seems to be more and more abuse, lies and inept failures by this regime.
    Is that from Rush, Hannity or Savage?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

    I don't listen to them so you tell me? What's the point? Why dont you defend your beloved regime if it's so great?


    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Is that from Rush, Hannity or Savage?

  7. #7
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I don't listen to them so you tell me? What's the point? Why dont you defend your beloved regime if it's so great?
    I was trying to remember which radio/Fox blowhard used the term 'regime' for our government. Maybe a couple of them do. Such sophomoric demonization. People should go live under an actual regime, to get some perspective.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I was trying to remember which radio/Fox blowhard used the term 'regime' for our government. Maybe a couple of them do. Such sophomoric demonization. People should go live under an actual regime, to get some perspective.
    Oh, and do you actually think those from the Left could actually handle living under one? Cmon.....think about the Touchy feely that just would have a major meltdown. Especially those of the LGBT community. It would damn near be a death sentence for them.

    They can barely handle things here.....let alone trying to deal with those that don't give a **** about how they think feel or Cry and Whine.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Govt. agents protected Director's Aide....

    By all means feel free to move. I suppose you are still free to as long as you pay the regime. Why does the word bother you so much? In love with it? Dependent on it? Which one? It has all the makings of a regime, and to say it's not one is partisan hackery.


    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I was trying to remember which radio/Fox blowhard used the term 'regime' for our government. Maybe a couple of them do. Such sophomoric demonization. People should go live under an actual regime, to get some perspective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •