Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

  1. #21
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    why should i have to accept that any more than they accept restricted areas of public land? i want to go muddin', and their back yards look like a great place to do it. i bet my Jeep would kick ass in their back yards.
    Well, you don't, but if you do, there could be some risk involved.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Close it to vehicles.
    therefore, the protest was about where it would be legal to drive vehicles.

    Not about any real civil liberties.
    Keep telling yourself that... It's always easiest to win debates when you can make up your own facts.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Yes, I understand the issue, the BLM or gubbermint is trying to protect and conserve artifacts, while riders of ATV's don't care what they tear up, after all, it's not their property, the artifacts belonged to Native Americans, why would they care?
    Does anyone really care?

  4. #24
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Does anyone really care?
    Someone does.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Someone does.
    Who really cares about old **** that is of no use to anyone?

    It's always fun to say I care to make yourself seem all noble and ****, but in reality you don't care.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Keep telling yourself that... It's always easiest to win debates when you can make up your own facts.
    You are demonstrating that making up one's own facts just makes your argument look silly. The facts are that the protesters are protesting an area having been closed to vehicle traffic, and not any civil liberties. That is a fact that I didn't make up, but got from the OP.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #27
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Who really cares about old **** that is of no use to anyone?

    It's always fun to say I care to make yourself seem all noble and ****, but in reality you don't care.
    You. Noble.

    Priceless.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Well, you don't, but if you do, there could be some risk involved.
    i'm probably a better shot than they are. perhaps we can have some big stupid standoff about it. MUDDIN' 4 FREEDOM the communist edition, tonight on MSNBC. followed by some hack who shouts at Republicans, and then celebrity prison sex.

    i hate this hyperpartisan nonsense more than i can express in one post. thanks for letting me vent.

  9. #29
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,008

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Not four wheelers! They might make tracks and stuff.

    How is it anarchy if people ride their four wheelers around?
    You really have not looked into long term problems ATV can cause. Tracks can increase soil errosiion. Tracks can allow access to arch sites which can lead to looting of such sites. Do you understand the challenges a land management agency faces in trying to balance all the use demands for the land?

    Riding four wheelers in inself does not make anarchy. Riding four wheelers in restricted areas is against the laws/regs.

    imo, the atv riders are in the wrong. There are better ways to make your concerns known.

  10. #30
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Another BLM protest: 4 wheelers driven in restricted area

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i'm probably a better shot than they are. perhaps we can have some big stupid standoff about it. MUDDIN' 4 FREEDOM the communist edition, tonight on MSNBC. followed by some hack who shouts at Republicans, and then celebrity prison sex.

    i hate this hyperpartisan nonsense more than i can express in one post. thanks for letting me vent.
    Fox is covering the story too, but carefully omitting the part about making Native Americans offended.

    Utah residents become next to confront Bureau of Land Management, in growing debate | Fox News

    Earlier this week, two men wearing hooded sweatshirts brandished a handgun at a BLM worker driving an agency vehicle, holding up a sign that read, “You need to die.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •