Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 674

Thread: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

  1. #441
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Five straight 1,000-yard seasons before he hit the 1,500-carry plateau* and started getting hurt all the time. Low YPC guy, but he was a pile mover.



    He made the Pro Bowl 9 times, his career Approximate Value (as per profootball-reference.com) is 145, good for 66th all-time. And he was an awesome punt returner. I'm not sure who "they" are and how good they said Tim Brown was going to be, but Brown was absolutely awesome.



    Testaverde kinda got thrown to the wolves on a terrible Buccaneers team, and because of his late start (he was a rookie at 24) and criminal lack of support from the Bucs and Browns, he was 32 before he was worth a damn. The Browns first year as the Ravens, he threw 33 TDs to 19 picks. And he had one VERY good year with the Jets. He was never great, but he was always OK enough to justify employing him.

    Flutie got screwed. Nobody would give him a chance to play because he was too small. When he came back to the NFL, he led my Bills to the playoffs twice. And then got benched for Rob Johnson in the playoffs. We all know how that worked out.


    * -- Generally speaking, I give most running backs about 1,500 carries before they start running out of gas. The guys who don't are the ones who are truly special.
    I'm a lifelong Giants fan. No self respecting Giants fan thinks Hampton lived up to expectations.

    I loved Testaverde. Flutie I just resented because Kosar should have won the Heisman that year.

  2. #442
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    738

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    I don't listen to a lot of NFL shows, so maybe I'm wrong but I think Tebow hate wasn't due to be Christian, but how much the media rode how great he was and how he was such a great guy because he was a Christian. Combined with a ton of hype.

    If I recall Warner and Ray Lewis were pretty religious and no-one cared.

  3. #443
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm a lifelong Giants fan. No self respecting Giants fan thinks Hampton lived up to expectations.

    I loved Testaverde. Flutie I just resented because Kosar should have won the Heisman that year.
    Flutie won the Heisman because of one play.

    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #444
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    1.)In order for me to buy your version of reality, you'll have to prove that homosexuality issues have ever caused discriminatory practices in the NFL. Do you have an article or case that says gay football players were not allowed to play in the past because of their sexuality. If you got nothing... then you got nothing here either.
    LMAO its not "my" version its the facts, nobody honest and educated would ever say gays have equal rights in this country and arent discriminated against. There have even been reports of players having issues when there were RUMORS of them being gay and just recently people have commented on how a gay player would upset the chemistry of the team, google is your friend, also check out real sports

    denying these facts just further shows how quickly your argument fails
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #445
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Who is "we"?
    The man's name is Tebow, not Tebo.

    What do the sexual preferences of NFL fans have to do with Tebow?
    BAM dodged AGAIN lol

    we is the multiple posters that proved your statement wrong
    why don't you answer the questions? its because they prove you factually wrong.

    let us know when you can support your failed and destroyed claims thank you. who wants to bet the questions are dodged again?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #446
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LMAO its not "my" version its the facts, nobody honest and educated would ever say gays have equal rights in this country and arent discriminated against. There have even been reports of players having issues when there were RUMORS of them being gay and just recently people have commented on how a gay player would upset the chemistry of the team, google is your friend, also check out real sports

    denying these facts just further shows how quickly your argument fails
    Now your changing what I said. I did not claim that there was not discrimination in this country. I said an example of the nfl discriminating against players. We had agreed on a previous thread that no one can control an individuals thoughts, therefore I'm looking for league actions. You claimed that the sexuality of this guy was important in this venue in order to overcome discrimination. I'm asking you to tell me what needs to be overcome. specifically what league policy or act needs overcoming? Now if you got nothing, then I cannot accept that sexuality issues have a place in the NFL draft coverage.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  7. #447
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    1.)Now your changing what I said. I did not claim that there was not discrimination in this country.
    2.)I said an example of the nfl discriminating against players.
    3.)We had agreed on a previous thread that no one can control an individuals thoughts, therefore I'm looking for league actions.
    4.) You claimed that the sexuality of this guy was important in this venue in order to overcome discrimination.
    5.)I'm asking you to tell me what needs to be overcome. specifically what league policy or act needs overcoming? Now if you got nothing, then I cannot accept that sexuality issues have a place in the NFL draft coverage.
    1.) i didnt change ANYTHING of what you said, i simply stuck to what i have been saying and what the reality is. nice try though.
    2.) and i told you where to look, Google is your friend for fast results look to the gay NFL players that came out AFTER they retired or couldnt play anymore, start there
    but REGARDLESS of your concerns, they dont changes facts and reality.
    3.) i agree and if thats what you want go look for it in the places i suggested im not doing it for you because teaching you reality is of no interest to me. You could go on believing gay in the NFL isnt an issue and never was, it wont change the facts at all.
    4.) again this isnt my calim its reality and facts. I dont have an articles on hand about women either bit when one becomes president that will factually be a mile stone and a overcoming od discrimaintion lol
    5.) and i have already answered. Reality. I didnt say there was a policy please try to stay on topic and not make up failed strawmen it only worsens your unsupportable claims lol
    6.) you dont have to accept facts, they exist without you, this is another fact you dont understand lol even NFL members disagree with you, that alone proves you wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #448
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Now your changing what I said. I did not claim that there was not discrimination in this country. I said an example of the nfl discriminating against players. We had agreed on a previous thread that no one can control an individuals thoughts, therefore I'm looking for league actions. You claimed that the sexuality of this guy was important in this venue in order to overcome discrimination. I'm asking you to tell me what needs to be overcome. specifically what league policy or act needs overcoming? Now if you got nothing, then I cannot accept that sexuality issues have a place in the NFL draft coverage.
    It's not a league policy, it's the mindset of the players. There's no rule against NFL players being gay and there never was. Acceptance by one's teammates (and the organizations themselves) is the issue.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #449
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) i didnt change ANYTHING of what you said, i simply stuck to what i have been saying and what the reality is. nice try though.
    2.) and i told you where to look, Google is your friend for fast results look to the gay NFL players that came out AFTER they retired or couldnt play anymore, start there
    but REGARDLESS of your concerns, they dont changes facts and reality.
    3.) i agree and if thats what you want go look for it in the places i suggested im not doing it for you because teaching you reality is of no interest to me. You could go on believing gay in the NFL isnt an issue and never was, it wont change the facts at all.
    4.) again this isnt my calim its reality and facts. I dont have an articles on hand about women either bit when one becomes president that will factually be a mile stone and a overcoming od discrimaintion lol
    5.) and i have already answered. Reality. I didnt say there was a policy please try to stay on topic and not make up failed strawmen it only worsens your unsupportable claims lol
    6.) you dont have to accept facts, they exist without you, this is another fact you dont understand lol even NFL members disagree with you, that alone proves you wrong.
    Your complete and utter failure to cite one example shows that you have been defeated here.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  10. #450
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It's not a league policy, it's the mindset of the players. There's no rule against NFL players being gay and there never was. Acceptance by one's teammates (and the organizations themselves) is the issue.
    If that's the issue, how, pray tell, does sexuality within draft coverage have anything to do with that? Acceptance will be had on the feild with tackles, sacks and interceptions. It's football. That's it.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •