Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 674

Thread: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

  1. #261
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Where is your evidence that there is no evidence?
    This is signature material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I'm not the one trying to prove a book of fairy tales is the real deal. I'm not that foolish.

    There is no proof. The reason is simple. It doesn't exist. There isn't one single fact that proves the bible is from God. Not one.
    Well maybe I'm catching the end of this. To be honest with you, I don't know that everything in the Bible is accurate, although I think some of it, in particular some of the words that were attributed to Jesus are indeed true. I believe that it's certain at the very least he said something like that. Some of what is in the Bible I don't understand at all. But I might be arguing something different, because what I'm saying is that you can't make the absolute statement that there is no evidence of the existence of God.

    Please forgive me if you or the other person meant something else.

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    This is signature material.
    I hope so.

  4. #264
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    But that's your sense and logic. As a biologist I could apply the logic that homosexual sex is detrimental to the population advancing itself and is a form of sexual dysfunction at the psychological/social level. Would I be right, would you be wrong? You claim that believing that homosexuality is a sin causes harm, how so? How does believing something harm someone? Your ideals are based on your own experiences and your own relative train of thought. That's fine, but someone else's relative ideas are equal to yours in the absence of a higher authority. Someone could argue that being gay (gay males) have higher rates of HIV transmission and that harms the population by having a population have risky sexual activity that spreads infection of an expensive and deadly illness. The reason why relative morals fail is that they can conflict and both beliefs cannot be both right and wrong.

    You as an individual have no authority to pronounce something as sin or say something else is immoral, your ideas and logic/common sense that being gay harms no one and that simply believing that homosexuality is wrong is immoral is your own and really holds no weight compared to what any other random person thinks. The issue is that there is a higher authority that pronounces it wrong. Homosexual sex isn't a sin because digsbe says so, it's a sin because God does and digsbe accepts that fact instead of trying to deny it or rationalize around it. To claim I'm wrong would mean to prove that God isn't real or that the Biblical God is false or prove theologically that the Bible doesn't say homosexuality is sin and the belief we take from that is made in error.
    First off, all of your other arguments are wrong and nonsense. If humans today have a population problem, it would be that we have too many people. And hetero people have much more anal sex than gay men. That's just how the numbers play out. The safest sex on the planet is between two monogamous women.

    But the core of your post is the part in bold. I'll say what I said to Logicman, you have no proof that the Bible is the word of God. And no, the Bible saying that it is the word of God is not proof that it is, in fact, the word of God. When it comes down to it you are taking another person's word on what they say is the word of God. Whether it be your parents, your pastor, or the people, yes people, who wrote the book thousands of years ago. God did not come down and speak to you, you are basing your beliefs on what other people have said. That is the simple truth of the matter.
    Last edited by Your Star; 05-11-14 at 10:57 PM.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #265
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    But I might be arguing something different, because what I'm saying is that you can't make the absolute statement that there is no evidence of the existence of God.
    I most certainly can and do. Show me evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Sorry, I think I made a wrong turn. I was looking for a thread about Michael Sam.

  7. #267
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,690

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    (To digsbe) I'll say what I said to Logicman, you have no proof that the Bible is the word of God. .. That is the simple truth of the matter.
    You're dead wrong. We have the fulfilled Messianic prophecies of Jesus at a rate way, way higher than chance. That's the signature of God.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  8. #268
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    You're dead wrong. We have the fulfilled Messianic prophecies of Jesus at a rate way, way higher than chance. That's the signature of God.
    No, that's what you believe, but in no way is any of that proven..
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #269
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,075

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    You're dead wrong. We have the fulfilled Messianic prophecies of Jesus at a rate way, way higher than chance. That's the signature of God.
    Please tell us what some of these prophecies are.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-09-15 @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,023

    re: Rams select Michael Sam, NFL's first openly gay player [W:282]

    Well now, the good news for Sam is that he is guaranteed a roster spot with the Rams.........if they cut him they will be pilloried by the 'progressives'........its obvious that the NFL/ESPN coalition wanted to make this happen.....and happen it will. Repeatedly showing a 7th round pick kissing his 'boyfriend' is all the evidence you need here......he was a few picks away from being "Mr. Irrelevant"........but now we will be subjected to Michael Sam stories until we all puke.

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •