Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 183

Thread: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

  1. #161
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Obviously he and we did, otherwise we wouldnt know it's a useless support for your argument.
    Unless you have read all the exchanges between us, in all threads, you probably wouldn't understand the reference.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #162
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Unless you have read all the exchanges between us, in all threads, you probably wouldn't understand the reference.
    no they get it just fine
    theres nothign you have posted or can post that supports your failed strawman and claim. Nice try though lol
    If you disagree simply prove this fact wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Obviously he and we did, otherwise we wouldnt know it's a useless support for your argument.
    Also, reread the arguments. That was a post to the challenge from rogue nuke to "Prove that any same sex couple has ever tried to force a church or clergy member to perform a wedding/marriage ceremony for them against church doctrine in the US. I dare you." It was not presented as a argument but a response.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #164
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    can a ordained minster be forced to perform a ceremony, one who has received his certificate online?.....even though that person has ever entered a church?
    I don't know, can they?

    As far as I've found, they can't be. I used an ordained online minister for my wedding. She was a Navy wife who used her "clergy" status to earn extra money for her and her husband (a position that I completely understood, having been a sailor myself at the time). Pretty sure she could have turned me down for whatever reason she wanted to.

    Is there any proof/evidence that any of these types of ministers have been successfully sued for turning down a person in performing their wedding ceremony?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #165
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Also, reread the arguments. That was a post to the challenge from rogue nuke to "Prove that any same sex couple has ever tried to force a church or clergy member to perform a wedding/marriage ceremony for them against church doctrine in the US. I dare you." It was not presented as a argument but a response.
    And the response failed since I clearly requested evidence that it was happening in the US.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #166
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    No, I just don't a **** that it does. It's a conflict between the "rights" of the two groups. Since millions have been killed and have fought to support freedom of religion and not for homosexual "rights", I side with the side that has earned it through blood and toil.

    So you don't really support "religious freedom", it's more like "I support freedom for the religion I agree with".


    Maybe it's not such a good thing to try to hide behind "religious freedom" when you don't really support it.



    >>>>

  7. #167
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I don't know, can they?

    As far as I've found, they can't be. I used an ordained online minister for my wedding. She was a Navy wife who used her "clergy" status to earn extra money for her and her husband (a position that I completely understood, having been a sailor myself at the time). Pretty sure she could have turned me down for whatever reason she wanted to.

    Is there any proof/evidence that any of these types of ministers have been successfully sued for turning down a person in performing their wedding ceremony?
    yes, i can be a minster from online...never entering a church, and have power to marry people...under the law i stated....as an individual i can be forced to perform a ceremony [a service]......as far as being forced...[it will come to pass]

  8. #168
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    yes, i can be a minster from online...never entering a church, and have power to marry people...under the law i stated....as an individual i can be forced to perform a ceremony [a service]......as far as being forced...[it will come to pass]
    Prove that you can be forced to perform a ceremony. Show me a case in the US where such a minister was forced to perform a ceremony against their beliefs/desires/will.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #169
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    WorldWatcher in the post that that was in response to clearly indicated that there was, in his opinion. My response was in relation to that post.

    Worldwatcher did no such thing.


    There is no "conflict of rights by government recognition of Same-sex Civil Marriage". The problem isn't government recognition of SSCM, it's with Public Accommodation laws.

    You realize that all the last major cases that concern Same-sex Marriage (Not SSCM) were in States that didn't have Same-sex Civil Marriage. Sweetcakes by Melissa (Oregon), Elane Photogrpahy (New Mexico) and Masterpiece Cakes (Colorado) were all in States without SSCM. The problem is Public Accommodation laws that usurp the right of property and freedom of association for private businesses.

    Unlike you that only supports Freedom of Religion for the religion you agree with, I support it for all. I also support the repeal of Public Accommodation laws as they apply to private businesses. PA laws should only apply to government entities as to the goods and services they provide and limit them from purchasing goods and services or contracting with businesses that operate under a discriminatory business model.


    >>>>

  10. #170
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,019

    Re: Arkansas judge strikes down gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Also, reread the arguments. That was a post to the challenge from rogue nuke to "Prove that any same sex couple has ever tried to force a church or clergy member to perform a wedding/marriage ceremony for them against church doctrine in the US. I dare you." It was not presented as a argument but a response.
    Er, did you read what you wrote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •