Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 633

Thread: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

  1. #581
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What contract did Bundy sign?

    If this is your argument, why stop at student loans? Why not make the argument that none of us should have to pay our mortgages back because Bundy grazes his cattle on govermment land?
    A contract does not have to be written down and signed. Learn about the law before posting about the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #582
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,589

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Well, if they have an enforcable contract that he signed agreeing to pay them $x per year, then they should go after him as any lender would. I was addressing the notion that the student loan holders should be off the hook because nobody has done anything to Bundy. As I said, I don't really care one way or another about him.
    There is a contract, just as any user of public lands has a contract. Yes, they should go after him. The student loan holders also have contracts, and shouldn't be off the hook. No, if the government doesn't hold Bundy to a contract, then that doesn't mean that they can't hole the student loan holders to theirs. Contracts don't work that way, so you have a good point.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #583
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Absolutely, but what does that have to do with Bundy?
    lol why do you care if only some people carry their weight? How about everyone does?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #584
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol why do you care if only some people carry their weight? How about everyone does?
    No clue what this means, or where you got that from my posts.

  5. #585
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What contract did Bundy sign?
    The fact that he did not sign a contract does not mean he is not stealing. At the end of the day, Bundy is taking something that does not belong to him.

    Can I enter classrooms at the University of Texas at Arlington to study for a degree. Then refuse to leave, and also refuse to pay tuition because I never signed a "contract"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Contracts don't work that way, so you have a good point.
    Or, better yet, can I just start to commercially harvest lumber from the Sam Houston National forest and refuse to pay the assosciated user fees for those recesources. After all, I never signed a "contract"- right?
    Last edited by Cryptic; 06-29-14 at 12:37 PM.

  6. #586
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    The fact that he did not sign a contract does not mean he is not stealing. At the end of the day, Bundy is taking something that does not belong to him.

    Can I enter classrooms at the University of Texas at Arlington to study for a degree. Then refuse to leave, and also refuse to pay tuition because I never signed a "contract"?
    You can go to UT if you want, and then refuse to leave and not pay your tuition. If you say "I'm here because of Clive Bundy", let me know how it works out.

    If you're asking why nobody has done anything about Bundy, you're asking the wrong person. Ask your congressional rep. I'm not with the government.

  7. #587
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You can go to UT if you want, and then refuse to leave and not pay your tuition. If you say "I'm here because of Clive Bundy", let me know how it works out.
    I imagine I would be laughed at- then arrested.

    I would also bet that thousands of enraged right wingers would assume that I was a leftist freeloader, and would call for my head. Of course, right wing free loaders are an entirely different matter...

  8. #588
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    There is a contract, just as any user of public lands has a contract. Yes, they should go after him. The student loan holders also have contracts, and shouldn't be off the hook. No, if the government doesn't hold Bundy to a contract, then that doesn't mean that they can't hole the student loan holders to theirs. Contracts don't work that way, so you have a good point.
    Well damn, i may start supporting bundy then, I hate my student loan payments

  9. #589
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    I imagine I would be laughed at- then arrested.

    I would also bet that thousands of enraged right wingers would assume that I was a leftist freeloader, and would call for my head. Of course, right wing free loaders are an entirely different matter...
    I don't know of many right wingers who think we should en masse decline paying back our contractual debts.

  10. #590
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,940

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    The fact that he did not sign a contract does not mean he is not stealing. At the end of the day, Bundy is taking something that does not belong to him.

    Can I enter classrooms at the University of Texas at Arlington to study for a degree. Then refuse to leave, and also refuse to pay tuition because I never signed a "contract"?
    I don't know how it works at UT-Arlington, but at other institutions, attendance is checked at least for the first few weeks, and if a student isn't on the roster, he/she can't remain in class. If the student refused to leave, the campus cops would haul him off. And students are dropped for non-payment.

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •