Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 633

Thread: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

  1. #571
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Do you have a link to that. I thought the US annexed AZ, CA, NM, etc. after trumped up charges by president Polk that led to the Mexican American war??
    You say toe-mah-toe and I say toe-may-toe

    Mexican Cession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    However, Bundy's family didn't arrive in the area until after the Mexican Cession so his claim that his family's presence there preceded US ownership of the land is nothing but a lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #572
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Absolutely, but what does that have to do with Bundy?
    Because both are cut from the exact same mold. They only have a difference in political flavor. Please, look at the core issues:

    -Both have chosen to use public recesources (tuition and pasturage)
    -Both have attempted to self exempt themselves from paying for those recesources
    -Both claim to have some kind of mystical "right" to receive things for free

    Once again, the only difference is that Bundy is right wing and uses right wing ideaology to justify his theft. Thus, he is "sexy" to some people on account of that.
    No doubt, other people find the leftist Occupiers "sexy" because they use leftist talking points.

    As for me, I dont have patience for either Bundy or the Occupiers.

  3. #573
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You say toe-mah-toe and I say toe-may-toe

    Mexican Cession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    However, Bundy's family didn't arrive in the area until after the Mexican Cession so his claim that his family's presence there preceded US ownership of the land is nothing but a lie.
    I see, a forced surrender of the lands, having defeated them militarily with the US assuming 15 million worth of mexican debt to the citizens. A "technical" purchase! There was quite a few politicians at the time that wanted to see the US grab all the way to Mexico City!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #574
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Because both are cut from the exact same mold. They only have a difference in political flavor. Please, look at the core issues:

    -Both have chosen to use public recesources (tuition and pasturage)
    -Both have attempted to self exempt themselves from paying for those recesources
    -Both claim to have some kind of mystical "right" to receive things for free

    Once again, the only difference is that Bundy is right wing and uses right wing ideaology to justify his theft. Thus, he is "sexy" to some people on account of that.
    No doubt, other people find the leftist Occupiers "sexy" because they use leftist talking points.

    As for me, I dont have patience for either Bundy or the Occupiers.
    People are contractually obligated to pay back their student loans. They signed the promissory note. Not the same situation as Bundy; in fact, it's not even in the same ballpark.

  5. #575
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I see, a forced surrender of the lands, having defeated them militarily with the US assuming 15 million worth of mexican debt to the citizens. A "technical" purchase! There was quite a few politicians at the time that wanted to see the US grab all the way to Mexico City!!
    All of that is true, but irrelevant to whether Bundy should pay grazing fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #576
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    People are contractually obligated to pay back their student loans. They signed the promissory note. Not the same situation as Bundy; in fact, it's not even in the same ballpark.
    No, it is the exact same ball park. When Bundy places his property (cattle) on public pasturage, he is contractually obligated to pay for that pasturage. In fact, he cant place his cattle there legally with out first entering into a contract.

    Unlike the Occupiers, Bundy's form theft allows him to occupy the pasturage with out paying for it. Meanwhile, the poor lerftist Occupiers are at a disadvantage because they generally cant get accepted into a University with out having the tuition up front.

    Wait a minute, what if the Occupiers pull a "Bundy"- Occupy the classrooms of a public university, threaten violence if they are ordered to leave, and then consume that recesource with out paying for it.... .?

  7. #577
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    No, it is the exact same ball park. When Bundy places his property (cattle) on public pasturage, he is contractually obligated to pay for that pasturage. In fact, he cant place his cattle there legally with out first entering into a contract.

    Unlike the Occupiers, Bundy's form theft allows him to occupy the pasturage with out paying for it. Meanwhile, the poor lerftist Occupiers are at a disadvantage because they generally cant get accepted into a University with out having the tuition up front.

    Wait a minute, what if the Occupiers pull a "Bundy"- Occupy the classrooms of a public university, threaten violence if they are ordered to leave, and then consume that recesource with out paying for it.... .?
    What contract did Bundy sign?

    If this is your argument, why stop at student loans? Why not make the argument that none of us should have to pay our mortgages back because Bundy grazes his cattle on govermment land?

  8. #578
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    All of that is true, but irrelevant to whether Bundy should pay grazing fees.
    Agreed.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #579
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    People are contractually obligated to pay back their student loans. They signed the promissory note. Not the same situation as Bundy; in fact, it's not even in the same ballpark.
    He did contract to pay his grazing fees.

    He's like all of the freeloaders in the country, from the welfare queens to the corporate takers of bailouts. He's really no different from a renter who won't pay rent and is fighting eviction.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #580
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    He did contract to pay his grazing fees.

    He's like all of the freeloaders in the country, from the welfare queens to the corporate takers of bailouts. He's really no different from a renter who won't pay rent and is fighting eviction.


    Well, if they have an enforcable contract that he signed agreeing to pay them $x per year, then they should go after him as any lender would. I was addressing the notion that the student loan holders should be off the hook because nobody has done anything to Bundy. As I said, I don't really care one way or another about him.

Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •