Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 633

Thread: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

  1. #451
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We actually know that he's not part of any of the militia groups at the Bundy ranch. He said so in an interview someone else posted earlier.

    When you aren't operating under orders, you are personally liable for everything you do. These militia were not called to muster and are not operating under a proper authority, so they are not more than armed protesters, each individually liable for what they do.
    I thought those people believed that the militia was anyone who had a weapon and knew how to use it.

    The lack of a muster, or proper authority means that they weren't a "well-ordered militia".
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I thought those people believed that the militia was anyone who had a weapon and knew how to use it.
    There's a diference between being a militia member and acting within a militia unit. You're a member of this forum, that doesn't mean everything you do online is as a member of this forum. Even DP staff members have to be acting within the scope of their duty and with the Admin's consent in order to be acting as DP.

    Likewise, just because you're a member of the militia doesn't mean everything you do is under the umbrella of the militia. Militias are activated by the Governor for spicific events and then disbanded. These militias are at best operating outside the scope of their general gun saftey education mission, and at worse are insurectionists.

  3. #453
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I thought those people believed that the militia was anyone who had a weapon and knew how to use it.

    The lack of a muster, or proper authority means that they weren't a "well-ordered militia".
    IMO the militia? is a loosely formed group of people, who might be quite well disorganized, and I'd almost bet that only about 1/2 that showed for the Bundy cause even knew why they went there in the first place. All they probably knew is that they were going there to show support against their gubbermint, the one they hate so much, but will at the drop of a hat wrap themselves in a amuricun flag and claim to be patriots.

    Hell, don't those people have jobs, or are they sucking off the gubbermint teet like Bundy?

  4. #454
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,335

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We actually know that he's not part of any of the militia groups at the Bundy ranch. He said so in an interview someone else posted earlier.

    When you aren't operating under orders, you are personally liable for everything you do. These militia were not called to muster and are not operating under a proper authority, so they are not more than armed protesters, each individually liable for what they do.
    No doubt...But surely you can see the broader picture of what I am talking about...If someone broke the law in this incident then by all means charge them, and take it to court, but what I am talking about it whether or not this guy is even part of it.

    I find it funny that although there were supposedly lots of people with guns at that standoff, the only pic was of this guy from several angles. Then as soon as the ONE pic is displayed, all the usual people come in talking that 'militia this, militia that' BS, and we don't even know who this guy is. And even when it is pointed out, as you did for me, that this guy was interviewed and says himself that he is NOT part of a militia, they just ignore that and keep going with the lie.

    I understand your point Jerry, but it is really secondary to the point I am making..
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #455
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,335

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    IMO the militia? is a loosely formed group of people, who might be quite well disorganized, and I'd almost bet that only about 1/2 that showed for the Bundy cause even knew why they went there in the first place. All they probably knew is that they were going there to show support against their gubbermint, the one they hate so much, but will at the drop of a hat wrap themselves in a amuricun flag and claim to be patriots.

    Hell, don't those people have jobs, or are they sucking off the gubbermint teet like Bundy?
    Ah yes JM....I guess it's human nature to slander what we are afraid of eh?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #456
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    IMO the militia? is a loosely formed group of people, who might be quite well disorganized, and I'd almost bet that only about 1/2 that showed for the Bundy cause even knew why they went there in the first place. All they probably knew is that they were going there to show support against their gubbermint, the one they hate so much, but will at the drop of a hat wrap themselves in a amuricun flag and claim to be patriots.

    Hell, don't those people have jobs, or are they sucking off the gubbermint teet like Bundy?
    What would make you think they don't have jobs?

    By the way, Bundy has a job too. He's a cattle rancher. That pays his bills. You must be confusing him with people who take welfare checks & Medicaid from the gubbermint teet.

  7. #457
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What would make you think they don't have jobs?

    By the way, Bundy has a job too. He's a cattle rancher. That pays his bills. You must be confusing him with people who take welfare checks & Medicaid from the gubbermint teet.
    Sure it does. except his grazing fees.

  8. #458
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Sure it does. except his grazing fees.
    So he owes fees. Everyone knows that.

    Why do you hate people who live courtesy of the gubbermint?

  9. #459
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Were there shots fired? The right to bear arms doesnt exclude a protest; a sit in if you will. By that logic, you would have had Rosa Parks thrown in the slammer.
    We must have different history books... I don't recall Rosa threatening violence or being armed. Now because the LAW was as it was she WAS arrested. That arrest was contested in COURT and set in motion the changing of those LAWS.

    Democracy rather than mobacracy in action...

  10. #460
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute[W:338]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    So he owes fees. Everyone knows that. Why do you hate people who live courtesy of the gubbermint?
    Such a CON dodge- he owes fees is but a small part of it. He is grazing land that is closed to grazing. No more hate for this lying thief as any other. He wouldn't owe 90% of what he does if he had, please pay attention to this part- if he had just obeyed the law!!!!

    Wearing a cowboy hat and lying about the past doesn't give you a pass.

Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •