Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: Russian Bombers Buzz California[W:21:34]

  1. #71
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Russian Bombers Buzz California[W:21:34]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    U2's were decommissioned 35+ years ago....
    That's nonsense. The U2 Spy Plane: Still Going Strong, Still Terrifying to Fly | Autopia | WIRED

    When the Lockheed U-2 first took to the air in 1955, it was a fragile, hard-to-maneuver beast good for one thing—snapping photos from more than 70,000 feet overhead. The U-2 is still a fragile, hard-to-*maneuver beast, but it still flies plenty of missions, because the alternatives aren’t great. Satellites can drift half a planet away from their targets, and the only comparable drone, the Global Hawk, cannot *manage the same kind of payload, sensor capability, or altitude. That doesn’t mean engineers haven’t made a few improvements to the U-2 though. Today it has a 40 percent larger airframe, a more efficient engine, and a computerized instrument panel. Plus, pilots no longer fly with cyanide pills in case of capture.
    Besides which, I've watched them take off from Beale AFB for nearly 20 years, and with a pair of binoculars, I can actually watch them taxi on the tarmac at Beale.

    This link shows a photo of a U2 taking off from Beale... http://airman.dodlive.mil/2012/09/u-2-above-all/

    Next time you feel the urge to post something totally off-the-wall, do yourself a favor and Google it first.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Russian Bombers Buzz California

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I thought Reagan helped kill the USSR by making them spend too much on defense? Getting Putin to waste money on foolish posturing is the same thing.
    I was not talking about Putin-I was talking about Obama-the chump in chief.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Russian Bombers Buzz California[W:21:34]

    ...and have been for a looooooong time. It's called "command of the sea". Anyone think we've given that up is fooling themselves.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Russian Bombers Buzz California

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    It seems so.

    And I don't see another Reagan coming off the plains to end it.

    Russia and China both see Obama as a weak and inexperienced and are making their moves on the geopolitical chess board and Obama doesn't even know how to play chess.

    Both Obama and Kerry have made a stupid comment that geopolitics ended in the world on January 1st, 2000.

    I saw yesterday that China now has an oil drilling platform in contested territorial waters in the South China Sea.

    China and Russia knows that after five years of Obama changing the mission and culture of the U.S. military and the dismantling of a once powerful military that could deploy hundreds of thousand troops anywhere in the world cant be done today. Todays Obama's PC Navy has problems keeping just two carriers at sea while 1/2 of the Air Force aircraft can't fly because of the lack of maintenance, spare parts and even the lack of fuel not forgetting that Obama grounded 1/3 of all Air Force squadrons.

    Worse case scenario, Obama gets us in a shooting war.

    Chinese ships ram Vietnamese vessels trying to stop oil rig in disputed waters, Vietnam says

    Vietnam: Chinese ships ram vessels near oil rig - US News
    I like how you Right-Wingers keep throwing out this "Obama's perceived as weak by the Russians and Chinese" non-sense out there. If they really believed that, don't you think they've have tried to invade the U.S. by now? Don't you think China would have aligned themselves with NKorea last year when they had the chance w/all of Kim Jung Ill 2's "I'll nuke America" rhetorical non-sense when they had the chance? Don't you think Russia would have sided w/Assad and not even gotten involved with negotiates to get him to destroy his chemical weapons? Wouldn't it have made more sense for Putin to talk Assad into keeping them and using them against us in an all-out invasion?

    If Russia and China really believe our President to be so weak and they alone were so superior, why haven't they attack us yet? The simple answer is they'll never do it alone. They just don't have the means.

    As for your claims of a depleted Air Force/Navy at the Obama Administration's expense, someone clearly hasn't been keeping up with that military aircraft graveyard we maintain in Nevada or the on-going plans to build a joint strike fighter that can be outfitted for use by all four branches of our military to replace our aging air fleet. Or the fact that we've been building better stealth ships with better surface-to-air/surface-to-surface early warning systems for years.

    Just as we mothballed lots of old WWII ships when they became too old and/or our war fighting tactics changed and our military began to upgrade, it's no different today. Out with the old, in with the new. Perhaps you should lay off all the "liberals don't like the military" rhetoric and go get yourself some facts concerning changes in our military readiness.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  5. #75
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,526

    Re: Russian Bombers Buzz California

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I like how you Right-Wingers keep throwing out this "Obama's perceived as weak by the Russians and Chinese" non-sense out there.
    I mean, come on. Is there really any question that Obama is weak? Putin has been walking all over him for years.

    If they really believed that, don't you think they've have tried to invade the U.S. by now?

    Invade the U.S.??? Have you lost all sensibility? You think that they would just invade us if we have a weak President? So, since we haven't been invaded, Obama is not weak? LOL! God the ways that the left will bend and twist logic to try and reason, void of logic, the Obama is doing a good job.
    The guy is gutting our military, those countries know that Obama has severely limited our ability to project power. And they know he wouldn't do anything if we could anyway. The next competent President will have his work cut out for him trying to get our military back to place where they can actually protect us.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Russian Bombers Buzz California

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I mean, come on. Is there really any question that Obama is weak? Putin has been walking all over him for years.




    Invade the U.S.??? Have you lost all sensibility? You think that they would just invade us if we have a weak President? So, since we haven't been invaded, Obama is not weak? LOL! God the ways that the left will bend and twist logic to try and reason, void of logic, the Obama is doing a good job.
    The guy is gutting our military, those countries know that Obama has severely limited our ability to project power. And they know he wouldn't do anything if we could anyway. The next competent President will have his work cut out for him trying to get our military back to place where they can actually protect us.
    But the way you guys talk an invasion is imminent. And by the way, we have just as many military installations (if not more!) around the world today as we had during the Cold War. So, who's really talking hyperbole?

    I'm just saying that if Russia, China, NKorea or even radial Islam really believed our President was that weak they'd have marshaled an invasion force by now. They haven't. So, why should I or anyone else believe this "weakness theory" or rhetoric you guys on the Right keep pushing? Just because you say it often enough it's suppose to be true?

    Now, personally, I say more NATO countries need to be trying to do more to defend themselves. However, I'm rational enough to know that's not going to happen. Nonetheless, would it be the end of the world if a weaker country got picked on and suddenly stood up for itself without America's help? Why you guys seem to think such an act of national self preservation would be a bad thing is beyond me.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  7. #77
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,526

    Re: Russian Bombers Buzz California

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    But the way you guys talk an invasion is imminent. And by the way, we have just as many military installations (if not more!) around the world today as we had during the Cold War. So, who's really talking hyperbole?
    Please, we had an almost 600 ship Navy back then, now we have less than 300 ships. That hurts us.

    I'm just saying that if Russia, China, NKorea or even radial Islam really believed our President was that weak they'd have marshaled an invasion force by now.
    That is a just an absolutely bizarre statement. Invasion? Really? I've never heard anyone ever claim that we would get invaded because our president is so weak as Obama is. I think it would take a little more than that. You are jumping from a gutting of our military power to an invasion. We have plenty of firepower on our own soil. I guess we haven't had a weak President in quite a long while.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Russian Bombers Buzz California

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I like how you Right-Wingers keep throwing out this "Obama's perceived as weak by the Russians and Chinese" non-sense out there. If they really believed that, don't you think they've have tried to invade the U.S. by now? Don't you think China would have aligned themselves with NKorea last year when they had the chance w/all of Kim Jung Ill 2's "I'll nuke America" rhetorical non-sense when they had the chance? Don't you think Russia would have sided w/Assad and not even gotten involved with negotiates to get him to destroy his chemical weapons? Wouldn't it have made more sense for Putin to talk Assad into keeping them and using them against us in an all-out invasion?

    If Russia and China really believe our President to be so weak and they alone were so superior, why haven't they attack us yet? The simple answer is they'll never do it alone. They just don't have the means.

    As for your claims of a depleted Air Force/Navy at the Obama Administration's expense, someone clearly hasn't been keeping up with that military aircraft graveyard we maintain in Nevada or the on-going plans to build a joint strike fighter that can be outfitted for use by all four branches of our military to replace our aging air fleet. Or the fact that we've been building better stealth ships with better surface-to-air/surface-to-surface early warning systems for years.

    Just as we mothballed lots of old WWII ships when they became too old and/or our war fighting tactics changed and our military began to upgrade, it's no different today. Out with the old, in with the new. Perhaps you should lay off all the "liberals don't like the military" rhetoric and go get yourself some facts concerning changes in our military readiness.
    Wait, so the only criteria for if our geopolitical adversaries respect us is if they invade? Wow, thats probably the dumbest thing Ive heard this week.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Russian Bombers Buzz California

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I like how you Right-Wingers keep throwing out this "Obama's perceived as weak by the Russians and Chinese" non-sense out there. If they really believed that, don't you think they've have tried to invade the U.S. by now? Don't you think China would have aligned themselves with NKorea last year when they had the chance w/all of Kim Jung Ill 2's "I'll nuke America" rhetorical non-sense when they had the chance? Don't you think Russia would have sided w/Assad and not even gotten involved with negotiates to get him to destroy his chemical weapons? Wouldn't it have made more sense for Putin to talk Assad into keeping them and using them against us in an all-out invasion?



    If Russia and China really believe our President to be so weak and they alone were so superior, why haven't they attack us yet? The simple answer is they'll never do it alone. They just don't have the means.

    As for your claims of a depleted Air Force/Navy at the Obama Administration's expense, someone clearly hasn't been keeping up with that military aircraft graveyard we maintain in Nevada or the on-going plans to build a joint strike fighter that can be outfitted for use by all four branches of our military to replace our aging air fleet. Or the fact that we've been building better stealth ships with better surface-to-air/surface-to-surface early warning systems for years.

    Just as we mothballed lots of old WWII ships when they became too old and/or our war fighting tactics changed and our military began to upgrade, it's no different today. Out with the old, in with the new. Perhaps you should lay off all the "liberals don't like the military" rhetoric and go get yourself some facts concerning changes in our military readiness.
    Obama being weak, all you have to do is look at Congress and how divided Congress is. A sign of a weak President who lacks leadership and refuses to reach across the ailes. Weak President when in 2009 Obama gave Putin everything he wanted without nothing in exchange. It's called appeasing and Putin and many other world leaders look at as being a pantywaist. Putin don't like weak leaders.

    Putin and China have taken noticed on how the combat readiness of our military has deteriorated under Obama. They noticed that Obama hasn't earned the respect of the military who serve under his command. They notice little things like Obama not trusting Marines and having their bolts removed from their rifles or ammunition being removed from 8th & I or ordering Marines to violate their own regulations having them carry girly umbrellas.

    China or Russia wants to invade America The only country that wants to invade America is Mexico and they have been doing it for some time now. Los Angeles has been under Mexican occupation going on thirty years now.

    BTW: Where is this military aircraft graveyard in Nevada ??? The only military aircraft bone yard I'm aware of is at Davis Monthon AFB outside of Tucson, Az.

    As for the JSF, it the low end of the high end. The high end being the F-22 that Obama canceled the contract and closed down the production line.

    Today the Army has 33 Combat Brigades. Only 3 are classified as being properly trained and equipped and being able to be deployed into combat.

    Obama has problems with just keeping 2 carriers at sea. The 3 surge carriers can't surge.

    Stealth ships ??? Oh you mean the Little Crappy Ship that can't fight. aka LCS

    China is shaking in their boots with the U.S. Navy's "Crappy Little Ship" armed with that big 57 MM gun that doesn't work.

    You are aware that the U.S. Navy's anti ship missiles are all subsonic traveling less than Mach 1 while both Russia's and China's anti ship missiles are super sonic traveling at Mach 2.5 or Mach 3. and both Russia and China have ballistic anti ship missiles in the pipeline.

    Do you understand what geopolitics is ? Putin seems to be a master at it.

    Obama on numerous occasions has said geopolitics is obsolete as of January 1st, 2000. One problem, no other country seems to agree with Obama.

    Obama isn't even playing on the Geopolitical chess board. While Putin is playing chess, Obama is playing checkers or golf.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •