Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #801
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,660

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Not at all. Clinton sent Gore to endorse the Treaty but the treaty is WORTHLESS until it is ratified by the senate and signed by the president. And that happened...never.

    Its really NOT about what the presidents did or did not do. Its about the Global Warming crowd and their tendency to find their voice ONLY when it is a republican in the White House.
    You stated just a few posts ago and I quote....



    Now you are saying he may of signed it but Congress didn't ratify it. Ergo your original statement above is eithr wrong or you were intentionally trying to mislead people. Either way it doesn't matter.

    The idea of relegating climate change to partisan issue is assanine.

    To your point about "junk" science you are fool if you do not believe there is good science backing up AGW. The indication of which dates back to 1883. We know for a FACT that CO2 absorbs long-wave radiation and deflects it back in all directions. Solar radiation is predominantly short wave. Ergo Short wave comes in heats up the earth the earth emits long-wave radiation. The more CO2 in the atmosphere the more heat gets radiated back to the earth. This really is eigth grade science. It is not junk science. It is provable, observable and recreatable.[/QUOTE]But it IS a partisan issue and you know it. Its no different than the gay community getting all up in arms over Mormon opposition to gay marriage but remaining tragically silent when the Conference of Black Ministers announces an open declaration on gay marriage. The Global Warming crowd has been silent for 6 years and will remain so when (as I believe) a democrat is elected in 2016. But should a republican be elected? We will go right back to the protests and demonstrations and demands that we save the planet that we saw for 8 years during the Bush presidency. Politics? Sure...but politics coupled with mindless ideology...thats...sad.

    Did Clinton submit the Kyoto treaty to the Senate for passage? Did he push for ratification? At ANY time during the 4 years of his second admin?

    Dont bother...we know the answer.

  2. #802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    How about the fact that they don't even put co2 and temperatures on the same graph any longer... it's the simple point that then it becomes too obvious that co2 has no significant causative effect... it's really just a weak influence on climate that has a correlation with temperatures.

  3. #803
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    But it IS a partisan issue and you know it. Its no different than the gay community getting all up in arms over Mormon opposition to gay marriage but remaining tragically silent when the Conference of Black Ministers announces an open declaration on gay marriage. The Global Warming crowd has been silent for 6 years and will remain so when (as I believe) a democrat is elected in 2016. But should a republican be elected? We will go right back to the protests and demonstrations and demands that we save the planet that we saw for 8 years during the Bush presidency. Politics? Sure...but politics coupled with mindless ideology...thats...sad.

    Did Clinton submit the Kyoto treaty to the Senate for passage? Did he push for ratification? At ANY time during the 4 years of his second admin?

    Dont bother...we know the answer.
    Again YOU stated that Bill Clinton did not SIGN Kyoto. That was incorrect. He did. Whether or not he submitted for ratification is not what YOU SAID. You stated point blank that he did not SIGN Kyoto. That was in error. Either in error through ignorance or in error as deliberate attempt to decieve. I don't care which. It was in error. Your inability to accept that fact notwithstanding. It seems silly because it is in black and white for everyone to see. I cannot say that I am suprised though given the fact that the science behind AGW is sound, provable, recreatable and also in black and white and you fail to accept for what admit are partisan reasons.

    I find the fact that you believe this to be a partisan as sad and pathetic.

  4. #804
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,660

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Again YOU stated that Bill Clinton did not SIGN Kyoto. That was incorrect. He did. Whether or not he submitted for ratification is not what YOU SAID. You stated point blank that he did not SIGN Kyoto. That was in error. Either in error through ignorance or in error as deliberate attempt to decieve. I don't care which. It was in error. Your inability to accept that fact notwithstanding. It seems silly because it is in black and white for everyone to see. I cannot say that I am suprised though given the fact that the science behind AGW is sound, provable, recreatable and also in black and white and you fail to accept for what admit are partisan reasons.

    I find the fact that you believe this to be a partisan as sad and pathetic.
    If I 'sign' something that has no validity and I never tak the steps to make it valid, then have I really 'signed' anything?

    The United States (U.S.), although a signatory to the Kyoto Protocol, has neither ratified nor withdrawn from the Protocol. The signature alone is merely symbolic, as the Kyoto Protocol is non-binding on the United States unless ratified.
    Clinton administration

    On 25 July 1997, before the Kyoto Protocol was finalized (although it had been fully negotiated, and a penultimate draft was finished), the U.S. Senate unanimously passed by a 95–0 vote the Byrd–Hagel Resolution (S. Res. 98),[83][84] which stated the sense of the Senate was that the United States should not be a signatory to any protocol that did not include binding targets and timetables for developing nations as well as industrialized nations or "would result in serious harm to the economy of the United States". On 12 November 1998, Vice President Al Gore symbolically signed the protocol. Both Gore and Senator Joseph Lieberman indicated that the protocol would not be acted upon in the Senate until there was participation by the developing nations.[85] The Clinton Administration never submitted the protocol to the Senate for ratification.

    Symbolic bull**** that meant nothing, did nothing, was never acted on, and was ignored by the global warming activists until Bush became president.

  5. #805
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,454

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh I believe in science...just not the mindless junk science that is continuously promoted by the AGW crowd. The one constant in the push to prove that man has created Global Warming (again...notice how you capitulate on the global warming and lower the bar...please...GAWD let us prove man is somehow INFLUENCING the climate change) is that the science has NOT proven that man is causing global warming. Hell, they have to create computer models and manipulate data to try and get it to show what it is 'supposed' to show.
    Capitulate on global warming? Wth are you even talking about? I've explained the labels like 4 times now, and you still don't get it.

    The evidence of global warming? Do you know what "research" is? Surely you're capable of finding this information yourself? The evidence is overwhelming, thousands of pages of it. Here it is in case you can't find it.

    IPCC Fifth Assessment Report

    You believe in science but not agw science?

    Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That lists the consensus and all of the major institutions back agw. What you're looking at is "the science".

    You don't believe in science, you believe in "alternative" science. Which means fringe groups that have little to no credibility and obvious ulterior motivations. You believe in junk science.

  6. #806
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Let's take out of the equation the effects on the planet. **** the planet. Honestly, I won't be around when the effects really come through and it isn't just crazy weather so let's look at what we can do that benefits you and I right now. We aren't so different. What if we had roads that had solar panels in them that did a bunch of badass ****?



    What if you powered your car off of the badass solar roads? What it's like to own a Tesla Model S - A cartoonist's review of his magical space car - The Oatmeal

    So just think, you would have everything better, cheaper in the long run and you would be LIVING IN THE ****ING FUTURE. How can you not get behind that?
    Because we shouldn't push distinct technology on the basis of what we think the future is going to look like.

    Or whether or not it will be " bad ass ".

    Solar is extremely inneficient and its also expensive and its not new technology by any stretch of the imagination.

    Decisions on which technology to support and fund shouldn't be predicated on hyperbolic threats of our imminent destruction.

    The Pro AGW crowd needs to understand that it has a huge credibility problem.

    When you Politicize Science and technology and then tell people that "You can save the world from certain doom " but only if the American public pays up, dont be surprised when a large portion of the population tells you to go pound sand.

  7. #807
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Capitulate on global warming? Wth are you even talking about? I've explained the labels like 4 times now, and you still don't get it.

    The evidence of global warming? Do you know what "research" is? Surely you're capable of finding this information yourself? The evidence is overwhelming, thousands of pages of it. Here it is in case you can't find it.

    IPCC Fifth Assessment Report

    You believe in science but not agw science?

    Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That lists the consensus and all of the major institutions back agw. What you're looking at is "the science".

    You don't believe in science, you believe in "alternative" science. Which means fringe groups that have little to no credibility and obvious ulterior motivations. You believe in junk science.
    Sorry, you kind of lose a little credibility when you tell people the worlds gonna end unless they pay you.

    Because thats essentially what the Pro AGW crowd is saying.

    Pay us because your'e destroying our planet.

    Pay us or your'e a selfish denier and want to destroy the environment.

    Its such BS.

  8. #808
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Sorry, you kind of lose a little credibility when you tell people the worlds gonna end unless they pay you.

    Because thats essentially what the Pro AGW crowd is saying.

    Pay us because your'e destroying our planet.

    Pay us or your'e a selfish denier and want to destroy the environment.

    Its such BS.
    You're distorting what's actually being said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #809
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,660

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Capitulate on global warming? Wth are you even talking about? I've explained the labels like 4 times now, and you still don't get it.

    The evidence of global warming? Do you know what "research" is? Surely you're capable of finding this information yourself? The evidence is overwhelming, thousands of pages of it. Here it is in case you can't find it.

    IPCC Fifth Assessment Report

    You believe in science but not agw science?

    Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That lists the consensus and all of the major institutions back agw. What you're looking at is "the science".

    You don't believe in science, you believe in "alternative" science. Which means fringe groups that have little to no credibility and obvious ulterior motivations. You believe in junk science.
    So...you have proof that man is causing "Global Warming"? No...wait...you have proof that man is "influencing climate change".

    Awesome. The 'scientists' that are continuously manipulating raw data to excuse or justify why the data isnt showing what its 'supposed' to show will be so excited.

  10. #810
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,323

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Wouldn't a five year moving average be a bit more....honest?

    Not really, acceleration is change velocity over a change in time, in this case the velocity is the increase in temperature.
    calculating from an average temp/time would lead to ambiguous results.

Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •