Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #771
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Yes... The ****ing data is conspiring against the climatologists? Is that what you are trying to tell me?

    I never said I denied that temperatures were warming overall... What's not lining up is that increases in co2 are the CAUSE of the warming, a slight influence, yes... But not a primary driver, as EVIDENCED BY THE RAW DATA.
    You can lead a horse to water but....


    Again I believe the primary motive behind denying climate change is that the deniers don't like the politics of some of the people who are its most ardent supporters. That is just plain stupid in my opinion but hey to each his own. I am through arguing whether or not climate change or AGW or whatever you want to parse it out this week is not happening. The facts are obvious. They are facts whether or not you choose to accept them. You are being foolish not to accept the facts and it makes you look more and more foolish each day.

  2. #772
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    And that's why you hear "consensus" and you fall in line like the rest of the lemmings, right?
    Critical thinking skills. The scientists that refute AGW are almost always cranks, there are a few true skeptics milling about but even they are often kind of nutty although they tend to stay true to good science when they do lay it out. The websites that support these people are always typical propaganda crap. The sites uses unprofessional inflammatory language "alarmist catastrophists", they always have a plea for a donation, they are always getting caught exaggerating, lying, misrepresenting, implying falsehoods, over and over and over.

    Now when I read from reputable sources, they contain none of those things. There is no ridiculous language, they aren't asking for money, there aren't links to "click here to save yourself from the government". Rather they contain well researched, supported evidence with a nice reference list at the end. If you research everything they claim you will find exactly what they said. Contrast this with the "denier" sites, if you research their claims you will almost always find horrible trouble, sometimes its complete bull****, sometimes its a gross misrepresentation, rarely is it accurate.

    These are basic research skills you learn in college. Stuff like trusting peer reviewed journals over poorly referenced blogs is not rocket science.

  3. #773
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    You can lead a horse to water but....


    Again I believe the primary motive behind denying climate change is that the deniers don't like the politics of some of the people who are its most ardent supporters. That is just plain stupid in my opinion but hey to each his own. I am through arguing whether or not climate change or AGW or whatever you want to parse it out this week is not happening. The facts are obvious. They are facts whether or not you choose to accept them. You are being foolish not to accept the facts and it makes you look more and more foolish each day.
    Stop with your pseudo-psycho babble... You're not qualified to make that kind of determination.

    But, maybe you are right, it's stupid to look at the raw data to determine if it validates or violates the running hypothesis.

    How is it that I am the one not accepting facts when I'm looking at the data, and you tell me I'm wrong based on dogma?

    Oh, almost missed how it's ME that changes the terms whenever the previous terms stop getting people to buy into the scam?

  4. #774
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Critical thinking skills. The scientists that refute AGW are almost always cranks, there are a few true skeptics milling about but even they are often kind of nutty although they tend to stay true to good science when they do lay it out. The websites that support these people are always typical propaganda crap. The sites uses unprofessional inflammatory language "alarmist catastrophists", they always have a plea for a donation, they are always getting caught exaggerating, lying, misrepresenting, implying falsehoods, over and over and over.

    Now when I read from reputable sources, they contain none of those things. There is no ridiculous language, they aren't asking for money, there aren't links to "click here to save yourself from the government". Rather they contain well researched, supported evidence with a nice reference list at the end. If you research everything they claim you will find exactly what they said. Contrast this with the "denier" sites, if you research their claims you will almost always find horrible trouble, sometimes its complete bull****, sometimes its a gross misrepresentation, rarely is it accurate.

    These are basic research skills you learn in college. Stuff like trusting peer reviewed journals over poorly referenced blogs is not rocket science.
    I'm USING THE RAW DATA COLLECTED, NOT THE GRAPHS THAT ARE BASED ON THE RAW DATA AND MANIPULATED TO PROVE A POINT, NOT ANY SKEPTIC SITES, NOT ANY WEBSITES, THE RAW ****ing DATA.

    Then let's look at the papers, are you even aware of just how many of those papers are based on manipulated data, contrived and impossible hypotheticals, or just outright fraud?

    Do you care? I don't think you do, but I'm willing to take your word for it... I'll give just one example; the big carbonic acid study on crustaceans that had to use 2000+ ppm of co2 before they saw any reaction that wasn't negligible... Forget the fact that at current rates it would take somewhere around 250 years to get to that level, and what's best, the crustaceans adapted.

  5. #775
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I'm USING THE RAW DATA COLLECTED, NOT THE GRAPHS THAT ARE BASED ON THE RAW DATA AND MANIPULATED TO PROVE A POINT, NOT ANY SKEPTIC SITES, NOT ANY WEBSITES, THE RAW ****ing DATA.

    Then let's look at the papers, are you even aware of just how many of those papers are based on manipulated data, contrived and impossible hypotheticals, or just outright fraud?

    Do you care? I don't think you do, but I'm willing to take your word for it... I'll give just one example; the big carbonic acid study on crustaceans that had to use 2000+ ppm of co2 before they saw any reaction that wasn't negligible... Forget the fact that at current rates it would take somewhere around 250 years to get to that level, and what's best, the crustaceans adapted.
    So let me get this right. The scientists are all part of a conspiracy to falsify data? You also don't listen to the right-wing propaganda sites because they are no good too? You however, have the data, the calculations, you've got it all figured out that it is all a big lie. Ohhhkay,

    Why don't you build a website and showcase all this.

  6. #776
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Stop with your pseudo-psycho babble... You're not qualified to make that kind of determination.

    But, maybe you are right, it's stupid to look at the raw data to determine if it validates or violates the running hypothesis.

    How is it that I am the one not accepting facts when I'm looking at the data, and you tell me I'm wrong based on dogma?

    Oh, almost missed how it's ME that changes the terms whenever the previous terms stop getting people to buy into the scam?
    Again not wrong based on dogma. You are wrong based on the observable facts.

    Yes, it is climate change deniers who keep changing the argument. First it was OK, climate change is real and we need to do something about but it should be market based solutions. That then turned into climate is just a bunch a bull****. Then as the science became more and more a concensus the argument morphed into well not all scientist agree anyway this is still a bunch of bull****. Then climate change started to occur in a observable ways and became a threefold argument against it. First, climate change exists but it is not caused by human actions. Second argument is climate change may or not be happening and may or may not be caused by humans but there is nothing we can do about it anyway. The third and last argument being climate change may exist but we would ruin the U.S. economy by tryiing to do something about and besides the Chinese are worse. This last one is my most favorite because it is the age old argument that second graders used to make until they found it out it doesn't work. "I may be wrong but they are wronger see....see....

  7. #777
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,716

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You guys are killing me. You're so caught up in your elaborate imagination, taking to heart what you hear from right-wing propaganda, you've taken the bait hook, line, and sinker.

    Ignorance and the inability to think critically is the root evil that is corrupting America.
    Naw, dood...whats killing you is your pathetic pretense it ISNT people like you that bailed on the AGW phrase.

  8. #778
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,785

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The ice cap is growing. You know that, right?

    Here in Louisiana it snowed three times this winter.

    Hell, I'll be glad when global warming kicks in! LOL!!
    That is a very interesting comment from someone who lives in a state who is losing marshland to the Gulf of Mexico at a rate of more than two acres per hour.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  9. #779
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Naw, dood...whats killing you is your pathetic pretense it ISNT people like you that bailed on the AGW phrase.
    You're seriously arguing that a label is the linchpin that sways the debate?

    I've already tried to explain what the two different labels mean, yet you cling to the notion it is the product of poor science coming apart at the seams. Bizarre does not begin to describe this kind of rationale.

  10. #780
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,653

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    So let me get this right. The scientists are all part of a conspiracy to falsify data? You also don't listen to the right-wing propaganda sites because they are no good too? You however, have the data, the calculations, you've got it all figured out that it is all a big lie. Ohhhkay,

    Why don't you build a website and showcase all this.
    It's better than that. The scientists falsify and manipulate the data, and then falsify and manipulate the interpretation of the data, and then falsify the fact that thee is a consensus based upon the false data with manipulated interpretation.

    But miraculously, BMan knows it's not true because he has the data. From those scientists. Presented in graphs. That apparently everyone believes because there is no consensus.


    LOL.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •